Chapter 4 : Promise and Pact

From Otaku To Marriage

 

Raewook glared at him, “What the hell did you mean by ‘only in one condition’?” she asked with a deathly tone.

Yoseob sighed, he already expected this.

Tried to be calm, he glanced at those pair of cerulean eyes. “You see,” he started.

“In this world,” ‘WEIRD WORLD.’ “There are two kinds of keeping-words things. Promise, and pact. Promise, in which it’s not really troublesome if you break it. And pact, which is absolutely dangerous if you think to break it.” he explained.

Raewook stared at him, completely lost in his words.”And what was that had to do with my secret?” she asked.

“Well, you see. I’m in a middle of worst condition ever. My eomma told me to marry with a girl, but I don’t want it since both of us weren’t completely close AND she likes somebody else. Eomma said I could reject that proposal, only if I have a girlfriend. Or better yet, fiancé.” Yoseob swore that he’s blushing right now.

“Wow, wait just a sec.” Raewook suddenly seemed excited, “Did you seriously, SERIOUSLY, just said that your eomma told you to marry with a girl, but she does like somebody else?! Oh my God! This is such like a shoujo-manga kind of story! I can’t believe it!” she yelled, much with happiness.

‘Ah, yeah. She likes those sort things like comics or whatever it is.’ Yoseob sweatdropped. The moment was completely ruined.

“But….” Raewook stared at him. “….what was all of this had to do with me?”

“You remember about your secret hobby as a fan of those comics and animations?”

“Firstly, they are mangas and animes. Second, it’s not ‘fan’, it’s called ‘otaku’. And third, yes, of course I remember, .”

Yoseob decided to ignore her reply. “Well, I promise to keep that as my secret as well. But, there’s pact I wanted you to agree.”

“….and what is that?”

“Become my fiancé.”

Raewook’s eyes were wider than an owl’s eyes.

Yoseob’s POV

To be honest, I was expecting her to yell right in front of my face, about how she will rip my limbs off and make a painting from my blood.

And yeah, I was also expecting her to be shocked and tell me to not to kidding with her. In which to be honest, I didn’t.

I was expecting her to reject that proposal.

What I wasn’t expecting was she stunned at where she stood. Her face showed a shocked look. But the most unexpected part about it…

She nodded.

It was just a slight, barely visible to notice clearly. Just a simple, light nod.

But of course, my heart beat stopped for a moment before beating very fast. Faster than a cheetah, I swear.

“What?!” I shouted, “I think you’re going to yell at me, saying that you will never going to be my fiancé!”

She flustered. A lot.”Don’t be a narcist bastard, wanker!” she constantly yelled, but of course it was more seemed like a pot. A cuuuute pout. And the fact that her face was all red.

My heart really went ‘kyuuuuuun’.

“I…. I didn’t! I was just shocked by the fact that you’re agreeing to be my (fake) fiancé!” I said. I’m trying to be calm but it’s almost impossible. There were just the two of us. In awkward silence, After she nodded to my proposal.

“Listen to my explanation, bastard.” she murmured, but that beautiful shade of scarlet still appeared on her face.

“I’m listening.” I replied nervously.

“I would do anything to keep my secret from another people, even if that means I must fell off from this rooftop OR marrying you.” she explained VERY nervously.

“…..”

“…..since you promised that you will keep a sush about my secret, the, yes. I’m marrying you.”

I swore, both of us were as red as tomatoes. To think that now both of us are (fake) lovers. But I guess that’s okay. I don’t need to marry that Jiyoon my eomma keeps telling me about.

And…well… I kinda like Raewook since our first meeting. Yes, it was years ago. In our first year here. She’s cute and unexpectedly strong. She was after a thug (that poor thug stole her wallet and ended up in a hospital for three weeks. THREE WEEKS) and I stumbled upon her (I didn’t do it on purpose, I swear). She looked a bit upset but helped me to stand up before continuing to chase that thug. You know what happened next, aren’t you.

And to think I’m going to marry my crush for about 3 years…

“….why I felt suddenly excited….” I muttered.

“W-what?” she tried to send me a glare, but it’s completely failed. She now turned her head down shyly. Tried to hide that blushes. I smiled slightly and patted her head.

“What are you doing? D-don’t touch me!” she stuttered. How cute. And she’s mine now~

“Could you just shut up for a while? I’m happy right now.” I said with a warm smile.

She looked surprised and blushed even more, and immediately turned her face away.

“This is just a fake plan. Don’t think that I love you.” she mumbled.

I laughed quietly. Yet, it was a bitter laugh.”Of course not. With this I’m not going to marry that girl.” I said.

She huffed, “How come my life turned like this?”

“My eomma told me to marry a girl. And absolutely I don’t want that. But since I’ve found out that you’re quite interesting, so I choose you.” I explained flatly. But most of it was true.

“I know that, silly.”

“Then why did you ask?”

“…..forget that I even ask.”

-------------------------------------------------

CONGRATS, RAEWOOK, YOU ALREADY ENGANGED.

Ok, guys, do comments and subscribe. ._____.