Chapter 6: Wake Up Call

My Lady

 

Last night, after the President went out, the rest of the boys came back rushing in. He was bombarded with questions regarding his love life. Clearly, they had been eavesdropping. Even the earlier pissed off Seunghyun was busy being a very gossipy ahjummah.

He shrugged them off saying that he felt tired and need some sleep. Not believing their leaders one bit, they left the room quietly out of respect for his request.

In the morning after, he lay on his bed, thinking about what the ssajangnim had stirred in his head.

 

~o0o~

 

When Kiko called Jiyong last, she told him that she needed a break from him, from them, from their relationship.

She suggested that after all these years, she actually needed her own space. She needed to play around a bit more. She said this time will different from any of their other mini episodes of breakups. He asked her how different will it be? He said that they both knew what was going to happen; that they will still go back together in the end.

She just simply replied, “It will be different this time.”

He asked again, “Why?”

“Let’s just leave it as that for the time being.” She said calmly. “I believe in fate. If we’re meant to be together, everything will fall into place effortlessly. Believe in that, Jingyo.”

With that, she ended the call.

He has guesstimated that within the same week, Kiko would have called him and begged to get together with him again. He waited and waited. Everyday staring at the clock hanging on his wall, his phone clutched tight against his chest. Every night a few packs of Red Bull to accompany him.

It’s been almost six months since that night. Was she really putting a stop in their incomprehensible relationship? But maybe it really would be different. Maybe the relationship might improve overtime? He was in denial. He was sure now that nothing was changing.

He stopped the waiting game around the fourth week of their breakup.

He played around, he went to the weirdest places with Nuthang and said yes to every party invitations. His every day and every night spent with nameless faces, his body buried in between someone’s legs, waking up to heavy headaches and stained with heady scent of smoke, alcohol and perfumes.

His life was that crazy. It was full of chaos and there was no love to fill his empty chest. He cried to sleep every time he came back to his apartment.

 

~o0o~

Six days into his ‘house arrest’, he really couldn’t get the boredom out of his head. His group members did entertain him, YG family and his closest friends, family members, along with fan letters wishing him well.

But blinking his eyes to the same room and place every morning, he realizes that nothing was changing.

Maybe I should take my parents to Jejudo for some relaxing time? Oh, but the 2NE1 girls were going to go there for their video shoot…

His thoughts drifted to Park Bom. She has not come and visited him after he woke up. But the overly enthusiastic Chaerin did, the trying to be fresh and bright Dara did, the adorable Minji did. Even Psy, Gummy and Se7en came to see him despite their busy schedule.

The only contact they had was when she called him in the middle of the night – waking him from a deep slumber, just to check if he was okay, if he needed anything. The dorky noona engaged him in a long conversation full of funny little anecdotes, her thoughts, her health food, until the sun rises that morning.

He admitted that it was fun and relaxing, he laughed so hard – literally rolling on the floor laughing and pounding his fists on the wooden floor. He earned the plushie thrown in his face by the agitated Seungri, it was worth it.

But it was just as a noona-dongsaeng relationship. Nothing more.

He wanted everything back as it were eight years ago…

Looking to his side, he saw Gaho was sleeping soundly. He came over to his companion and started to rub its tummy. Gaho whimpered in contentment. He chuckled a little and continued to play with the Sharpei’s wrinkles.

While playing, Jiyong noticed something from Gaho’s bed. It gives off a glint as the sun from outside breached into his bedroom that morning. He reached his hand out to the other side of the small bed and pulled out the end of the shiny thing.

It was a bracelet.

It was the bracelet that he gave Park Bom all those years ago. The day before Kiko came into his life, the day before her birthday. A silver custom made bracelet with charms of her favourite things; corn, lipstick, star, butterfly, a poodle and a unicorn.

She was so happy when he gave her that bracelet, he got rewarded that night. Handsomely.

She must have left it here during the days when they fought a lot before officially breaking up.

How did his buddy found the bracelet, he never knew. Maybe like his master, he was missing the y lady as well.

Now that he thinks about it, Gaho never liked Kiko. Not one bit. He barks unnecessarily at her, growling randomly and doing things unintelligible just to hear the woman scream in frustration. It was too much to the point where Kiko would not come around his place if Gaho was around.

The fact that Gaho misses Park Bom surprised him so much. He thought that he was being unfair to the two. Gaho and Park Bom. Park Bom was dubbed as Gaho’s mom after all.

That was when he had seen the light. His wakeup call.

He felt determined to get back Park Bom no matter what the cost was. Even if he had to promote his feelings on the songs he was now making. Even of it kept the world guessing, he wanted Park Bom to know how he felt, that he wants her back.