Promises - New Years Eve

Through the holidays with Kevin Woo

The week after Christams was very busy for both you, New Years was right around the corner, but you were busy have study dates with your gal pals and the boys were busy with schedules. Kevin even warned that you may not see him because they would be late getting in most nights and he knew you were busy studying for exams since finals were right around the corner. He would text you when he had a free minutes always spreading a smile to your face. 

It was the Thursday before New Years you and you and the girls were studying.

"Oh my gosh, keep tapping your pencil against your book like that KC and I will hit you with a turtle" Jess said.

"Sorry it helps me think" KC said.

"Maybe we should take a break, we've been at this for over four hours now" Jen said. 

"I agree, but we've worn out the UNO cards" you said. "They've been really destroyed and ripped" you pouted. "We will have to get a new deck" you finished.

You're phone buzzed with a text message.

"Are you busy jagiya?"  

"We are thinking about taking a break. Why what's up?"

"We got done a bit early today and we were wondering if you'd like us to come over"

"Yes please, and bring pizza and soda. hehehe. The girls over, studying is a pain :("

"Okay pizza, soda and UKiss are on their way kekeke"

"So what's Kevin up to tonight" KC asked in a teasing voice.

"Huh? Oh.. How did you know it was Kevin?" you asked blushing.

"That smile on your face genius" KC replied back sticking her tongue out at you.

"Oh" you giggled. "And they maybe bringing us pizza and soda and pay us a visit" you said.

"Alright" Jess said. "Its been a few days since I've seen Eli"

"I agree, I can't wait to see Kiseop" Jen smiled.

"I need to see my namja, he's the only one that helps me understand school work"

"I'm going to get plates and glasses why don't you clear off the books" you told the girls.

"Only if I can toss them out the window" Jess said and you laughed out loud.

"Oh my gosh, you're even starting to laugh like him" KC said. 

"I am not, I've always laughed like this" You teased your friend.

"Sure" Jen said shaking her head."

"Stop judging me" you teased. You grabbed plates from the cabinet and put them on the table. You were grabbing glasses when the door opened. "Who ordered a pizza, a soda and a side of UKiss?" asked AJ.

"That would be me" you said smiling at your friends. Kevin came over and hugged you spinning you around. "I've missed seeing you" he said kissing your lips softly. "I missed you too" you said blushing. "Thank you for bringing food and company we were going stir crazy." you told him staying in his embrace.

"Well we're here now and we have food" he said nipping at your nose making you giggle. "Shall we go eat then?" you asked. He nodded and helped you bring the glasses out.

"What kind of pizza did you get?" KC asked. "I think you should of brought us KFC" she said. "No that's study food" she nodded.

Jen giggled. "You and KFC"

"It's the best though" KC said.

"We got cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza and a sausage pizza" Eli said.

"Yay, sausage, that's my favorite, I love sausage" You said. Eli laughed. "I'm not even going there" He said. You glared at him and Kevin just looked confused. "Don't you worry about it, I'm sure Eli will tell you later" You said shaking your heard. "ert" you called to Eli.

"My boyfriend is not a ert okay" Jess said. 

"Thank you baby" he said kissing her softly.

Kiseop helped Jen get the pizza box open and grab her slices. "Thank you, Lord knows I'd of dropped the pizza on myself making a bad mess" Kiseop giggled. "Its okay, it's why I'm here, we can't have you getting dirty" he said.

KC was pouring herself some soda when AJ came over. "So what do you need help with tonight?" he asked

"Right now I don't want to think of studying" KC growled. 

"Watch it tiger" he teased kissing her lips softly. "Lets just go play a game and relax" She smiled and nodded. 

"We could always watch a movie instead, I mean we have pizza and soda?" Dongho said.

"Sure pick a movie then" you said moving to the recliner chair where Kevin was. You squeezed in beside him to share the chair with him and he smiled.

The rest of the night was movies and laughter. It was the best night in a while. You fell asleep with your head on Kevin's shoulder.

--------

A few days later it was New Years and you and the girls were to meet the boys at their performance to ring in the New Year. Everyone was excited. You got their earlier than usual. They security led you backstage to where the boys were getting ready.

"Hey guys" you said. They waved and nodded. They seemed really nervous.

"Why so nervous guys?" you asked. "Kevin sprained his ankle today during practice, he says he can dance, but its really shaky" Soohyun said.

"Where is he?" you asked. "I'm over here jagiya" he said. He had his foot up and ice pack on it" You leaned down and kissed his softly. "Are you okay?" you asked him softly.

He nodded. "I"m okay, I just got stupid today and I landed on my ankle wrong" he said. "It hurts, but It's just sprained" he said. "We have to do a few of our harder dances tonight" he pouted. "I can't believe I did this" he said looking angry.

You kissed him softly. "Listen accidents happen" you said to him. "We know it wasn't on purpose" you told him. "Here let me see it you" you said removing the ice pack. It was a bit swollen but that was all it looked. "No discoloration" you said. You began looking through your purse that had just about everything in and you found what you were looking for. "Here we will wrap it, it should work for the performance if you promise to behave afterwards and that means resting with it up" you said.

"I promise I'll listen to everything you say afterwards" he said smiling. "You're so prepared." he said. 

"I have to be I have a pop star for my boyfriend" you said winking at him which made him smile.

"Oh My Gosh, stop flirting and wrap the mans foot they have a show to do" Jess said.

"Yes ma'am" you told her giggling. 

-----

They performance was wonderful. For a lame ankle Kevin did amazing and was a pro at showing that he wasn't in pain. You smiled that was your boyfriend, he was a professional when it came to giving the crowd a smile and a great show even if something was wrong.

"I'm so proud of him" you told the others. "He'll want you to nurse him afterwards, you were telling him earlier to take it easy" Jen said.

"He will totally want you to baby him" KC said. "Don't do it though, make him do it" she said.

You pouted. "He has a hurt ankle, I'm not going to let him walk on that much" you said. "He needs to rest it" you nodded.

"Make sure he listens to you" Jen said. "They probably have more to tomorrow" she said.

"They probably do, I'll just have him wrap it if he's going to be doing any dancing." you told them. "He will listen to me or.. I'll think of something" you told them.

After the show ended and the clock was close to midnight the guys motioned you to come join them so you headed out to them. "Ready to ring in the new year with me?" Kevin asked.

"I am" you smiled looking up into his beautiful eyes. "Come here" he said pulling you a bit off stage. "Listen I know this .. is going to seem sudden, but I've been thinking" he said running his fingers through his hair looking even more nervous. "I talked to Eli about this and he thinks I'm a bit crazy, it sounded better explaining it to him." he said. You could hear the crowd getting crazier as it was now 3 minutes until the New Year.

"Kevin.. just spit it out okay" You put your hands on his face and had him face you. He smiled at you and nodded. "Listen. I know I messed up recently, but I love you so much, and last week when you were with your friends they were talking about waiting marriage for well you know" he blushed.. So innocent he was. "Kevin.. what are you getting at" he took a deep breathe and let it out. He pulled a small velvet box out of his pocked. It was now two minutes until New Years

You saw the box and freaked out a bit. "Kevin.. we.. aren't ready for this" You said. "We have so much growing yet to do" you said.

"I know" he said, Tthis is something else" he said blushing. He opened the box to reveal a ring with a heart and a key through it. "It's a promise ring" he said. "It says that eventually we will get married and that you are mine, and to promise to stay pure for each other" he said tearing up a bit. as he placed the ring on your left ring finger. You were so shocked seeing the ring on your finger. "Oh.. Kevin" you said looking up at him tears filling your eyes.. "I just.. I don't.." you looked up at him smiling. "I love you, thank you" you smiled. You were shocked, but you loved him and something felt right about it. "It's so pretty" you said. It was simple and silver but it was beautiful and was filled with so much meaning.

"5, 4, 3, 2 ,1" the crowd cheered. "HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

Kevin leaned down and gave you the softest kiss, so gently so pure. It made your heart race. You kissed him back softly. "Happy New Year Kevin" you smiled up at him. "Happy New Year Jagiya" he smiled back at you.

"Okay, something serious happened here" KC said as she saw you and Kevin just looking at each other like there was no one else around.

"HOLY MOLY where did that ring come from" Jen asked looking at your finger.

"WHAT" just about everyone else said.

"I can't believe you actually did it" Eli said shaking his head.

"I love her Eli, now we are promised to each other. It isn't engagement right, its a promise of one later when we get to that level." Kevin said looking at you smiling.

"I'm telling you now if I get that other ring anytime soon I will tell you no" You said. "Eventually yes, just right now." You smiled. "But I accept this right gladly" you smiled. looking at it. You were so giddy you couldn't believe he was even thinking about anything like this.

"Are you guys doing things tomorrow" Jen asked as she was Kiseops sideways embrace.

"Yeah tomorrow we need to start getting ready to leave for Japan for next album and string of concerts" Soohyun said. "That's next week" Kevin said sadly. "When you get the time you will have to come see us, we are going to be there for a few months" he pouted. You looked at him sadly. I'm going to miss you" you said. 

"You still have me for a week" he smiled. "Then it will be Skype, texts, and phone calls every night. We can do this" he said holding your face and looking into your eyes, which started to water again. "I just hate being away from you" you told him.

"I hate being away from you too" he said. "You know that" he nodded. You agreed. "Then when you're not busy this week we should get together" you smiled. 

"I promise we will, it maybe late your sleep won't suffer right?" he asked. 

"No" you told. "Finals are next week them I'm done for a bit" you told him. "Then I just have my job" you smiled.

"You make the best bubble tea in that place" he said. "Thank you" you winked at him. "So yes, come over anytime this week" you smiled. "Tomorrow I'm making a true American meal so you best come over and get some" you told him.

"I'll be there" he said.

That night everyone ended at your place for ice cream and a big game of Monopoly, which KC ended up wining because she was ruthless and ended up getting hotels on Boardwalk and Park Place. No one knew how she got AJ to trade her Boardwalk but he did..

"Well its really late and we have a few places to stop by tomorrow we will be at your place around six okay?" Kevin asked.

"Okay, take it easy on your ankle okay, wrap it if you're going to be dancing okay?" you said and he nodded.  "I promise" he said bringing your left hand to his lips and kissing the ring on your finger. "I love having this on you" he said. "Now everyone will know you are taken" he giggled.

You shivered as he kissed your finger. The words he spoke made  you nervous, but deep inside you felt ready. "I love you much Kevin"

"I love you too" he said kissing you softly again.

"THIS IS TO CHEESY" KC yelled. "Someone give a good zombie movie" she said. "Anything is better than this cheese" she shook her head. 

"Let me walk you home and we can both get away from this cheese." AJ said. With that they were gone. Kiseop left to take Jen home as well did Eli leave to take Jess home. You told the girls you'd see them tomorrow. "Now you guys get him into bed and make sure he takes care of that ankle okay?"

Hoon picked Kevin up bridal style causing Kevin to laugh. "Okay that's new" you said.

"We'll take care of him." Soohyun said.

With that it was just you and your apartment and it was bed time.

The End - New Years Eve