Chapter 8 : Childhooh Crush

From Otaku To Marriage

 

“Remember when I said that I was raised in Yokohama?” Raewook asked.

“Yeah. Why?”

“That was the place when I first met him.”

 

(10 years ago)

 

10-years-old Raewook climbed up the hill. She panted when finally she reached the peak of the hill. She glanced at the view from where she stood. How beautiful…

“Wow… As I expected, this place is so great! Maybe there’s some Cheagles who lived here!”

Even the young Raewook was an otaku.

Suddenly, there’s a small rustle behind her. She turned her body to saw it. There was a small boy there, looked as surprised as she was.

“Uh, sumimasen.” She mumbled. (Sumimasen = Excuse me)

The boy frowned, “What?” he asked in Korean.

‘Oh, so he’s a Korean…’ Raewook cleared , “Sorry. I thought that you were Japanese.”

“Ah,” the boy smiled, “So you could speak mine too!”

Raewook felt sudden excitement when she saw his smile. She knew that it wasn’t a normal feeling. It was the first time she felt this. It was like….many butterflies were flying in her stomach. It was…crush? Like? Love?

“I’m Raewook, by the way. But people around me often call me by ‘Rae-chan’. What are you doing here, and what’s your name?” Raewook smiled.

“Ah, I was in a holiday. Once a month, I always spend a week here. My friends here call me as ‘Yasu-chan’, anyway.” The boy named Yasu-chan smiled.

“Yasu-chan, eh? So you always spend a week here every month.” Raewook felt extremely happy when she knew that she can meet with the boy again later.

“Yeah,” Yasu-chan grinned, “Usually I felt bored. But now I met you. I felt happy and can’t wait to spend a week here. I would even ask for a month, only to play with you. I wouldn’t mind.” He said cheerily.

Raewook’s eyes widened, “Seriously?! Wow! I can’t wait! I’m so happy that I could play with you, Yasu-chan!”

“Yeah, me too, Rae-chan!”

“So, what will we do?”

“Um… Hide and seek?”

“Yeah! That sounds nice when it came from your mouth!”

They played together for a long time.

Every month, of course Raewook waited for that boy. But one day, the boy held her hands. “Yasu-chan? What’s wrong?” Raewook asked with concern in her tone.

“I’m….sorry. After this, I can’t go here any longer.” Yasu-chan said with a sad tone.

“B-but why?!”

“Eomma said that I must focus on my school.”

Raewook sighed, “Well, surely we will meet again.” She said with a bitter smile.

“I’m sorry, Rae-chan.” Yasu-chan turned his head down, “I swear, I will make you be my bride sometime!” he swore.

“E-eh?!”

“Rae-chan, will you be my bride?”

Raewook blushed, “Y-yeah…”

“Well then, search me. I will study at Cube University in Seoul. I’ll definitely wait for you!” he smiled brightly.

“..yes.” Raewook smiled, “Yes. I’ll search for you.”

 

Back to the present

 

“So, that’s the story. And the reason why I studied here.” Raewook flustered a lot. She surprised when she saw a gloomy look at Yoseob’s face.

“Oh, don’t be jealous, oppa. That was an innocent promise between two children who didn’t know anything!” Raewook panicked.

“No… It’s not that…” Yoseob mumbled.

“Eh? Then what is it?”

“…..actually,” Yoseob coughed, “Back then I was 12 years old, I used to spend a week in Yokohama. One day, I met a girl. But not for a long time. The last day I play with her, I promised her something.  That I’ll marry her sometime in the future. I told her to search me in Seoul.”

Raewook shocked. “You can’t mean…”

Yoseob blushed, “And back then… I was nicknamed ‘Yasu-chan’…”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SURPRISE, RAEWOOK~~~~

Anyways, short chapter, nee? Well, I guess no need to write a long chapter for explaining Raewook's past. I want this story to be a little....hanging?

Besides, we know that Raewook is Yoseob's one and only. (in this story, at least)

Do comments and subscribe! .___.