Chapter 15: A Broken Celebration

My Lady

 

“Yeah babe, thank you.” She said sweetly. “I know, I know. I miss you too.”

Jiyong stared at the small blonde sitting in front of him in boredom. It’s been hours since the sentence, “I miss you” flew out from the woman’s lips. It was beginning to irritate the hell out of him.

He then kicked her slender legs gently in which she looked up and frowned at Jiyong.

“What is it?” She mouthed.                               

“You’re annoying me.” He replied with exaggerated movements from showing a jabbing motion towards the dancer, to pretending to choke with his tongue hanging out.

“Go away.” She said, turning her back to him.           

Jiyong grinned and then stood up from the comfortable chair. He stretched widely and cracked his knuckles. Back to work.

“Bye Lydz.” He said as he headed towards the floor’s lounge.

When he did not get any response from the woman, he turned to look at her and felt amused as she was too busy talking on her phone. He might as well not say anything at all.

Sighing at the invisible reaction he got from Lydia, he got out silently. His mind wandered around again as he walked to his studio. Stopping at different places, he greeted the trainees and dancers along the way, checking on their condition and progresses.

I wonder where Bom is…

It was weird as he has not met the woman around for about two months. He caught glimpses of the soft orange-blonde hair in the building but other than that, he really has not met the woman at all. It was starting to make him feel uneasy. In the back of his head, something scared him. Something big was waiting for him.

“Hey, Kwon Ji Yong!” A voice hollered at him. A familiar voice. “What up, my man?”

“Ah! Hyung! When did you get back?” He said, smiling widely at the man he hasn’t seen in a while.

“Just a few hours ago.” The man said cheerfully, flashing his set of charming dimples. “We’re looking for you.”

“We?”

“Yeah, the rest of us were looking for you. We want to have dinner together.”

“Dinner? But I’m just heading to my studio and I’m not really hungry at—”

As if on cue, his stomach started to growl.

“Well… That’s embarrassing.” He said in a deadpan.

They laughed out loud, Danny managed to persuade him (more like threatening) and went together to Jiyong’s studio to fetch his things.

“Who else is coming?” Jiyong asked as he locked the doors.

“Your boys, Seungri and Daesung can’t make it. But I think Seunghyun, Youngbae and Jinu hyung’s going to be there.” Danny said, smiling. “The girls, I think only Bommie and Dara’s available. Oh, and Boyoung noona too.”

Ah… This is a chance for him to meet with Lady Spring, right? But, should he anticipate anything from this meeting? How would he start?

Uh... Bom, you cool about getting back together? Cuz, you know, I’m no longer with Kiko. In fact, I’m only checking out the ladies’ best asset. Not really interested in them emotionally, just physically. Wait… Not that ual though. I mean, when I’m with you, I feel both the emotional and physical turn on. You okay with that? What? You want to be with me now?

“Okay Brain, what the .” He said as a loud smack landed on his forehead.

“What?” Danny asked as they went down using the stairs.

Feeling stupid, Jiyong grinned in embarrassment. He shook his head and continued to smile.

In a short time, surprisingly, walking with difficulty outside the YG building (fangirls were everywhere) they managed to get to the said restaurant safely. Jiyong and Danny greeted the owner and let themselves be led to their table. Warm smiles greeted them as they reached their destination.

Jiyong’s eyes were wild, looking for that one person. He totally did not expect that their table would be this large, he did not expect that more than just the said people were there to come down and eat dinner with them.

Did I miss something?

But that thought was pushed out from his mind as his eyes landed on a beautiful woman. Her hair blonder than the time he saw her last, messily tied in a bun on top of her head. Her v-line showing, skin made whiter by a thin layer of BB cream, carefully applied eyeliner and mascara and her plump lips were more wet than glossy.

Park Bom. Oh so beautiful, his Park Bom.

She smiled and waved at him. He beamed back with enthusiasm, going for the seat near her.

“Noona, you’re here?” He asked, standing behind the chair next to Bom.

“Of course I’m here. Where else would I be if I’m not here?” She said cutely, complaining.

“What?” Jiyong asked back, giving an equally surprised reaction.

“Hey man, I’m sitting here.” Danny said, smiling.

The man parked it there and turned to Bom. There was something the way he gave his attention to Bom that made him feel really uncomfortable. The way that Bom looked at Danny was different. Some sort of… affection like-look? But he was sure something was missing. He quickly prayed to God in his head to make his suspicions not true. Because if it turned out to be true, they are all ed. And not in a good way.

“You already arranged seats? What kind of dinner is this?” He asked, just to throw away the alien feeling away.

“A kind that was already planned beforehand.” A masculine voice interrupted the conversation.

Jiyong turned to the owner of the voice and felt stupid for not realising that Seunghyun was sitting next to Park Bom. Ah… The seating arrangements are freaking him out a little. His eyes going around the room once again and saw about four empty seats left.

It was then he noticed that Chaerin was there with Dara, Minji was engrossed in chatting with Youngdeuk, Seungri just arrived but only wagged his eyebrows at Jiyong as a greeting, quickly taking a seat near Youngbae and Dara.

It was not odd that they were sitting all over the place, that’s pretty normal. But why is it that weird tension surfaces whenever he wanted to sit wherever he wants?

Seriously, what the hell is going on?

“Ah! Sorry I’m late! I tried to make it as soon as possible!” The platinum blonde marched in and took his seat.

“What is this, Daesung ah? Danny hyung said you couldn’t make it?”

“I couldn’t at first, then I sneaked out to be here.”

“What? What dinner is this? Why are we here today?”

The room became more silent as the biggest figure in their company walked in. Everybody stood up and bowed to show respect, the man waved his hand and as a unit, everyone sits down.

“Hyung, what’s up?” Jiyong asked, as President Yang Hyunsyuk told him to take a seat, at the mid-section of the table, right in front of Danny, Park Bom and Seunghyun.

“Jiyong ah. You have been very busy preparing for your album too much. We’re a little worried. We don’t want you to overwork again. It’s tiring to see you go in and out of the Hospital.”

People at the table chuckled at the last sentence, making his face red with embarrassment and muttered a small, “Sorry.” That made everyone laughed out loud.

“But Ssajangnim, why are we here, tonight?”

All around the table was all smiles and shaking their heads. When the lights were switched off, they started singing. He understood it then.

How could I forget my own birthday?

Granted it was not really on his real birthdate, they were celebrating it with him early when everyone is still in Korea.

Everyone is going to be busy. Jiyong has postponed the release of his new album to next month since he still couldn’t decide what tracks to put on his album. Besides, he still feels like there was something missing for the album.

Really, everyone is going to be busy. They planned it before, right? Everybody agreed with great enthusiasm and a lot of encouragements were given in the company.

The girls will be out on their New Evolution tour, BIGBANG will be busy with Alive tour.

He won’t be able to see her.

. I’m going to ing miss her so much.

“Hey Jiyong, make a birthday wish! Come on!”

Jiyong looked at the crowd that he called his family, every one of them shining with anticipation, smiling until their eyes lost to resemble pairs of crescent moon, mouth grinning, lips stretching upwards.

The one in front of him was smiling the biggest… so beautiful.

He felt a tear slid down his cheek.

How can someone be so beautiful? He asked himself time and time again.

He cast his eyes to the big cake on the table when he saw something that made his tears fall a bit faster.

Two hands were joined, another two overlapped.

While the former were seemingly friendly, it was the latter’s subtle affection that broke his heart the most.

I wish to be with my beloved again. I wish to be with my beloved once more. I wish to be with my beloved forever. I wish my beloved to look only at me, to love only me, to feel only me, to be with only me.

He blew the candles, everybody clapped their hands in celebration.

His eyes met Park Bom’s, the sudden alert in her eyes made him look away.

What a broken celebration.

Park Bom and Danny Im.

Or.

Park Bom and him.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:

Hello, my beautiful readers! How are you? I hope you kids are doing well and happy :D It really has been that long since I updated, huh? Don’t worry, don’t worry. I will try my best to keep you guys feel satisfied with what has been running through my head lately. I hope you guys can enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them. We probably have more common interest than we’ll ever know.

Welcome to the new subscribers, and thank you for taking the time to read this fic, I’m deeply honoured. If you have new suggestions for the fic, all are welcome. Do you have characters that you want to show up more on this fic? Or do you think I should not have written the characters in the way I’m writing them now? Whatever you want to say or what you think, just let me know. Just be nice about it, that’s all I’m asking.

My patient subscribers, old and new, thank you for staying with this fic. 

Agrotera.