Chapter 15 - The final commitment.

Our Love After Reply 1997

The final commitment.

The question is, are you ready for it?


 

 

 

It is a chilly Tuesday morning. Eunji and In Guk are hidden away in their WGM house. They could be enjoying coffee at dainty coffee shops in the Dongdaemun area or shopping for couple outfits in Gangnam but they still enjoyed the company of each other, only each other the best. The couple is huddled close together under the fluffy white covers of their bed, fast asleep. Eunji tries to shield her eyes from the sun, shifting her head from his shoulder to his chest. She hears the faint rhythm of his heart, that steady beat was oddly soothing, allowing her to slowly drift back to sleep. The couple’s schedules were oddly free that day so they were sure to make the best of it before they returned to their hectic lives.

It was only late morning when the couple woke; In Guk opened his eyes to Eunji’s dorky sleeping face. She was so exhausted that was gaping open and a soft snore symphonized with each breath she took. He grinned then reached for his phone on the side table to take a picture, careful not to wake her. After taking a few shots of Eunji, she flinched and woke from her sleep, eyes squinted and groggy-looking. In Guk quickly shoved his phone under his pillow then acted as if nothing happened. Eunji extended her hands in front of her, indicating that she wanted a hug. In Guk did the same, pulling Eunji towards him and giving her a big morning bear hug. She buried her face into his sweater that she got him then looked up at his face.

“Keke~ you’ve finally decided to wear this”

“Of course, it’s from my chagiya!” He gives Eunji one of his cheesy grins again.

“Tch! Michin-nom.”

In Guk leans forward and their lips meet, giving each other a deep morning kiss before lazing in bed for a while more. The couple lay on the bed facing each other, studying the opposite’s face. In Guk plays with Eunji’s hair, twirling a bunch between his fingers.

“Chagiya.. Have you ever thought about.. marriage?” He asks awkwardly.

Eunji is stunned by the question.

“Uhhh.. I have but I don’t know..”

A cold silence hangs in the air. In Guk lets Eunji’s hair fall from his hand then reaches out for her hands, gripping them tightly as she offers them from under the covers.

“Have you ever considered.. me?” In Guk asks with much sincerity.

“Ya, what’s wrong with you today? Quit acting all funny.” Eunji shyly avoids the question but feels her face flush red hot.

In Guk squeezes Eunji’s hands within his, trying to get her attention back from wherever it went. He was serious about asking for her hand in marriage. Yes it was a little rushed but I mean who the heck cares, as long as two people are in love and believe that way strongly, what’s stopping them from marriage? In Guk really felt that Eunji was the one for him. It was like she completed him, all his flaws were masked by her perfections, they had become one.

He didn’t know what to do because Eunji was so young and he wasn’t getting any younger. In Guk didn’t want to impose it on her though, she had just started off a potentially successful career of being an idol/actress so he did not want to weigh her down with marriage.

 

But when is the right time? Will there even ever be a right time?

 

--

This question hung around in In Guk’s mind for quite some time and actually never left. It was like a time bomb ready to explode but somehow it never did. Every time the couple met up with each other, In Guk had the urge to pop the question but it always never managed to make its way out of In Guk’s mouth. He knew he wasn’t going to do those cheesy proposals everyone dreams about, with balloons flying out of the car boot or finding the ring in ice cream or dessert, it would just be a simple yes or no question with the ring in the box, so you can see the troubles In Guk faced to find the right moment. He wanted that moment to be special, even without the cheesy events, just like how Yoonjae proposed to Shiwon, simple yet special.

 

--

In Guk had mentioned his intentions to his parents a while ago, they were surprisingly supportive of his decision and so the trio went ring-shopping the week before. He initially insisted that he could go himself because he thought his mother might pick out something tacky and traditional but in the end was quite glad that he brought them along for their opinions and sponsorship. He picked out an elegant ring with a simple design and a small diamond embedded in the front. In Guk didn’t want to pick something that might look too old for Eunji, considering the age factor between the couple. He then chose another pair that was much more casual, more of a commitment kind of ring because he knew that they would probably risk losing the other one quite soon.

 

--

Incoming call

“Cha-gukkie~ <3 “

 

“Yeoboseyo~ Chagiya!” Eunji greets her boyfriend cheerfully.

“Mhmm Chagiya~ Where are you now?”

“Now? I’m filming my new drama, but we are having a break now. Wae? Did you miss me sooo much that you had to call?”

“Yeah! Quit dreaming you Busan ahjumma. Keke~ Anyway, remember I told you my parents wanted you to come over for dinner? They are planning to do it this Saturday night . Can you make it?”

“Uhmm.. I’m sure I can! Even if I can’t, I’ll make sure I do because it’s the first meeting, I have to be there!”

“Keke~ Araso, I’ll tell them that. “

“Araso Oppa, I’ve got to go now. I’ll call you later okay!”

“Mhmm.. araso. Do well chagiya! Saranghae~”

“Nado saranghae!”

 

Call ended

--

It’s a Friday night and the streets of Seoul are exceptionally busy despite the below zero temperatures. In Guk is in his home snacking on microwavable foods and watching the news after his schedule while Eunji is staying late to train with her fellow Apink members. The couple wanted to meet up after Eunji’s practice but it was already too late by the time she finished so a video chat had to suffice. They talked for a few hours, making dorky faces at each other, throwing inside jokes at each other and after several guest appearances from the Apink members, the chat finally ended with two kissy faces to each other.

 

--

It was finally Saturday, Eunji barely got any sleep the night before because of the anxiousness and the video chat but she fought the fatigue and began to get ready for dinner. It was only 10:25 a.m but Eunji was already scrambling through her closet and her members’ for the ‘perfect’ outfit. She had never cared so much for her appearance and would kill to wear a comfy hoodie with jeans but it was the first meeting and first impressions were important. Eunji picked out a pastel blue dress accompanied with flats and a thick winter coat. She then went to the salon to get her make-up and hair done before meeting In Guk at a nearby coffee-shop for some drinks.

--

In Guk carried the tray of drinks over to one of the empty tables near the windows of the shop and sank down onto the arm chair. He took a sip of his caramel latte as the door to the shop swung open. In came Eunji, all dolled-up and ready for tonight. In Guk choked on his coffee, burning the back of his throat as he painfully swallows it. Eunji frowned as she walked towards the table In Guk was at.

“Oppa are you alright? “ She asks as In Guk hits his chest repeatedly. He nods and signals for her to sit in the empty chair opposite him.

“I ordered your favourite.” He barely gets that out of his mouth without sounding like a frog then points at the steaming mug on the tray.

“You sure you’re okay Oppa? Did you burn your throat?” Eunji asks with much concern

He nods then settles down finally getting a good look at Eunji. She looked different today, not like his Busan ahjumma anymore, more like a dainty Seoul lady who actually cared about how she looked. Eunji flicked her fringe off her eyes before taking a sip of her coffee as well. In Guk stared blankly at his beautiful girlfriend, he’d never thought he would see her like this and it in fact made his heart flutter. The thought of Eunji putting in so much effort just to meet his parents was comforting and reassuring to his decision. In Guk downed the last of his coffee then looked to Eunji, signaling that they should leave soon. She headed to the washroom to freshen up before returning to In Guk who already has his hand stretched out for her to hold.

“Chagiya let’s go!” In Guk says as Eunji grabs his hand.

As the weave through the numerous tables in the shop, Apink’s ‘Hush’ comes on the radio. In Guk stops in his tracks and begins to do the ‘compass dance’ of ‘Hush’, causing Eunji to be extremely embarrassed. She manages to pull him out of the shop before the chorus which is her part so that he wouldn’t start bragging to everyone about his girlfriend’s part of the song. The couple makes their way to In Guk’s car where they begin their journey back to their hometowns. The weather was harsh, making the two shuffle close to each other as they walked. In Guk wraps his arm around Eunji, pulling her close to him.

“Ya, any tighter I won’t be able to walk properly.” Eunji spat, partly because of the cold.

--

Eunji settled into the passenger’s seat, buckling her seat belt then turning up the heat in the car. In Guk warmed his hands against the air emitting from the air vents then they set off.

“Oppa! I heard your new song. Who are you singing that to? Se In unnie?” Eunji teased.

“Ya, who else would it be for? Of course it’s our Eun Taek-ie!” In Guk played along.

“Tch! So now your on-screen son is more important than me? Go away!” She played the cold shoulder card.

“Ya! You kissed Kim Bum-ssi okay, I haven’t settled that score with you yet!”

“You kissed Se In unnie too so we are even!”

“Jung Eunji, what am I going to do with you. You need to control yourself okay, I can’t be telling you who to and not to kiss. The only person that gets to feel those lips should be ME!”

“Wah, you are really petty you know that! At least I’m not a playboy like somebody.. “

“Hush hush hush hush hush~” In Guk begins to sing as an attempt shut Eunji up from her never ending rebuttals.

“Oppa! Sing your new song for me!”

“Ahhh.. uhm later.”

“No now! Just the chorus!”

“Aniya! Later~”

 

--

 

Before they knew it they had reached In Guk’s parents’ house. He pulled in at the driveway then unbuckled his seatbelt. In Guk was about to get out of the car when he noticed Eunji frozen stiff next to him. She was still strapped to her seat, motionless in fact, probably frozen with fear of meeting his parents for the first time. In Guk places his hand over hers then comforts her by telling her everything will be fine and that she’ll do great. But that’s not what Eunji was shocked by, she saw it.

 

 

She saw the ring

 

 

HAI GUISE! :D Okay I'm sorry for the SUPER SUPER late update. I've just started school and it was CNY so i couldn't edit this chapter in time. So here it is! Chapter 15! Just a heads up to those who skip my comments :( This will be the second last chapter of Our Love After Reply 1997. BOOOOOOOOO~ Sorry guise! I'm really busy now so I can't update often! If I do start on a new story as I said, it would either be a sequel to this story OR a new one based on Yoonjae and Shiwon. Haven't decided yet but hope you guise will voice your comments below! AND FINALLY subscribe, comment and upvote, it really make me really happy. Like I will fly to the moon and back. Heh!

 

@SujuXLove : I BELIEVE EUNGUK IS REAL! Haha thanks for the suggestion! Will consider it! HEE  :)

@supergeneration09: I really do hope they will get together. Not only Apink and VIXX will go craxy, all of us will too. 

@aerachoi : HAHA now only if this was in real life, then my life would be complete. 

@timmytam : LOLOL I WANT THEM TO DO THAT TOO~ EUNGUK PLEASE BE REAL.

@pandagirl753 : IKR. THEY SHOULD JUST GET MARRIED ALREADY.