Chapter 7 : O-miai

From Otaku To Marriage

 

Raewook was eating her lunch peacefully. No tasks, no classes, and no Yoseob.

Perfect.

DRAP! DRAP! DRAP!

“RAEWOOK~~~~!”

“…..and today was supposed to be a peaceful, Yoseob-oppa-free day.” Raewook sighed and glanced at a man who had just running to her.

“Raewook, this is urgent! Please pleaseplease, follow me!”

“What?” Raewook glared at Yoseob, “Now you become a kidnapper?”

“Of course not!”Yoseob panted (because he was running for almost 50 feets), “There’s something urgent, and I need you to follow me!”

“Where to?”

“My parents’ house.”

 

Yoseob’s parents’ house

 

“What the hell is going on, oppa?” Raewook whispered.

“Just keep silent.” Yoseob replied.

They were gathering with Junhyung, Jiyoon, Jiyoon’s father, and of course Yoseob’s father. And Raewook, honestly, didn’t get a clue of what was happening.

“So… you guys are dating?” asked Mr. Yang, Yoseob’s father.

“Yes. I’m dating her.” Said Yoseob, held Raewook’s hand.

Raewook frowned. ‘Huh? Why did the atmosphere…suddenly become so thick?’

“How about you, Jiyoon?”

“Sir, we’re no—“

“Appa, we are dating. Officially dating. Any problem with it?” said Jiyoon.

“You know that both of you are going to be in Arranged Marriage?”

“Yes.” Yoseob answered.

‘As I expected.’ Raewook thought.

Jiyoon just stared at her father with confused look. “What marriage? I don’t know.”

‘Eh? So she didn’t know?’ Raewook thought confusedly.

“I think we can’t continue this one.”

“I guess so.” Said Mr. Yang. “I guess her fate is that guy or… Doojoon.”

“Excuse me.” Said Mr. Yoon. “I’m sorry if we are late.”

“No problem. Doojoon, sit down beside your friends.” Said Mr. Jeon.

Mr. Yoon look at his wife. “Yeobo, I think it’s better if you join Mrs. Jeon and Mrs. Yang.”

“Where are they?”

“Garden.” said Mr. Jeon.

Doojoon sat on an empty seat beside Jiyoon. He whispered something to Jiyoon’s ear. Raewook suddenly felt that the atmosphere was much, much scarier now.

Mr. Jeon made a cough. “As you can see. Now, we’re gathering to talk about the marriage.” Said mr.Jeon. “In the beginning, We, myself and Mr. Yang were about to set a marriage for Yoseob and Jiyoon. But, since Yoseob already proposed to his love, we cancel it.”

‘Yeah. And nobody knows about that was a fake proposal.’ Raewook snorted quietly.

“Yes. So Yoseob, you’re going to marry your fiancé and take the company.” Said Mr. yang.

“Even if Jiyoon, Doojoon, and Yoseob just knew each other since High school, three of us already promised each other before we were going to married.” Said Mr. Yoon.“That someday, our children need to marry each other. And yeah, Jiyoon, you need to marry one of them.”

“W-what?Appa, Yoon Ahjussi, are you serious?” said Jiyoon.

“We’re serious, Jiyoon-ah. And you don’t have any choice, Doojoon too.” Mr. Jeon answered.

“I.. I can’t take it, I can’t do it.” Said Doojoon. “Even I knew Jiyoon, and we were best friend since diapers, I won’t marry her.”

“Ehm.Oppa?” Raewook whispered.

“Yeah?”

“Can we go outside?”

“……I guess no.”

Raewook sighed. This will be a long day.

 

At the garden

 

“Raewook,” Yoseob sat right next to Raewook, “Did you…feel angry because you will marry me?”

Raewook glanced at Yoseob. Well, that’s not completely true. Of course she felt upset when she was told to marry with someone she didn’t like. Err..not that she dislikes Yoseob... But…

“…no. Not at all.” She answered truthfully.

“But you do have someone you like, right?”

Raewook blushed slightly, “T-THAT’S NOT YOUR BUSSINESS!”

“Of course that is. You are my fiancé.” Yoseob said innocently.

“Why, you.” Raewook glared at him before sighed deeply. “Yeah. In fact, there’s someone I have a crush on.”

“Really?” Yoseob felt both excited and jealous at the same time, “May I know who is he?”

Raewook silent for a while before nodded. “…my childhood crush.”

----------------

RAEWOOK, YOU HAD A CRUSH?!

(oh probably just with Luke fon Fabre or Alibaba Saluja)

Readers, I did feel so happy right now. My beloved parents bought me a new laptop since my old one was.....dying. ;;u;;

I named my new one ‘Yoseob’ by the way.

Oh, right. O-miai is a Japanese term for ‘first meeting with your arranged fiancé’, I chose this as the title even though it’s not the first time Yoseob met Raewook, nor he met Jiyoon.

Well, do comments and subscribe anyone! :3