In Sickness & In Health - One Year Anniversary

Through the holidays with Kevin Woo

 

You were getting ready for work when your door shot open and there was Eli with a face mask and a very, what looked like sick, Kevin in his arms. You put your bags down and ran over to them. "What's wrong" you asked very worried.

"Where can I put him? We can't sick" Eli asked he looked worried about his friend.

"Here put him on my bed" you said leading the way to your room, thankfully your room was clean. You watched Eli lay him down, once Eli was out of the way you were by his side. You touched his forehead. "He's burning up" you said. "You're going to have to bring over extra clothing for him" you said. "He will be sweating and when I say so you will have to come and help him shower" you told Eli he nodded and left.

Kevin turned to look at you. "I feel horrible" he said. His hair was matted to his face with sweat, he looked flushed and he looked miserable.

"My poor baby" you pouted. "I'll take care of you" you smiled at him kissing his sweaty forehead. "You just stay and rest" you handed him your tv remote and pulling the covers over him. "I'll be right back okay?" you told him softly it was hurting you to see him feeling so bad.

"Don't be to long jagiya" he said sadly. "I just want to be with you." he looked at you with his puppy dog eyes.

"I promise I won't be long, I need to call work and tell them I won't be in" you said. "Then I'm calling your mom, see if she has any recipes that you like while your sick" she said. You went to your medicine cabniet in the bathroom first. You took out two cold pills and went to get a glass of water. "Here" you said gently lifting his head. "Open your mouth baby" you said softly.

"I'm not a baby" he pouted.

"I didn't mean it that way" you told him softly. "Hun, please open your mouth" he nodded. It hurt you to see him so pitiful. He opened his mouth and you dropped the pills in and then brought the water to his lips. "Drink and swallow" you said softly. He listened even if he didn't look like he wanted to.

"Thank you jagiya" he said softly. You carefully put his head back down. "Find something to watch, I promise I'm not going anywhere, I'll be right back" he nodded gently turning his head to the side and putting on the tv. He looked horrible you knew you'd be taking care of for the next few days and you wouldn't want to be doing anything else, even if your one year anniversary was tomorrow.

You went out to the living room to call your job and said something came up and you needed the next few days off. They said it would be okay since business was a little slow at the moment. You thanked them and hung up.

You were about to call his mom when you heard Kevin calling your name. You went to the room where he was trying to get up. "What are you doing?" you asked him softly.

"I.. I um.. need to use the little boys room" he said blushing. You blushed. "Do you want me to go get Eli or Kiseop?" you asked him.

"No, just help me walk and when I'm done I'll yell for you" he said. 'Okay" you helped him lean on you and helped him walk softly to the bathroom. Once he was you stepped away to the kitchen to make him some hot tea. You chose a mint tea in case his stomach was upset and he wasn't telling you. You put the water on to boil. A few minutes later he yelled for you and helped him walk back to bed and helped him lay down carefully and covered him back up. "I'm making you some hot tea and then I promise I'll be right back okay?" you asked him softly. He nodded sadly. "Please don't take to long" he said. "I promise" you smiled kissing his forehead.

While you waited for the water to boil you dialed his sister.

"What's up ____" she greeted.

"Not, much, but" you started. "Your brother is very sick is there anything he likes to eat when he's sick?" you asked.

"Oh the poor kid, he's lucky he has you to baby him" she said. You smirked. "I love taking care of him" you said softly. "So food?" you asked her.

"Yes, well" she thought for a bit. "Kimchi stew" she said. 

"Wouldn't the spice be hard on his stomach?" you asked her.

"No, it should help with his sinus's though" she giggled. "It will help that way, and if not there is always chicken soup" she said.

"Okay, thank you Deanna" you smiled and hung up. That's when you realized you had no food to make any kind of soups. That's when you texted to Eli

Eli can you please go get me some ingredients so I can make Kevin some soup?" 

Sure _____ what do you need?

Chicken, kimchi, rice, carrots, celery and onion

Okay I'll be there soon with food and I'll even help you cook while you sit in the room with him

Thanks Eli :)

Then you walked into the room to see a very much sleeping Kevin. You sat in the chair by the bed holding his hand while he slept. It was creepy just being in there watching him sleep, but he was just so beautiful to look at. 

-----

You were awake when you started feeling your hand being touched. "You fell asleep too?" Kevin asked.

"I must of" you giggled. "I'm sorry did you just wake up?" you asked.

He nodded "A few minutes ago" he said. "I smelled kimchi" he said.

"I do too, funny though I didn't cook anything, yet" you said confused.

"No, I did" Eli said. 

"And we helped" your friends said smiling.

"Hey guys, thanks." you smiled at them.

"How you feeling man?" Eli asked Kevin.

"Still the same, I feel gross though" he said pouting and it made you feel bad. "Eli why don't you help him shower and change and I'll finish the soup with everyone." you said. Eli nodded and got Kevin out of bed and grabbed some clothes for him and took him to the bathroom to help Kevin shower and change.

"So your poor baby is sick?" Jen asked.

"Yeah he's just miserable, I hate seeing him this sick, usually its a little sniffle, but this.. this hurts to watch him go through" you said sadly.

"Well you know what they say, in sickness and in health" Jess said.

"Jessica they're not married" KC said shaking her head.

"No, she is somewhat right though" you told your friends. "If he's sick I'm going to help him." you smiled at them. "As a girlfriend that is my job" 

They nodded at you as you stirred the soup. "So what flavor soup did Eli make?" you asked.

"Chicken Kimchi Stew" Jess said. "It smells amazing" 

"That it does" you said taking a soup and trying a bite. It had just enough kick yet was nice going down. "Yeah, Sunghyun will like this" you smiled. "I'm glad Eli can help, I wanted to cook but I fell asleep watching him sleep" you told them.

"Creeper" KC said. "No one watches another person sleep" 

"Unless your a vampire in highly over-rated book series" Jess said, making you laugh.

You got some bowls out and found your bed table and took that in. That's when it hit you. "I'm going to change the bedding" you told your friends keep watch out here." they  nodded. "I'll help you Jen said. "Just be careful, I don't want you guys getting sick too" you smiled.

"If we do we can just quarantine ourselves here" Jess said.

"I can't get sick I have a huge test this week" KC said.

"It's fine" you told them. You and Jen went in and stripped the bed and sprayed some Lysol over the mattress and in the room. You opened your window slightly to let some fresh air in. You changed the bedding and replaced the pillowcases with new ones. "There we go, nice and fresh" you smiled.  Eli came out with a fresh, clean, and changed Kevin and laid him back down.

"Thanks Eli" Kevin said softly. 

"Of course what are friends for?" he asked. Kevin smiled and you put the covers back over him. "Time for soup" you told him. You put the little bed table over his lap and sat him up putting the pillows behind his back. "Jagiya, thank you, I don't know what I'd do without you" he said.

"You would be at your moms having her baby you" Eli teased. Kevin laughed. "Probably she and my sister love to take care of me" he said.

"Well you have us and I like taking care of you too" you smiled at him and his eyes started to tear up. "I'm glad I have you too" he said.

You brought him in some soup and rice and another glass of iced green tea. "Thank you" he said giving you the puppy eyes. 

"Oh we are going to play this game?" you asked him. He smirked and nodded his head. "You must be feeling better" you teased as he coughed a bit. "No" he said sticking his tongue out. "I'm still sick" he said pathetically. You picked up the spoon and put some soup on it and brought it to his lips. "Open up, say Ahhh~" you told him opening his mouth. He giggled and opened his mouth.

"Oh My Gosh" KC said. "Kevin just eat stop being a baby just because you know _____ will take care of you"

"KC, stop picking on him when he's sick" you . "I don't mind taking care of him" you said giving him another spoon of soup.

"This is good soup Eli" Kevin said. "Thank you"

"Sure man, you're welcome, I have to get back to the dorm" he said. "Soohyun didn't want me to stay to long he doesn't want all of us down at once" he said.

Kevin nodded. "I understand, thanks again man for you help" he smiled at Eli as Eli left. Jess walked out with him.

You continued to feed Kevin until he ate everything you gave him.

"_____ are we still getting together to make cookies and cupcakes?" Jen asked.

"Sure we can it will be fun, I know I have plans in the evening but I'll get out the green food coloring" you told them.

"I would pick our one year anniversary to get sick on" Kevin sighed. "Don't worry about it, love" you said running your hand through his hair. "I am helping them the church youth group is having a game night and I told them we'd make it fun and I'd help them make shamrock cookies and green cupcakes" you told him. "Tomorrow I'll make you a nice dinner and we can eat right here" you told him. "We will have the best anniversary ever together, because that is what matters"

"You are so good to me jagiya" he said tears slipping down his face. He was so sick his emotions were getting the best of him.

"I'm sorry I teased you Kevin, you really are sick" she said.

"Its okay KC" he said. "Thank you though" he smiled at her.

"You are staying here tonight though, in this bed" you told Kevin as you started to clean up. 

"Oh no baby girl, Rebuke that idea" KC said. "Unless you are sleeping on the couch" she said.

"Of course" you told your worried friend. "I just want to make sure he gets rest so I'm having him sleep here tonight" you told them.

"I'll behave" Kevin pouted. "You can sleep on top of the covers and I'll sleep under" You looked  to him with an arched eyebrow "I'd believe if you weren't sick, but you are sick and I know how crazy emotions can get" you told him.

He pouted. "I understand" he said as he turned the tv on. "Thank you" you smiled at him. 

-----

The next day when your friends came over Kevin was still sleeping.

"We just have to keep it down a bit because Kevin's still sleeping" you told your friends.

"Did you sleep on the couch" KC asked. "For the most part yes, I went to check on him in the night and to kiss his forehead" you blushed. He grabbed my arm though and wouldn't let go so I pulled my chair over and let him hold my hand as I fell asleep in the chair."

"Awww" Jen said.

"I just couldn't yank my hand away, I didn't have the heart" you told them. "When he let go to turn over I pulled away and started getting ready" you told your friends.

"You are like the best girlfriend ever" Jess said. "Eli called me today to say he thought he was catching what Kevin had" she said. "I said he should come over heat up some soup"

"Silly Jess" you said. "It wouldn't hurt for you to go over there with a bowl of it to feed him" you told her. "We can work on this while you take care of him a bit" 

"Thanks" she said smiling filling up a bowl with some left over soup. 

"That soup bowl better be for me" Eli said coming through the door. "I totally have whatever it is Kevin has" he said looking miserable. "You boys really need to rest more" you told Eli who nodded. You went into the bedroom where Kevin was starting to stir. "You have a bed mate" you told Kevin. "Eli lay down next to him. You two will not leave this spot unless its to use the bathroom or shower okay?"

"Yes ma'am" they said in unison.

"You too man" Kevin said he looked a little better today but you could tell he still wasn't one hundred percent. 

"Yeah" he said sniffly. It was then Jess came in with the table and some soup for Eli.

"Your's is coming" you told Kevin. He smiled. "I have the best girlfriend ever" he told Eli.

"She's a keeper" he said. "Jess is pretty awesome herself" Eli said. You shook your head. "Yeah wait until those colds wear off and you realize just how mushy you guys really are" you teased them.

"Crap, we won't hear the end of it" Eli said taking a bite of his soup. "Wow I do make good soup" he said nodding. Kevin laughed. "You're the best cook in UKiss besides Kiseop" Kevin said putting his head on Eli's shoulder. 

"Oh no you don't, no ELvin skinship in this bed okay?" you warned them

"No fair jagiya" Kevin pouted. "Where is my soup" he teased. "Oh you" you shook your head and went back out and later returned with some hot soup for him.

-----

"Those boys are ridiculous" you said giggling. 

"I agree, they are such babies when they are sick" KC said.

"What would you do if AJ was sick?" Jess asked.

"Its not AJ its Jaeseop" KC said. "And I'd do what I could to help him everyone wants to help out their loved one when they are sick"

"True, it hurts to see though" You said.

"I agree" Jess said icing the shamrock cookies. "I just want to go in there and take Eli to my place and take care of him, but my parents wouldn't allow him in my room" she said.

"He's only there until Sunghyun and I have our date tonight, I'm kicking him out or maybe I'll move Sunghyun out here" you said. "I'm not sure yet.

"Oh that's right what did you get him for your anniversary" Jen asked as she was getting more icing on her hands then the cupcake which made you giggle. "You already have enough ice on that finger sweetie" you said teasing her about her ring she got from Kiseop on Valentines Day.

"Shush" she blushed. "This kind is edible" she said her fingers after she finished icing the cupcakes.

"What did you get me" you heard someone breathe against your skin as his arms encircled around your waist.

"Don't you dare get me sick" you said relaxing against him. "Happy Anniversary, Jagiya" he said kissing the back of your neck.

"Happy Anniversary to you too" You said taking of his hands and bringing it to your lips and giving his hand a kiss. "I love you, but why are you out of bed. "I was going stir crazy and Eli fell asleep" he said.

"Why don't you sit on the couch and put on a movie or something we are almost done here" you told him.

"Okay" he said. "Can you bring me some of your iced green tea" he asked.

"Sure coming right up" you said.

"Watch the others get sick and you'll have to spend your anniversary taking care of sick UKiss members"KC said laughing

"Don't Jinx me you silly girl" you said shaking your head. "If that happens you are all staying and helping me" you said.

"Okay we will" they said.

"You will" you told them.

------

That night you and Kevin were in the living room watching movies. "What are you making us for our anniversary dinner" he asked.

"Breakfast for dinner" you told him "I'm going to keep it light with eggs, hash browns and toast" you told him.

"Romantic" he teased kissing your cheek, he was looking a lot better. 

"Very much so" you winked at him. You lit the candles in the living room and lit up the white lights you had hanging around your apartment. "Wow it is romantic" he smiled.

You started cooking and before you knew there was soft music playing and Kevin was behind you his hands on your hips and you were blushing as he pulled you back against him his lips on your neck.

"You still must be sick, you really don't get this way when we are alone" you as you were stirring the potatoes around in the skillet getting them a crispy brown.

"No, I just really want to touch you right now" he said his voice husky against your skin. "Well now isn't the time" you told him. "Unless you want burnt food"

"What if I said I wasn't hungry for food right now?" he asked.

"Have Mercy" you sighed and he laughed. He turned you around and while your hand was free you brought it up to his forehead. "No wonder your delirious" you said. "You're burning up you fever came back" you sighed.

"My fever is only represents how hot I am for you"

"Oh dear gosh that was corny, Kevin" you told him giggling.

"It's true though" he said sitting you on the counter. "Kevin I need to cook" you pouted at him. He moved between your legs. "Oh you will cook" he winked at you as he brought his lips down on your's hard and fast. "Mmmm" you moaned into the kiss, and that's when you felt it, the tip of his tongue touched yours and you squirmed but his grip tightened and you fell into the kiss as it became deeper and wetter. That's when two things happened at once. 

"KEVIN WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING REBUKE OKAY" KC yelled at him walking in door with what appeared a sick Jaeseop at her side and Eli picked up Kevin who pouted. "No I was making out with my girlfriend" he pouted. "You were scaring her" Eli said. 

"I was not" Kevin said nodding. "Oh no you were, that was a whole new level for you silly boy" you told him trying to catch your breath. You had to admit he was a good kisser but that was something you were both weren't ready for. You knew once he remembered this moment he'd regret it a bit, and you weren't ready for that, even though you regretted it yourself.

"Eli what are you doing awake?" Kevin asked glaring at him.

"I smelled food" he said.

"KC what are you doing here?" Kevin asked.

"Jaeseop called saying he wasn't feeling good so I came to bring him to the quarantine HQ" she said. "The other girls will be over after the youth group meeting.

"Thanks" you told her. "Watch them I'm going to finish cooking"  KC nodded.

Everyone had a TV tray and was seated on the couch watching some movie about kidnappers and kids being Ninja's. "Jaigya" Kevin said. "You own some of the craziest children's movies" he said.

"Hey don't knock 3 Ninja's" you told them. "Its one of my favorites to watch when I'm sick" You gave them each a plate of eggs, hash browns, toast and glasses of orange juice. And you gave each of them their cold pills for the night. 

"Are you going to stay tonight and help since I have three to take care of now?" you asked KC

"Sure, I'm glad we came in when we did" she said.

"Me too" you told her giving her a hug "Thank you, I was scared, That was so new and.. we were not ready for that" you told her as the boys ate and laughed at the movie. 

"This is some one year anniversary" you chuckled.

"Oh jagiya, that's right" Kevin said. "I have something for you." he smiled

"I have something for you too" you said smiling at him. You went to your bedroom to go and get it and soon you felt his arms around you again. "Eli brought your gift over here for me so its in here too" he said against your skin his breath hot.

"Oh dear Lord" you said. "Kevin I am so not used to this side of you" you told him blushing.

"Quite jagiya, I'll behave" he said. "I'm sorry about before, I blame this fever" he said.

"It's okay" you told him. "Just not again anytime soon" you blushed.

"I agree" he smiled. "The medicine has kicked in and I feel like a jerk about before"

"I said its okay, just we should take it slowly" you smiled at him. He picked up  your hand and kissed your promise ring again. "I promise to take it slower" he smiled his boyish smile and you smiled looking at him.

"Here is your gift" you said to Kevin handing him a green gift bag he chuckled. He opened the long box first it was a black leather bracelet with a silver cross at the wrist area. "Oh jagiya, this is so nice" he said. "I love it" he said putting it on. "This is perfect" he smiled. "I love it" he said kissing your cheek making you blush. "I'm so glad, its hard to get you things, soon I'm going to have you pick out what you want on your own" you teased.

"You do just fine hun" Kevin said "I treasure everything I get from you" he smiled running his fingers down your face and leaning in to kiss your forehand. "I love you so much"

"I love you too Sunghyun" you smiled at him.

"I love hearing my name on your lips, it sounds so beautiful" he said. You blushed. "This is my gift to you" he smiled. handing you a small gift bag and with a box in it. You opened it to reveal beautiful opal earrings with pink stones on each side.

"Sunghyun, these are beautiful" you said tearing up.

"Not as beautiful as you" he said. You kissed his lips softly and then his cheek. "I love you much, thank you"

"Happy Anniversary" he said smiling.

"Happy Anniversary" you said smiling back at him.

"Okay you two come out of there we have another issue" KC said poking her head in the bed room.

"What is it?" you asked curiously.

"I really did jinx you" she said pouting. "I'm sorry" you walked out with Kevin to see an air mattress on the floor blankets and pillows all over your floor.

"Party for the sick at you're place" Dongho said. "Movie week" he said coughing.

"Lord have Mercy" you said thinking about what all you'd have to buy to make more soup.

"Thanks KC" you said. "You are going to be my helper" you .

"Fine" she said.

"Happy Anniversary to you Kevin" Hoon said. "Now you get to take care of us" Soohyun said.

"I think you guys got sick because you wanted the attention" you shook your head.

"Maybe" Kiseop said putting his head on Jen's shoulder.

"Sunghyun" you said to Kevin. "Despite how this one turned out, its the best anniversary by far" he laughed. "Yes" he said. "And there will be more to come" he nodded and you smiled.

"I can't wait" you said.

"Me either" he smiled.

-----

The End - One Year anniversary.