Chapter 28

Dear Diary

( Jihye's pov )

" wow the coffee here is really good. " I commented out loud and took another huge sip. " I will have to agree to  that statement. " Sunggyu said and chuckled taking a sip of his own coffee.

 " well how many years has it been since I last saw you ? " I asked after his chuckle has died down. " hmm.. 5 years ? Somewhere around there. " he answered, tapping his chin. Five years ?! Wasn't my accident 5 years ago ? " wow it has been.... Really long. " I struggled to get the words out of my mouth and quickly took a gulp of my coffee.

 " it has. So, how are you ? " he asked and a small smirk went though his face. " the last time I saw you, you were crying and complaining about a guy named Jonghyun. " he chuckled to himself and stirred his coffee. " I was really amused by your deep feelings for that guy and ohhh boy, I was so glad that it worked out for you in the end. " " it worked out for me and him ? " I blurted out and quickly covered my mouth in shock. 

" yeah... You texted me that you and him worked out remember.... ? " he asked looking a me intensely. " oh yeah right I forgot for a moment. " I let out an awkward laugh and quickly pick up my cup to take a drink.

 " Jihye... " 

" yes ? What ? " I mumbled quickly and nervously. 

" stop lying to me. " he sigh and sat back on his chair. " lying ? Why would I lie to you ? " I let out another awkward laugh and looked away. " Jihye. " his voice was firm and I gulped, not knowing how to act or what to do. 

" I... I .. " I stuttered, looking around for help somehow. " you and him never worked out. And you don't even have my number. " " r-really ? I think I might have.. Eh f-forgotten ! " I tried to cover up as well as I could but it was obviously failing. " Jihye. If you still see me as a good friend like you did in the past, stop with the lies. " I sigh in defeat and looked down on my coffee cup, feeling guilty.

 " fine alright. I just... I just don't remember anything at all.. I got into an accident a few years back and I lost most of my memories. I do remember some bits here and there but nothing fits together ! " I exclaimed.

" I thought that.. Well hey someone someone just pops up and remembers me and I don't remember that person at all although there was a slight sense of recognition.. " I stopes halfway and peek up to see sunggyu's expression and was greeted by a poker face.

" so I thought maybe if I hang out with him, I could just.. Get some things about my past out from him and maybe.. Just maybe I will be able to remember more or everything of my past. " I finished, slump back onto the chair, wishing the chair will swallow me up somehow.

 After a few moment of silence - the one with tension and it feel like you can't breath anymore. THAT kind of silence. - he finally spoke up. Cautiously. " well.. You could have told me your situation and I would have gladly told you the things that you want to know about your past. But.. It's not like I know much about your past anyway.. Just maybe bits and pieces. " he said, snickering at the end. 

" those bits and pieces could have solved some of my puzzle you know. " I replied grumpily and rested my cheek on my fist. " but I won't tell you anything now. " " what why ?!! " " well because, you can't just force yourself to remember all these things you know. Even if I did tell you some of the bits and pieces and somehow it fits to what you remember, you won't exactly remember it. "

 " what do you mean I won't exactly remember it ? " I replied, feeling lost. " even if you remember the scene, you won't remember it as a memory, the emotional feeling for that certain memory won't be there. " I look back down onto my coffee cup and bit my bottom lips, thoughts rushing around in my mind.

 " do you understand what I mean Jihye ? " he asked, leaning towards me. " you wouldn't want it to just be a scene which you can see in your mind and yet not be able to feel what actually happened would you ? " I shook my head hesitantly and peep up at sunggyu. He let out a sigh and lean back on his chair again. 

" you know Jihye.. Maybe you can't remember because you don't want to. " I frowned at him and rebutted " why would I not want to remember ? If I don't want to remember why would I even- " 

" well maybe that is what you tell yourself. Maybe you are afraid to remember but you just don't know it yourself. " he cut me off and stated. 

" why should I be afraid ? " he strugged at my question and took a sip of his own coffee. " I don't know. Maybe it wasn't a car accident that you experienced but something else that shook you and made you forget. " he stopped halfway and tap his temple. The corner of his lips lifted up a little, showing a slight smile. " mind over matter. "

 I let out a sigh and ruffled my hair " this is so frustrating. " I grumbled feeling messed up. " don't force yourself too much Jihye. " sunggyu gave me a pleasant smile and look at his watch. " well.. I got to go. It was.. Really nice and interesting to see you again. Let's just hope the next time I see you, you will have everything figured out alright. " he grinned and stood up, preparing to take his leave. 

" it was nice to see you too Sunggyu. And well.. Thank you for your advice ? " I laugh towards the end and gave him a small wave. " pleasures all mine. " he gave me another grin and bowed a little before leaving the shop.

 Once he left though, my smile disappeared and I furrowed my eyebrows, messing up my hair yet again before letting out another sigh. This whole thing is so messy and downright frustrating. I was stirring my coffee when I felt a presence in front of me. I look up and saw a strikingly familiar girl sitting on the seat Sunggyu was sitting on a moment ago. 

" it's been long, Jihye. " she said in a slightly soft tone. 

Somehow, seeing that girl gave me a shiver down my spine and a weird sense of terror shake my whole body. Although I have never seen her before, a name came into my mind right away and I blurted out the name before I could stop myself

 " Han Joomin. " 

-----
Hey guys ! 
Sorry for being away for so so long :(
I was kinda busy with school...
#lifeofaschoolgirl
I'll try to update more but.. 
I HAVE ANOTHER NATIONAL EXAM THIS YEAR AND IT DETERMINES MY FUTURE SO :'(
* sobs *
Okay I won't burden you all with a long long note... So
I really hope I can update asap !
Sorry for the super late update ! ><
And thank you all for sticking with me :D
Okay till the next chapter (:
Goodbyessss