Through the Eyes of a Child - Children's Day

Through the holidays with Kevin Woo

It was ten in the morning and you sat swinging on the swing in the park. Kevin texted you to meet him here and to wear something a little on the childish side. You had no idea what he meant by that, and didn't want to ask. So there you were in a overall shorts a white T-shirt your hair was parted to the side with white and blue barrettes in place to keep it from falling in your face, and your shoes were simple black chucks.

You watched the kids play in the sandbox as you sat in the swing, thinking back to your younger days. You were pulled from your thoughts when the little girl went to get out of the sandbox and fell and started crying, her brother who was next to her went over and helped her up but he started crying when he saw her scratched knees and saw the bit of blood.

You got out of your swing and went over to them and because of the Korean Kevin and the rest were teaching you, you knew you could help.

"Are you okay?" you asked the little girl. She sniffled as she looked at you with her wet eyes and cheeks. You knew you had to watch it or you'd end up crying too. You pulled your handkerchief from your pocket and asked if her and her brother if he would help her walk over with you to the water fountain, once there you ran some water over the cloth and asked the girl if it was okay if you helped her. She nodded as her brother kept his eye on you to make sure you weren't going to hurt his sister. Carefully you ran the cool wet cloth over her knees. She winced as her brother held her hand.

"There you go sweetie" you smiled.

"Thank y-you unni" she replied.

"You're welcome" you smiled as you moved  strands of hair from her face. "You should make sure to go get a band aid to cover the boo-boo so it doesn't get infected" you told her. She nodded.

"Come on sis lets go home and get your knees covered" her brother said. She nodded. Then the children waved bye as they headed to the complex behind the park.

"How did I get so lucky to get a great girlfriend like you" you jumped a bit hearing the voice as you turned around. "Kevin, you startled me" you blushed as his words sank in. "I'm not sure, how did you get so lucky?" you asked looking at him and taking in his boyish look for today he had on blue jeans, and printed super hero T-shirt and pair of sneakers, a ball cap on his head, followed by his sunglasses. You could tell he was trying not to be noticed.

"I don't know, but I thank God everyday that he sent you into my life" He smiled giving your forehead a kiss. You blushed and hid your face against him as you started walking. "What are our plans today?" you asked as he took your hand and interlaced your fingers.

"Well, I figured we could celebrate a Korean holiday today" he smiled swinging your arms much like a little kid that made you giggle.

"And what day is that?" you asked him.

"Children's Day" he said. "We only have a few hours to spend together since we actually have an event tonight" he told you. You were used to it though and supported his career.

"Oh, no wonder you told me to dress childish" you giggled. "I get it now" you smiled at him, your arms still swinging as you walked.

"Whoo~hooo, look whose holding hands" you heard a very familiar voice say.

"Eli?" Kevin turned around. "Why are you following us" he asked. "I thought I felt someone following me" he sighed. It was the first time you would actually be followed on a date.

"Not just Eli man" you heard and then noticed AJ was with him. "What, why, guys.. can't I be alone with _____ today?" he pouted.

"Um, no, because you have a time limit and we need to make sure the date ends early so it gives you the three hours you'll need to get ready for the show." Eli . You giggled because you knew it was true. "______ why are you laughing?" he pouted at you and you almost felt bad.

"I'm sorry Kevin, but they are right, you told me to meet you at ten this morning, its now eleven and you are here." you told him.

"I couldn't decide what shirt to wear" he told you as he blushed.

"Just stop its too early to deal with cutesy" AJ began. "So please stop before my non breakfast ends up on the sidewalk" he nodded.

"Thanks for that lovely thought AJ" you shook your head as you continued to hold Kevin's hand.

"Honey, the kids aren't listening" Eli told AJ. "Sorry dear, its your job to take care of them today" AJ shot back. While they were talking Kevin gave you a wink and you nodded as he held your hand tighter and in no time you and Kevin were running fast to loose the others. You laughed as you ran, Kevin beside you, it was exhilarating thinking about how they could catch you at any moment, it was really like you were kids today.

"JAILBREAK" Eli yelled.

"What?" AJ shook his head.. "Let's catch them" he replied and soon they were running after you. Once they caught you guys they split you up. Soon Kevin was between Eli and AJ and you were on the other side of Eli. "You really didn't have to separate us" Kevin pouted. "No we did. Now where are we going" Eli asked.

Kevin crossed his arms over his chest and pouted. "We were going to the amusement park" he blushed. He had been talking about wanting to take you there and  it seemed like today was the day only now you had two extra people with you.

"Okay we can all go and enjoy the park for a few hours then we will get you back in time for your three hour getting ready time" Eli said putting his arm around Kevin and pulling him close.

Kevin sighed. "Sorry _____ it looks like our date is ruined" he pouted.

"It's okay Kevin there will be other dates" you smiled over at him.

You arrived at the amusement park a few minutes later. "What are we riding first?" AJ asked. You and Kevin looked to each other and nodded, it was like you could read each others mind. "The rollercoaster" you and he said in unison.

"Oh hell, no" AJ said, "Not on an empty stomach" he said shaking his head.

"Um, yes. _____ and I want to ride it and that's what we are riding first" Kevin said firmly.

"Look at you be manly dude" Eli said. "It suits you, or maybe its the girlfriend that's making the change, either way its nice" he told you.

Kevin nodded. "I just want her to be happy, and if she wants to ride the rollercoaster first that's what we are doing" he said. He took your hand and led the way swinging your arms like you were children again, you giggled, you  hadn't felt this carefree in a while.

Once on the ride and as it was going up the hill you held onto Kevin's hand. You weren't scared, but you just wanted to know he was there.

"Don't be scared jagiya" he whispered to you. You blushed you were still getting used to him calling you that, it almost seemed surreal.

"I'm not scared" you told him. "I just like holding your hand" you smiled. At that point you were at the top and before you knew it you were laughing as it went down all the hills and went around turns and went around in loops. You were especially happy to be riding this ride with Kevin. It was like a dream come true..

When you were on the ground and waiting for the others to recover when you jumped up onto Kevin's back. "Piggy back time" you told him and he laughed as he carried you around. "Where to next, jagiya" he asked you. "Um.. How about.. Oh I know bumper cars" you said.

"Finally a ride we can cream you guys in for being overly cute in front of our single eyes" Eli said.

"Yeah, we can show it won't pay to be all cutesy in front of us" AJ agreed. You laughed. "I'm having a really good time" you explained. "Even if we can't be alone today, its fun" you told Kevin pressing your lips to his cheek giving him a kiss.

"Me too jagiya, me too" he smiled as you got in line for the bumper cars.

After that ride you were a bit dizzy and a bit whiplashed AJ and and Eli really meant what the said about creaming you. You were rubbing your neck when Kevin got over to you. "You okay?" he asked. "Yeah fine, how come you didn't walk away with any bruises?" you asked him.

"Easy we love him a bit more and we have a show in a few hours and we can't have Kevin showing up bruised, there would be to many questions, and he really can't come out just yet and say he has a girlfriend." Eli stated.

Kevin looked to Eli "When can I though, I just want to shout that I'm in love with _____" he told his friend and you blushed.

"You'll know when Kevin, you'll know" AJ said patting him on the back.

After a few more rides and some snacks you headed back so the boys could get Kevin ready for the show.

"Are you coming tonight, if you come with us you can stay backstage" Kevin said. Eli and AJ looked to each and their heads.

"Not a good idea bro" AJ said. "I mean if a fan gets back stage and sees her? what do we say?"  he finished.

"I know what your saying, but she can carry our bags and act like our gopher" he smiled. "For some reason I really want ______ there tonight" he said.

"Okay she can come" Eli said. "Be at our dorm in a few minutes we've got to gather everyone and leave for the location of the show"

"Okay I'll be right over" you smiled. You went into your dorm and you just switched your overall shorts for a pair of skinny jeans and you replaced your white T-Shirt with a pink and  black stripped v-neck with a pink cami underneath you left your barrettes and chucks on. Once done you crossed the hall to their dorm. "I think you're the male in the relationship" AJ said. "You were ready in five minutes, Kevin's still deciding what to change into before we leave." he shook his head.

"Kevin is not a girl" you told AJ. "He just likes to make sure he looks nice and takes a while figuring it out, you can't call him a girl for that AJ" you told him.

Eli laughed. "You really don't know Kevin then, he's such a girl"

Kevin pouted as he came out in nicer jeans and a black and white stripped T-Shirt and sneakers. "I'm not a girl" he said. "I just like to look nice" he stated.

AJ shook his head. "Wow they really do think alike.. I think we better get used to _______ sticking around, I don't think she's going to be leaving"

Kevin smiled as he kissed your cheek. "No, she's not going anywhere." you blushed but you knew eventually you were going home unless you found a job here and could continue your studies here, but that was a conversation for you and Kevin another day.

Soon you were in the van with them and on the road to their location. You leaned your head on Kevin's shoulder and soon you were napping on him and you didn't realize you feel asleep until you heard him calling you and gently shaking you.

"You have to kiss her like Sleeping Beauty" You heard Kiseop say. It was then you felt his lips on yours in a short kiss you blinked your eyes open as he pulled away. "Well what do you know that does work" Kevin smiled. "Thank you Kiseop"

You blushed as he helped you out of the van.They started putting some bags in your hands and you helped them carry them in. They were right they did get you in saying you were new and helping them carry the bags and get things for them as a gopher.

While they got ready you waited in their waiting room you really didn't feel like seeing half boys walk around. You didn't want to feel uncomfortable. "I hope you didn't wait to long" Kevin smiled. You squeaked when you saw what he was wearing, it was one of your favorite outfits and one he only wore during their time Japan. It was pink with studs and the shoulders and down the arms, the black tie and white shirt. You were drooling.

"_____ your drooling, its kind of gross" you heard Dongho say. You were bug eyed they were all wearing their outfits from that A-Nation concert you say. You blushed.

"Jagiya, what's wrong, why are you blushing" Kevin asked.

"Um.. Because you in that suit... I.. can't.. you look so good" you told him your voice went a bit lower than usual and you instantly felt bad.

"Oh, thank you" he blushed. He must not of noticed your voice change. "Come stand backstage okay?" he asked as he took your hand and led you to the stage.

Once they took the stage they sang some old and some new songs. Your eyes only focused on Kevin. His voice, his soul, the music was the same but when he sang it there was something different, there was so much love and emotion and the songs sounded different to him. You blushed. At the end they thanked everyone but before they left the stage Kevin hushed the crowd and you wondered what he was going to say.

"KissMe's I want you to be happy for me, I need you to know that.. I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND" he yelled a huge smile on his face the crowd went silent before there were many cheers they were so happy for him. He was like a child jumping up and down at the crowds reaction. It defiantly was Child's day and you were seeing with a child's eyes, and he was still that beautiful man you loved. You couldn't stop laughing at him he must of heard you because he called you over and you shook your head. "No~" you mouthed to him while shaking your head. He shook his head yes and gave you a look that said please. You pouted and crossed your arms. He came over to you and kissed your forehead. "Please jagiya" you melted when he called you that and you couldn't say no.

Once on stage you introduced you to the crowd of KissMe's and you blushed as you hid your face against him and the crowd erupted in 'Awwws'

"Are you mad" he finally asked when you were at your dorm door.

"No, I could never be mad at you" you smiled at him. "I'm just nervous now that world knows about us"

"Don't worry, I'll protect you, and the KissMe's will love you, because I love you" he smiled.

"I love you too" you smiled. "Thank you for today"

"You're welcome, sorry we had unwelcome visitors."

"It's okay today of all days it made it more fun"

"You're right ______" he said. "It made children's day feel like children's day" he giggled. "I will text you tomorrow, I have schedules but maybe I can come over tomorrow when they are all done."

"Sure" you smiled. "Goodnight Kevin" you kissed his cheek before going into your dorm.

The End - Children's Day.