Chapter 4: His sanity

My Lady

 

Park Bom stayed silent. They all did. She then swiveled her chair, making TOP let go of his arm and faced Jiyong while looking at the floor all the time. Without moving her head, her eyes shot upwards to meet Jiyong’s. They hit him like a spotlight.

She truly was beautiful. More beautiful than the last time she met him. Was she getting slimmer? Did she dye her hair a little lighter? Was she letting the bangs grow longer this time? Her pink lips were not glossy but looked rather wet and her eyes were lined thinly. She did not thicken her eyelashes, she did not wear eye shadows of any kind and she did not wear her circle lenses this time. She looked natural and that was beautiful to him.

“You look… different, noona.” He commented. He regretted saying that because when he heard it again, he sounded so stupid and felt like he was a teenage boy meeting his crush.

“Are you saying…” She started. Her face scrunched up into a pouty confusion, it was adorable as hell. “What are you saying?”

“You! You’re almost three hours late! How could you forget? We made the appointment just three days ago. Do you know these three hours I could have finished recording five of the songs Teddy hyung had written? And thanks to you, we did finish writing two songs and recorded the raws for another two. Which reminds me, Seungri, you stay late here today. Cancel whatever plans you have ahead that’s non-work related. You missed so much and we need you to record your parts.” He said, like a Morse-code, without any stopping but not really raising his voice.

He knew that he was being a jerk but he had to say something about it, and also to release his anger out on anyone he could hold onto.

“Yah, Kwon JiYong! What the hell do you think you are doing, ah? It’s not really her fault that she forgets. I made her stay at the studio with me for a prompt photo-shoot.” A voice said, suddenly appearing at the doorway of the studio.

“Oh, Jinu-hyung.” Jiyong said, head bowing a little in the direction of the older male. Then he turned to the latest victim for his tongue lashing. “Why didn’t you say anything, noona?”

“You didn’t give her any chance to, Kwon Leadah.” Youngbae blatantly said from the corner of Teddy’s luxurious ‘bed’, now inspecting the nervous maknae’s hand phone.

“Hyung! Don’t look into that fold—” Seungri said as soon as Youngbae was tapping his finger into one of the folders in the iPhone, pulled away by a curious Daesung and got mischievous glances from TOP and Teddy.

“ANOTHER COLLECTION OF YOUR WEIRD VIDEOS, SEUNGRI YAH?!” They all exclaimed, attention now the poor maknae.

This made them forget about Bommie momentarily. Only by a loud ringtone of Beyonce’s Love On Top did everyone looked back at her – in which Seungri felt relieved at and mouthed her a thank you.

At this time, an observant person noticed the slight prideful smirk on his group member’s face and another felt saddened internally about the choice of song, one sang along horribly out of tune, the other laughed at the cheesiness of the song’s double meaning. The two eldest men in the room looked around and understood that there was a web entangling them as the victim altogether but the funny thing is that they didn’t mind at all.

“Can I have a minute?” Bommie asked Jiyong in which he nodded. She went out of the room with a fading, “Yeobseyo? Hey, I was waiting for your call. Do you know…?”

Jiyong’s eyes trailed after the female figure out the door. His shoulder was shook a few times before he came back to reality. Looking over the same shoulder, Jinu was smiling at him in understanding. Wait… Jinu-hyung didn’t know about him and Bommie, right? He couldn’t possibly know… Right?

The blonde tilted his head askew at the older man, an inquiring look on his face. Jinu shrugged and leaned into him, whispering something that made him stood upright.

“I think Bommie is seeing someone. I saw someone dropped her off at the dorm when I was visiting Hyunsyuk-hyung’s youngest. Someone very male and now that I think about it, we all know who it is.” Jinu said in a very soft and low voice. “Even I didn’t know he came back from America. But I checked with our people over there, he did have some trips now and then back here and recently bought a condo, Jiyong. You know what that means, right?”

Jiyong felt light-headed all of the sudden. He knew about that rumor but why did it still send him into pure shock? He looked helplessly at TOP who now was expressing a concerned look back at him. The rapper rushed onto Jiyong’s side, along with the others who noticed the pale faced leader as he felt the loud thud his face made as it made contact with the floor.

He knows he looked weak like this but he couldn’t help but to cry silently as people kept on asking him if it hurt anywhere, if he was okay.

But, he was not okay.

He felt hurt everywhere on his body. In his heart, it was too much.

“Jiyong hyung! What do you need? Water? Vitamin Water? What?” Seungri’s and Daesung’s mingling frantic voices reached out to him.

I need Park Bom back in my life.

“Should I call an in house doctor?”

Only Park Bom can cure me out of this heartache.

“Get some blanket from the supplies closet outside. Wet towels as well if you can find some!” Jiyong heard Teddy ordered the dongsaengs.

I heard hustle and bustle from my surrounding but I just couldn’t give a about any of it.

Park Bom. I need to see Park Bom…

 

He looked at the doorway at an angel. Her beautiful face decorated with shock and the last thing he remembered was that she was reaching out her hand for him and everything went black.