Chapter 9 - Eungchil couple

Our Love After Reply 1997

 

 

[WGM MC Studio View]

“Finally, we can find out what happened with the Eungchil couple! I hope In Guk has prepared something.” Mi Sun seats herself down onto her usual spot on the couch in the studio.

“Can’t wait! Let’s start the video already!” Na Young exclaims.

The newest episode of WGM plays on the TV screen in the studio.

 

[WGM Audience View]

Re-cap of last week’s episodes of all the couples is played, Eungchil’s one is shown the last. The scene where Eunji places her hand onto the doorknob is played then it zooms into the scene itself.

 

Eunji turns the doorknob and pushes the door open. But there is no one there, just a note on the table. She walks towards the table, picks up the note and reads it.

 

The small window appears at the bottom of the video showing the MC’s reactions.

“Eyyy.. What is this, shouldn’t there be decorations and a party going on in that room! Why is it empty!” Na Young says disappointedly.

“ That’s right. In Guk really let us down this time.” Mi Sun agrees.

 


 

 

“ Eunji-ya! Aren’t you surprised to see an empty room?”

Eunji grins as she deciphers the words through In Guk’s sloppy scribbling.

“So come look for me! Hee~ I’ll give you a clue. It’s a place you will never think of.”

Eunji folds the note and clutches it in her hand.

“Somewhere I would never think of? Oppa-ya, there’s no time! The awards show is starting soon and we haven’t even started the party yet.” Eunji sighs but begins the hunt for In Guk. She aimlessly walks around for a while, having no idea where In Guk might be she thought she might just find him by luck. After opening the some of the million and one doors in the building, she was on the verge of giving up. These sky-high heels were killing her and being alone in a big building wasn’t what she expected on her 100th-day. Besides, she had just walked a big round going back to where she started. Eunji decides to go back to the room where the party is held and rest her aching feet, giving up on the man-hunt for In Guk. As she gets closer to the room, she hears noises coming from the brightly lit room. Eunji walks towards the room cautiously, removing her heels one by one to minimize noise. She peers through the crack in the door, seeing In Guk chatting with Hoya on the couch. After searching for him and going through all those doors in these heels for him, he turns out to be just a few rooms away from where she was.
 

Revenge, that was the only thing on her mind now.

 

She goes back into the corridor and pulls out her phone, sending In Guk a message

“Oppa, where are you? When I was looking for you I accidentally sprained my leg. I’m at the editing room now, can you come help me?”

Send.

She looks through the crack again, seeing In Guk pull out his phone, read the message, face turn with fear then get up from the couch and about to dash out of the door. Eunji positions herself right in front of the door, so when In Guk swings it right open, the first thing he will see is her.

3…2…1… Eunji counted in her mind.

WHAM.

The door swung right open. In Guk was about to take off running but immediately halted after seeing a figure right in front of him. Eunji’s eyes were closed shut because of the sudden bright light but she didn’t hide that inevitable big grin after imagining In Guk’s reaction.

“KYA!” In Guk shouted as he fell backwards, shocked by Eunji’s presence.

She opened her eyes to see In Guk sitting on the floor.

Revenge is sweet.

Eunji walked into the room and went straight for the couch Hoya was sitting on, sinking into it as soon as she sat down. Hoya was rolling on the floor with laughter after seeing In Guk’s big fall.

In Guk gets up from the floor and brushes himself off, trying to act as if nothing embarrassing happened.

“Ya! Jung Eunji! What was that! You said you were injured and in another room.” In Guk shouts at Eunji.

“It’s a prank dork. Revenge.” Eunji says nonchalantly, pleased that her plan worked.

In Guk huffs and puffs with anger, upset that Eunji would actually do that to him. But he knew Eunji’s personality so a prank wouldn’t break him.

Eunji suddenly sits up and looks around the room, taking in everything and finally realizing her secret party for their 100th-day has obviously been crashed by In Guk. She buries her face into her hands, embarrassed of her ruined plan and her useless attempt to surprise him.

But after she raises her head from her hands, she sees In Guk seated in front of her with a guitar in his hands. She then realizes that they are the only ones left in the room, just her and In Guk staring straight into her eyes. Eunji still hadn’t gotten over the way In Guk stares at her, those dark round eyes seemed to her soul right out of her. In Guk looks down at his guitar and starts to play ‘Lucky’ by Jason Mraz. Eunji is totally mesmerized by In Guk, how perfect he was for her, his smooth vocals against the strums from the guitar and his ever-flowing charisma just captured all her attention. She didn’t even know the song had ended until she realized his perfect full lips had stopped moving. Eunji snapped out of her trance and applauded loudly to distract In Guk. He put down the guitar and went over the table, grabbing a prettily wrapped box. He stretches his arms out in front of him so that the present is directly at Eunji’s eye level. She takes it from his hands and places it on her lap then removes the cover to reveal a red couple hoodie, a few accessories and a hand written note from In Guk. Before Eunji begins poring into the box of gifts, she heads over to the far end of the room, digs into a bag of things and pulls out a present as well. But as she turns around to walk back to the couch, the room suddenly becomes pitch black. Eunji panics, not liking the dark at all but soon comforted after seeing a few candles lit on what seemed to be a cake. The light from the candles reflect off In Guk’s face, showing his silly grin. Eunji giggles after seeing his face like that, it was so cute. He slowly walks towards her, holding the cake steady while attempting to walk in the dark. After successfully making his way to meet Eunji, he says softly

“Eunji-ya, thank you for tolerating with my nonsense for 100 days now. I promise to do better for another 100 days! Gomawo Eunji.” He then signals for her to blow out the candles.

Eunji blows out the candles in a huge puff, leaving the room pitch dark; In Guk puts the cake down then races across the room, feels for the light switch and turns the lights back on.

“Happy 100th-day Oppa! May we celebrate our 200th and 300th together! Hee~” Eunji says as she gives In Guk his present.

 

WGM episode fades out and ends.

 


 

 

 

Eunji is in her waiting room getting ready for her musical “Legally Blonde”. She straightens the blonde wig on her head while singing a verse of the musical. Eunji is dressed in a tight fitting mini dress with heels to match, it’s not her style but what Elle Woods would have worn.

There is a knock at the door.

It opens a little and in pops In Guk’s head through the small crack of the door.

“Ya, Jung Eunji! What are you doing in such a short dress and high heels! You’re a married woman you know!” In Guk emerges from behind the door, dressed casually in their red couple hoodie and jeans.

“Stop messing around oppa, I don’t like the outfit either but it’s for the musical.” Eunji says then continues humming the tune to the musical number.

In Guk stops his jokes knowing that Eunji isn’t in the mood.

“Chagiya, do well! I’ll be watching from the audience and the one who claps the loudest for you okay! Don’t be nervous, I’m sure you’ll do well.” In Guk places his hands on Eunji’s shoulders as if giving her all his energy. Eunji was definitely more nervous than usual, it was because In Guk was here, she wanted to give her best performance to impress him but the stress got the better of her. The lyrics were all jumbled up in her mind and she couldn’t catch the tune of half the numbers in the musical. Eunji really panicked, about embarrassing herself in front of a few thousand people and most importantly, In Guk.

“Oh I almost forgot, we have a filming for tvN Taxi on Monday. You know that right?”

Eunji nods but she isn’t even listening, too worried about her performance. In Guk gives Eunji a light peck on the lips before leaving the room and returning to his seat in the audience.

 

Eunji warms up her voice back-stage and does one last check through her outfit before standing behind the red curtains, ready for the performance.

 

You can do this Eunji, it’s just like the other performances. Relax and have fun with it.

 

The curtains slowly open and a spotlight shines on Eunji.

 

This is it, let’s go.

 

 


 

Subscribe, comment and upvote! :) So glad you guys liked the Christmas chapter! :) Heh used Eungchil instead of Eunguk, but its the same. Just that Eungchil comes from Reply 1997, with 'Eung' from 응답하라 1997 (Eungdaparha 1997) and 'chil' from 1997 because 7 is korean is 'chil'. 

Btw! I entered a writing contest! Its the Christmas chapter from this fic but i made it into a one-shot to enter. Please upvote subscribe and comment even though you guys would have read it by now. THANK YOU~ :P [x]

 

 

@SujuXLove : Thank you for your supportive comments! I know! More people should write about Eunguk! Heh~ everyone loves Hoya, yeah? Christmas chapter got to everyone HEH!

@pandagirl753: Haha thank you thank you! Keep checking back for new chapters! :)

@Ainaeunchul: LOL! ME TOO. I'm such a nerd for Eunguk that it hurts, I just wish they would get together already. OTL

@bowties : Hopefully everyone supports Eunguk together, forever as one. heh!

@timmytam : KDUFYWBFPiqehfnwl;ighwliug. HAI~ :) hahaha

@gyne422 : Yeah, now only if that really happened then the whole world would be perfect.

@nixielle16: Hello chingu! Thank you for liking the story! Check back for more chapters! Erm I've seen only one other Eunguk fic besides mine. Its called lightsticked if im not wrong. :)

@kyuhyunnia: THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVE, I am so touched. *snifffff~* anything Eunguk makes me spazz until I fall off my chair. heh~

@Kindeldunya: YES. WELCOME TO THE EUNGUK SHIP! :) HAHA here's your update! 

@supergeneration09: HAI PRECIOUS NEW SUBSCRIBER AND EUNGUK SHIPPER . haha sorry if i freaked you out. More chapters in the works so check back often!