Chapter 5: I Am Loved

My Lady

 

Park Bom dating someone? As in right now? Ah… The call just now… Her voice was somewhat familiar. That was the tone that she usually lets out when they dated. When they were in love. When the only people that mattered was the two of them. So soft and full of love…

Why did the ‘eight years’ has to pass by so fast? Wasn’t the dating ban lifted just few days ago? No… It was lifted more than a three months ago. So Park Bom is happy with someone now, isn’t she? Has she finally moved on? Was he still stuck in the past?

“Jiyong ah… I think you’ve been working too hard this time. You’re scaring me.” He heard a murmured voice said from his side.

Damp cloth was dabbed gently on his face, an IV stuck at the back of his hand connected to a dripper hanging on its tall support. That was what he saw first as he opened his eyes, focusing on the shiny gleam off the dripper’s surface to force back the nausea he felt creeping up his throat.

“What time is it, hyung?” He asked groggily as he tried to sit upright only to be pushed back easily.

“It’s almost ten, we’re at the dorm, and you’ve been out of it for almost two days.” TOP said, annoyed.

Two days? Well, how did that happen? But it was a good two days’ worth of getting knocked out, right? He had been having beautiful dreams about Park Bom, or more like relieving memories of times spent with her. The memories of having her in his arms, secret whispers between the sheets.

“You haven’t been eating properly, Jiyong ah. That’s what the doctor said. And that you’ve been stressing a lot lately.” His childhood friend said as he entered the room with freshly cut fruits, slices of cheese, a basket of croissant and mugs of hot chocolate.

Daesung and Seungri trailed along, one looking lost and worried, and the other looked immensely relieved.

“Hyung! You’re awake! You’re awake!” Seungri hollered, jumping around the room.            

“Hyung, eat some breakfast. Here’s your favorite cheese and strawberry slices.”

Jiyong felt touched at the attention that his group members were giving him. He felt so blessed and grateful to them. After these years, they were never tired of putting up with his mood swings, his bad decisions. No matter what, they were always there with him, through thick and thin, tears and laughter. His best friends.

He nodded to Daesung and they happily fed their hyung with exaggerated helping on a tiny plate. TOP took some of them onto an extra plate, joining the breakfast. A few moments later, they were laughing like idiots again, teasing each other.

“How many days is the doctor giving me to recover?” Jiyong asked after he recovered.

“About two weeks after you woke up, hyung.” Daesung happily answered.

“Ah… That’s not good. I have to get back to work as soon as possible.” Jiyong said, groaning. He was worried that the album will not be finished in time.

“Just rest, Jiyong hyung-nim. Let us handle it.”

“Aniya… You know the last time you did that, seven of your songs came out like a whimpering dog with broken legs, right? And each got rejected after a few seconds into the songs by ssajangnim?”

The rest of them did not know whether to laugh or feel bad for little Seunghyun.

“Let me do it. I’ll come back tomorrow and pick up the slack from two days of resting.”

“No hyung! You have to rest.”

“Yah, the world waits for no one. I have to do it as soon as I feel okay tomorrow.”

SLAP!!

Jiyong and the rest were stunned. His left cheek felt a little numb and he prodded it to check if it really hurt as the sound suggested a few seconds ago.

“You bastard, do you know how many people are worrying over you? You better stop all this ‘I’m an island’ . You just stop and think for yourself for once Kwon Jiyong, you ungrateful bastard!” TOP exploded.

That stunned him even more. The rapper was never this violent. Second to Youngbae, he was the calmest person that he’s ever met in his entire life. Something must have happened during his marvelous dream-state.

There was a constant warning at the back of his head about this odd behavior and somehow he kept on pushing it aside.

“Yah, hyung. Give him a break. All his doings are for the good of the company and our future. You can’t blame him for that.”

“Seunghyun, you head. He almost died from malnutrition. That’s what you’re proud of?!” TOP exploded again.

I almost died?

“Tee-Oh-Pee. Calm down.” A very familiar voice said from the doorway. It was the President and he was not in one of his happy moods.

“Think about it Jiyong. Think about your loved ones. Or the ones that loves you.” Choi Seunghyun said, calmly this time.

It was as if he had something to tell Jiyong, inlaying a secret code or there’s something between the lines of what he said but he refrained because his eyes kept on darting to the president and their other group members. It must have been private and important.

Youngbae and Daesung pulled TOP out of the room and locked Seungri in with Jiyong and YG. The maknae look panicked at the situation but tried his best to remain silent so that YG wouldn’t start a round on him. Jiyong let out a laugh that sounded strangely like a strangled sound at the sight of his silly attempts and because he was feeling so confused with what he was feeling.

“Jiyong, you know I acknowledge your greatness on making powerful songs, and your genius producing skills. Every single body in Korea will agree with me.” The President started as he finished making himself comfortable on Jiyong’s study table. “But as hard as you’re trying to work for perfection, you’re still human too. You need to rest for the time being.”

Seungri was nodding along to the President’s every word. It was as if he was the on getting reprimanded. Jiyong stopped staring on the maknae and turned his attention to his boss. It was weird that he somehow felt like this has happened before and had a feeling where the conversation was headed.

He was right on the money when Yang Hyun Syuk asked, “Did you break up with someone, again? Is that why you’re so busy and unfocused about your wellbeing?”

At this bold question, he took a split second to steal a glance at the maknae. His eyes were almost popping out of their sockets.

Guess he had forgotten to tell the punk about his latest relationship progress.

“I did.” He answered simply. “But I think I’m in a bigger problem now, hyung.”

“Do you need my help?” YG asked in a half-joking manner.

“I can handle it. I’ll do it right this time.” He said, smiling in appreciation for the Boss.

Seungri who was in the room looked from left to right and back again at the two older males’ conversation.

Seungri scratched the back of his neck and asked himself, “What just happened?”

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Anneyong yeorobun~ Wah... I did not expect for you lovely people would wanted me to update the fanfic. I thank you for reading *bellybutton bow*, I thank you for the comments *bellybutton bow* and also I'd like to thank my beautiful subscribers, it means so much to me :) *bellybutton bow* I'm really an awkward person in real life, so bear with me if I do not reply to your comments or if I did not manage to meet any of your expectations. *90degree bow* Again, I thank you sincerely.

 

- Agrotera