Chapter 3: Acceptance

My Lady

 

Back to the present, looking at his wristwatch, it was almost fifty minutes of waiting before he saw a black van pulled up and out came a Goddess with her famous mouth-watering honey thighs. A dorky over-confident looking kid came out of the van right after her. Jiyong recognized him as the maknae of his own group. Lee Seunghyun. What the hell was that punk doing with his Bommie?

He saw them laughing and teasing each other until he lost sight of them entering the front doors. Finishing his second cig, stomping on the now useless , he took his lighter from the terrace and went back to the studio.

He was greeted by an excessive back hug from the maknae. He usually returned the gesture with the same enthusiasm but not tonight. The maknae has some explaining to do.

"You're late." He stated.

"Hyung, I was busy. I'm sorry." The maknae said. He then went down on all fours and kept on saying sorry.

“If you’re so busy, I’m definitely having a hard time to digest as to why you have spent your leisure time with Park Bom-yang…?”

“It’s not that, hyung. I-I was…” Seungri looked at the glaring leader and continued with a small mumbling voice. “I have a minor disagreement with my manager, so I ran away from the photo-studio...” At this point, everybody was alarmed, shouting all kinds of scolding and worry for the confident little singer.

“I know, I know it was stupid. I realized that and… I phoned the company to know if there was any van available for me to use and they told me Park Bom-noona was on the way to the HQ. So I called her and she told me by force that she will pick me up from the studio to the building.” He sighed. “She asked the driver to turn from our dorm back to the studio at Makpo and then back to the building.”

Jiyong scratched the back of his head, the headache reemerging. He just didn’t know what to do about the younger male anymore. Seungri was such a nuisance at times but he’s an adult now, let him learn from his mistakes. Feeling annoyed, he smacked Seungri’s head and asked him to go sit by Daesung which he went happily. Seungri’s happiness was short-lived as his other hyungs started to reprimand him for his reckless behavior and immature decision.

The makne’s defeat brought Jiyong smiling in satisfaction. Just looking at the maknae keeping his head down in loss made him chuckle a little because that little singer was usually so loud. It was nice to see that for once he just sat there taking in every reproach without making any sounds or talking back to his elders.

The whole time, there was this shy woman staying silent sitting next to Teddy and TOP. Jiyong saw the older woman exuding a certain kind of subtle iness just by sitting there, prim and proper, even.

As if knowing that Park Bom was his next target, TOP coolly put an arm on the top of Bommie’s chair as a defence. Teddy, who was covertly casting coveted glances at Bommie also seemed to have a sixth sense that Jiyong has moved on from Seungri to Park Bom, immediately started a conversation with his favourite singer of all times. All the while that she wasn’t aware of the big boys protecting her although he saw a little blush tinting her chubby cheeks.

So she liked one of the hyungs, huh? As much as it irritated him, he approved at her choice(s?). They would make the best boyfriend for her.

One of the men was a true bred hip-hop guy. He loves working with Park Bom, Park Bom loves working with him. He knows Park Bom through and through, from her musical talent to her eccentric personality. He talked about Park Bom all the time and not just of her upcoming solo album, but also about her in general. “Jiyong-ah. Do you know what Bommie did today?” he would start and Jiyong would just listen to the cute stories about her, while withholding the sting in his heart.

Jiyong was once to have that guy’s role but if he had to give Park Bom to anyone, it would be Teddy Park. The two of them looked wonderful together and in sync with each other so much that there was this one time Chaerin flipped out because of that. This was why she gets so competitive to get Teddy’s attention whenever Bommie is around.

For the other man, no other words to describe both of them. Perfect beauty was the one that came to mind. They were called the alien couple, the eight dimensional God and Goddess, Ken and Barbie, SpringTempo, TOPBOM and whatever more. Their weirdness just clicked together, it was funny to see them interact with each other.

What the fans didn’t know was that these two fight more with each other than they would with other people. The fights and silent treatments they gave to each other were usually a lot worse than Park Bom’s fights with Seungri or TOP’s fight with YoungBae. But Jiyong saw which direction TOP was headed to when he met the beautiful singer. He wasn’t sure how it came to be but has a feeling Jiyong himself was the cupid that brought their attention to each other.

Slightly hurt by the coincidence, he readied himself up to put up a thousand of tongue-lashings for the noona.

“Now… Park Bom-yang, what are we going to do with you?”