Chapter 14 - The secret's out, now what?

Our Love After Reply 1997

 

The secret's out, now what?

 


 


" Eunji and I are dating!"

Eunji stands beside In Guk, rooted and speechless but still hand in hand with him.

 

Did he just announce it to everyone? I must be dreaming.. it's not real.


Eunji shuts her eyes tight and wriggles her hand out of In Guk’s grip. 

Everything and everyone goes quiet, as if they had all vanished into thin air and no one had heard what In Guk said. Well, that was what Eunji had hoped for. It felt like all those months of secret meetings and hide-and-seek were slowly drifting away from her memory. I mean revealing their relationship was what Eunji wanted all along but some part of her felt upset and regretful that it was all over. The hiding made her feel that they were somewhat exclusive, now that it’s out in the open it felt like any other ordinary relationship. Anyway, the situation right now was too much for her to comprehend; In Guk had just announced their relationship without Eunji’s acknowledgment so it totally caught her off guard.
 

‘tick.. tick.. tick’

 

The silence of the room was too overwhelming for In Guk, it was so difficult to stand there waiting for a response or even a reaction from them. He had practically just announced to his co-workers and in some way, the world that he was in a relationship at least some recognition would be nice.

And as if In Guk had just spoke his mind, responses came flying from all around the room and life was restored in the room, everyone continued their work as normal.

 

 

“We know..  You guys are so obvious”

“Yeah, it’s about time you guys came out. Everyone’s been waiting.”

“Yeah, we’ve just been waiting for a full confession, so I guess this is it.”

“Woo, In Guk-ah, that was cool.”

“Eunji-ya, chukka-hae~”

“Do well the two of you, don’t be like Yoonjae and Shiwon okay. Keke.”

 

Eunji and In Guk stare blankly at everyone in the room, their expressions were not shocked at all, in fact actually happy, happy for them.

“Wait. Wh.. what? You guys all knew?” In Guk asks.

 

“Mmhmm.. Well it was all speculations, but we all kind of figured it out.” Someone shouts from behind the set.

 

Eunji turns her head and stares at In Guk, in utter shock by how ridiculous the situation is. Here the two of them were so worried about hiding their relationship but in actual fact everyone knew about it, well guessed it anyway. In Guk feels Eunji’s eyes on him so he turns to face her too. The two look at each other for a while, speechless and mouths gaping wide open but burst out laughing not long after.

 

“What is this?!” Eunji says in between her laughs

In Guk shrugs as he grins foolishly with Eunji. Now that they have announced their relationship, it really felt as if a huge weight had just been lifted off their shoulders. But what they had to worry about now was the break out of the news and how everyone else would react to it.

 

--

 

In fact, the news went like wildfire, in less than an hour of their ‘announcement’, news of their relationship is practically the cover story of every news site in Korea, not to mention SNS as well. In Guk and Eunji’s phones were ringing and beeping non-stop, first they had to explain themselves to their parents and companies which was definitely not easy for Eunji. But her reason was the same, she told them that she couldn’t control who she loved and in this case it was In Guk. Her parents were definitely shocked by the news but not against it, her company on the other hand was not for it. Eunji’s schedule was tight but her company had many other projects for her, dating wouldn’t be a plus for their plan but they accepted it anyway. In Guk went to visit his parents at their home in Ulsan, he thought it would be better for him to speak with them face-to-face about the matter, so the couple separated to handle their affairs.

 

--

 

“Omma, I’m here!” In Guk shouts as he walks through the front door. He slips off his shoes and pulls off his winter coat when his mother walks in.

“Oh you’re here? Come, sit in the living room. I’ll get you some tea.” His mother says as she makes her way to the kitchen. In Guk places his coat on one of the chairs before slumping down onto the couch and giving out a deep sigh.

 

“In Guk-ah.” A deep, mellow voice is heard from behind In Guk.

In Guk sits straight up and replies with a steady, firm voice.

“Deh! Appa!” He turns around and sees his father standing behind him. His father makes his way around the couch and sits down next to In Guk, he places a hand on In Guk’s shoulder and gives it a strong whack.

 

“AHH! APPA!” In Guk yells as he rubs his shoulder continuously, hoping the pain would go away.

“You rascal! Why didn’t you tell us that you were dating Eunji? Shouldn’t we be the first ones to know and not find out through the news?” In Guk’s father says sternly.

“Aniya.. We thought that it would be the best to keep a secret first.. so..” In Guk rubs the back of his neck after giving an awkward grin.

 

“We are still your parents, you should have told us earlier.” In Guk’s mother appears with two glasses of pear tea, she sets them down onto the coffee table before taking her place on the opposite seat of the couch. In Guk grabs the glass of tea and sips it carefully to avoid burning his tongue and answering anymore questions.

“So when will you bring her down for dinner?” In Guk’s mother asks with much anticipation.

In Guk chokes on his tea, coughing up a big fuss before he manages to somewhat change the subject.

“I’m coming out with a new single, so keep an eye out for it! It’s called ‘I Can’t Live Because Of You.’ “

“Why, did you write it for Eunji? Confessing your love for her, that you can’t live without her?” His father jokes.

“Appa! It isn’t like that okay. Anyway, I have to go now. “

In Guk finishes the last drop of his tea and visits the washroom before he gets ready to leave.

“I bought you two health products earlier this week so it should arrive next week and also I’ve transferred the money into your accounts. Take care okay, I’ll call you oftenand visit when I can!” In Guk slips his shoes back on then gives his parents’ two big hugs before going back to Seoul.

 

--

 

Incoming call

 

Guk-Gukkie~ <3

 

“Oh Oppa-ya.”

“Eunji-ya, how did it go?”

“Well, our president wasn’t too happy about it at first but he accepted it in the end. I’m on my way back to my dorm, the president thought it would be a good idea for me to stay in until they release an official statement. What about you, where are you now?”

“I’m going back to my place too, my company said they would be releasing an official statement too but I’m just really tired and I don’t have anything planned for later so I’m heading back early to rest.”

“Oppa! I heard that you’re releasing a new single! I can’t wait to hear it! I hope it’s daebak!”

“Keke, gomawo chagiya. You’ll just have to wait and see!”

 

“Araso, but I’m so curious!”

An air of silence hangs between the two before Eunji breaks it.

“Oppa. I can’t believe it’s finally out though, the news of our relationship. I never imagined that this day would come.”

“Nado. But I’m kinda glad it did, we don’t have to hide anymore.. Anyway, I just visited my parents and they want you to come for dinner.”

The other end of the phone call goes dead.

“Eunji-ya, you don’t have to if you don’t want to.. I mean, my parents are just really nosy so you don’t have to take it seriously jus..”

Eunji cuts In Guk off halfway.

“Okay! When?”

In Guk is stunned, he didn’t expect Eunji to be this willing to meet his parents. He thought that girls would be shy to meet the boyfriend’s parents but Eunji, he didn’t know what to expect with his Busan ahjumma.

“Uhh.. I’ll arrange a date with them then inform you.”

“Araso! Oppa, I’ll talk to you later okay, I’ve got to go now.”

“Mhmm.. araso. Chagiya! Saranghae~”

“Keke, nado chagiya!”

 

 

Another problem they faced now was WGM.  They needed to know what was going to happen to them on the show because dating your virtual husband/wife in real life wasn’t really part of the deal when they signed up. It would be fun to have an actual couple appear on the show but that wasn’t what WGM was about so the two thought they wouldn’t be continuing their WGM journey.

 

--

 

The reactions from the public were quite unexpected actually, the couple didn’t expect people to be agreeable with their relationship but in fact, most of them were supportive. Besides some snotty and critical comments about Eunji dating an older guy at such a young age, the other comments were really encouraging. The couple took the netizens’ reactions with a positive mind-set, using it as a means to make their relationship even better than it was before. Speaking of reactions, the Apink members had literally gone crazy when the couple announced their relationship. The other six members were so happy for Eunji that they actually forced her to promise to only marry In Guk, it was ridiculous but comforting to know that they supported her decisions. VIXX went crazy too, congratulating In Guk and teasing him about their new sister in-law.

 

--

 

Not having to hide from the paparazzi was something very different for the couple. They could go for dates and hold hands in public without worrying about people staring anymore. But the secret’s out, so now what? How do they react now and how will it affect their relationship? Can Eunguk get through this phase of change?

But as Yoonjae said

 

“They say that people are born with a red string that they can’t see, tied to their pinky fingers, and the end is tied to the one you’re fated to be with. But the thread is twisted this way and that, making it hard to find the other end.”

 

 

 


 

HAI GUISE~ HEEE.

Okay this chapter was y, I didn't know how to start or end off this chapter, my writer's juices weren't flowing as well today. :O Hope that the next chapter will be much better.

Anyway! As I said earlier, I might be ending this story to start a sequel. I might do that or start a new story based on Yoonjae and Shiwon, the Reply 1997 characters. So it'll be like their life after the storyline of Reply 1997. Not sure yet but will inform you guys soon! Also starting school again.. NOOOOOOOOOOOO. So I won't be able to update THAT often as before. Do give your opinions in the comments section below and subscribe and upvote! It makes me happy :3 

@Raynie1995: THANKS SO MUCH :) And hello ;3

@pandagirl753: HAHA OMO so many squeals for me. I feel flattered. ;X

@supergeneration09: Yeah, it just came out this way, somehow. Heh.

@kyuhyunnia: Thanks! It just fit nicely with how the story went. :P

@jonghunnie: :) Thank youu~ That makes me very happy :D

@timmytam: No problem, I have to keep this story alive and YES they should. 

@elizabeth-jmj: WELCOME TO THE EUNGUK SHIP FELLOW SHIPPER~ :)

@aerachoi: HEH~ :) Glad everyone liked the ending, was kinda skeptical so.. :P