Problems & Parents : Thanksgiving

Through the holidays with Kevin Woo

It was November. UKiss had been in Japan again and were coming home again soon and you couldn't wait to see Kevin. In fact you had a great surprise for him. It actually came as a surprise when you're parents said they were coimng to see you for American Thanksgiving. You tried telling them they celebrate it earlier in Korea but they said 'You aren't Korean you will celebrate with us"

So now you had to tell Kevin they were coming for Thanksgiving and you had to go find turkey with all the fixings in Korea. You had no idea where to even begin. You also had Kevin and KC's birthday to plan since that was that weekend. You were going to be dragging but you would do it for your friends and family because that is the kind of person you were.

---

It was the day before your parents were arriving and it was the day Kevin was getting back from Japan. You were so nervous. How do you tell your idol boyfriend that your parents are coming for Thanksgiving, a holiday celebrated eaelier and not the same way as you celebrate in America. Hopefully he'd know something. You were so stressed you didn't even dress nicely that day. You had on leggings a white cami and green and white plaid flannel shirt. You're hair was up in a messy bun. He texted you a bit ago saying he was getting the van with everyone and he'd come see you as soon as he got in.

You were so nervous you went to put on some hot water to make a cup of tea to calm your nerves. You were pouring the hot water into your tea mug when you felt arms around you and you instantly relaxed. His touch was soothing. "Do you have enough to pour me a cup too jagiya?" 

"Of course, love, you will it need when I tell you the news" you told him.

"Did I miss something?" he asked  "you were awfully quite during our recent phone calls" he said. Moving away with his cup of tea and leading you over to your couch to talk. You sat down and pulled your legs underneath you and turned to him. "I know you know what Thanksgiving is" you giggled. He nodded. "Of course I lived in the states we celebrate it here too, just differently and earlier" he said.

"Well, my parents will be here tomorrow" you said point blankly. "I had no idea how to tell you" you pouted as you sipped the warm mint liquid. 

He looked at you frozen. "You're parents are coming tomorrow?" he asked his voice squeaked.

"Yeah they wanted to come a couple days before because they were leaving following day" you told him.

"They wanted me to help shop for food and everything" you explained. "But I have no idea where to get a turkey in Korea"

Kevin blinked. "Um. Its nice that they are coming, but do you want me to meet them because.. I don't know"

You looked to him and shook your head. "I understand. You don't have to meet my parents I know you probably do something with your family or you'd have a schedule" you told him, as you took another sip of your tea.

He smiled. "______, you are so understanding" he ruffled your hair. "I mean.. if I'm free that day I'll at least come over, I just I don't know how to go about meeting your parents" he said with an awkward smile. 

"I understand, love" you smiled. "I'm not going to make you either" you giggled as you set your tea down and leaned across the couch putting your head in Kevin's lap. "I've missed you" you replied looking up at him. He set his tea cup down and leaned down and kissed your lips softly at first and then continued slowly til you were both breathless. "I've missed you too" he panted softly. You smiled up at him. "If you talk to your mom tonight can you ask her where I can find a turkey?" you asked.

He chuckled. "You and this dang turkey, a grocery store should have some maybe, but I will ask her" he smiled. "So what should we do now that I'm back" he asked.

"Oh I don't know" you sat up and put your head on his shoulder. "Just sit like this and enjoy the--"

"Hey its time to play Uno man" AJ said with KC behind.

"Quiet" you finished. "Excuse me, UNO?" you said.

"You heard  my namja pick your ears instead of your nose" KC said.

"Group get together" Eli sang as he came in with Jess and Kiseop followed with Jen and the others came in. 

"My table is not that big" you said. "We can play over hear on the floor" you stated.

"So did you tell Kevin about you're parents?" KC asked.

"Yes, and its nothing to worry about" You shook your heard looking over to Kevin.

"Did everyone know but me?" he asked looking hurt.

"I only told my friends, I swear"

"I told AJ" KC said, "I was worried, I thought he would know something to tell me to tell you"

"I told Kiseop" Jen said. "Because I was worried about you, just like KC said"

"I told Eli" Jess said.

"Wow, um. I think I'm going to go over to the other dorm for a bit" Kevin said. "I'm just hurt that you told them and not me" he said.

"No, Kevin it isn't like that.. I didn't know how to tell you" you told him pouting. You were upset he was getting the wrong idea.

"Its okay, I just need to go think about this okay?" he said. He waved to the other guys and headed back to his dorm. 

"Thanks guys" you told your friends. "What am I going to do if he decides to break up with me or i don't know not talk to me again?" you asked.

"Don't worry about it" Eli said. "He will be fine he just needs to think it through, things will be fine" he said.

-----

You were at the airport picking up your parents and you still hadn't heard anything from Kevin. You knew he was upset but you didn't know what to do to make him feel better. 

"There she is" you were snapped into it when your dad hugged you with his bear hug. "Mom, Dad" you smiled greeting them at the airport. "I know it was long but was your flight okay?"

"It was fine" your mom said "There wasn't that much turbulence either" she nodded as you helped get their luggage and take it to the cab.

"So are we going to meet this boy you've been talking about?" You're dad asked sternly.

"I don't know daddy, we aren't talking right now, I upset him yesterday and i hurt him" you said sadly your eyes getting watery.

"Aww baby girl, its okay" your dad said. "Things will work out"

"Speaking of this boy, is he part of the reason you want to move to Korea?" your mom asked. "Because if you keep hurting him, he may break up with you" she said.

"Thanks mom" you shook your head. "This is our first real argument" you told them as their luggage got put into the cabs trunk and you call got in to head to your place.

-----

"Oh this is lovely, and less Christmas then I thought you'd have it right now" your mom said.

"Yeah well, my friends said they sent me things but this time it got lost in the mail." you pouted. All you wanted was to get a tree up with lights and make it festive.

"I'll have to go shopping this weekend" you told them. That's when you remembered it Kevin's birthday this weekend and you should do something special for him. It was also KC's so you started to think about something you could do as a group, yet that would let you be together with Kevin at the same time.

"You do that dear" your father said. "So are we going grocery shopping tomorrow for food?" he asked. "Yeah" you nodded. "We can get all our ingredients for Thanksgiving, tomorrow when we go to the food store" you smiled. You were so out of it, this misunderstanding with Kevin really had you upset.

"Aww honey, you must really love him if it has you this upset" your mom said.

"I do" you said and soon the tears just spilled.You hadn't seen him or spoke with him or even texted him since yesterday it was the longest you went without talking to each other and you needed some kind of reassurance from him to let you know the relationship was okay.

"Where does this boy live I'll go tell him he shouldn't be hurting my baby like this" your father said hugging you tightly. You were always daddy's little girl. "No dad, you'd hurt him" you sniffled.

There was a knock at your door ruining the father/daughter moment. Your mom answered the door. 

"Hi, is _______ Here?" the voice asked.

"K-Kevin" you hiccuped as you wiped your tears away. 

"Jagiya" he came to you and hugged you tightly letting you cry against him. His fingers ran through your hair and back trying to calm you.

"I'm so sorry Kevin, so sorry" you sobbed. "I just.. I didn't know how tell you" you told him.

"It's okay I shouldn't have gotten so upset." he said soothingly. "I'm here now okay, you can introduce me okay" he said softly as your sobs quited down.

"Who is this twig" you father said. "This can't be that boy you've been talking about are you sure he isn't. well gay"

"DADDY" you yelled at him. "He is not gay, he's my boyfriend okay, and its not about his looks, he's got a beautiful inside."

"OH MY GOSH" your mom said. "YOU, YOU'RE that kid from the band she likes.. Her room was covered with your posters, she called you her angel, she said you were the reason she started trusting God again" she said.

Kevin blushed. "Um, yeah that would be me" he said looking down. "Wow" he breathed

"Gee thanks mom, this isn't even awkward or anything" you said.

"Will be joining us for dinner on Thursday?" your father asked Kevin.

"Um. I think I'm doing something with my family that day" he said. "For our Thanksgiving" he nodded.

"My daughter said you celebrate earlier here" you father said.

"Dad, he used to live in the live in the US for a while" you explained.

"Oh, okay, well you and your family could join us, if you wanted" he said.

You looked to Kevin "You don't have to, love. I understand" you told him.

"I'll ask my mom and sister and get back to you tomorrow" he said. "I can't promise anything, but I'll ask" he gave you this really uncomfortable look. You pulled out your phone like you got a text and texted Eli.

'Come save Kevin from my parents he's being eaten alive he needs some muscle'

"You don't have a-" 

"Daddy, no his father is still California, don't ask okay?"

Kevin sighed. "Thank you jagiya" he smiled at you.

"Yo Kevin, Dongho needs you he said he can't find this bible verse" Eli said coming through your door like its natural. Kevin exhaled and gave you a smile saying thank you. You gave him a wink.

"Who are you? and why are you barging in our daughters dorm?" Your father asked.

"Oh I'm Eli, Kevin's friend, roommate and bandmate" he smiled. "And you're joking right, we are here all hours of the day and night" he shook his head as he pulled Kevin away, after they door was shut your father turned to you and said. "We are getting you a better lock and you're going to leave it locked, you can't have strange boys coming in and out of here"

"He's right, I mean what if you were getting out of the shower and walking to your room in a towel" your mom asked. You flushed because that happened a few times, thank goodness it was Kevin though, he would always turn around right away and wait for your bedroom door to close before sitting on your couch.

You coughed. "Anyway, do you guys want anything we could always go to the store now and relax and prep tomorrow?" you asked.

"Sure, and while we are out I'll buy you a deadbolt" your father said. "No more boys in here unless the knock on your door" he said sternly.

"Yes, daddy" you sighed.

----

When you came back you were fully stocked with food, and Christmas decor. "You guys can have my room, you're probably exhausted" you said. "I'm going to put everything away and start decorating" you said excitedly. 

"You do that dear, we will see you when we get up" your mother said.

Soon it was just you and your belongings and some peace and quiet.

----

The food was put away and you had the prelit six foot tree up, and your table now had a red and green plaid tablecloth on it. You smiled as your ipod softly played your Christmas playlist. It was finally feeling and looking like the holidays. You started to sing along softly as you started to hang the silver and gold tinsel on the tree. You were totally in your happy place. 

You were singing a long to 'Jingle Bell Rock' and hanging the orniments on your tree when you heard the knock at your door. You opened the door and smiled. "Kevin" you hugged him. "I'm so sorry my parents are embarrasing." you placed a kiss on his cheek.

He laughed. "They were really are, but it made me smile when I found out you called me your angel." he smiled as you blushed.

"Oh, Christmas" he got giddy. "Do you want some help?" he asked. 

"Sure, but why are you here?" you giggled.

"I figured your parents would have to pass out eventually" he nodded as he started to hang up some of the gold and silver orniments. 

"Very bright you are" you as you gently bumped arms with him. "So we're really okay now?" you asked.

"Yeah we are fine" he smiled, moving closer to you and leaning down to kiss your lips softly as your arms went around his neck and you got on your tiptoes.

"Get your hands off my daughter" your father said as Kevin pulled away softly.

"Dad" you glared. "I thought you went to sleep. "I was but then I remembered I had to install that deadbolt" he explained. 

"You're joking right? How are we going to come and go then?" Kevin asked.

"That's the point we cant have you coming and going on my daughter what if she isn't dressed properlly?" her father asked.

"Oh" he flushed knowing he'd come in at the wrong times a few times.

"Yeah, oh" your father said. He pulled out the lock and started to get to work.

-----

The next day was light you had little prep work to do so your mother helped you finish hanging the Christmas decorations. Your phone started exploding with texts at some point that day and you just sat shaking your heard.

"Mom dad we need to go buy a bigger table, it seems everyone is coming over tomorrow for dinner."

"What do you mean everyone?" Your father asked.

"Kevin with his mother and sister, my friends KC, Jen and Jess, and the rest of UKiss" you said.

"Well lets hope the store has another turkey" your mom said. You nodded. "Lets look for other things too we should get things to make a pie" you said.

"Yes, they haven't tried my pumpkin cheesecake or my apple pie" she said. You were drooling at the word cheesecake your mom made the best.

"Let's go then" you said

-----

It was finally Thanksgiving, and it was about time for everyone to show up. You you wearing a long cream and brown wrap plaid skirt, a long sleeved dark brown vneck with a pink cami under it. You kept seeing if your parents needed help in the kitchen, and making sure the table was set. There was a knock at the door finally and you went to get it. You bowed politely "Mrs. Woo, Deanna, Kevin" you gave each of them a hug Kevin got the extra kiss on the cheek. "Its good to see you all." you smiled to them. You wanted to just keep Kevin to himself though. His brown suit, white shirt and orange tie looked amazing on him, then again Kevin always looked good in suits.

"Stop drooling over my brother" Deanna said. "Thank you for having us over by the way, we are all really excited about having turkey again" she giggled.

You sighed.. "After this I don't want to see it again" you said laughing. "I love it, but it was hard to find" you chuckled.

Your mom came out of the kitchen with your father "Hi I'm ______, her mother" she said.

"I'm ______" her father" he smiled. "Its nice to meet you all" he said.

"Its nice to meet you all too" Kevin's mother said. "Do you need any help in the kitchen?" she asked.

"No, its all about done just making the crescent rolls" your mom said. 

In no time everyone was there and seated at your table.

"______" KC begain. "It looks like Frosty and Rudolph threw up in here" she said. "I  think you overdid the Christmas."

"I think you're crazy, there is never not enough Christmas" you giggled. 

"Okay you two" your mother said. "Honey are you going to say grace?" your mom asked your dad.

"Acutally, Kevin would you give grace?" Your father asked.

"Sure" he said smiling. "Lord, thank you for this time of thanks and everyone getting together. Bless this meal as he partake in it, and bless the people that made it. In Jesus name we pray, Amen" he then looked.

"Amen" your father said.

-----

Soon everyone was seated and stuffed full of food and Kevin was still eating. "You eat rather slow don't you boy" your father asked him.

"Um, yes" he said. "I like to taste my food" he teased. "No kidding, I've just always been this way" he smiled.

"Dad, stop picking on him" you said.

"No its okay jagiya" he said. "I'm used to it Eli usually teases me about it" he laughed.

"I'm to stuffed to make jokes" Eli said. "This pumpkin cheesecake and apple pie were to die for" he said.

"My mom makes the best desserts" you smiled. "She actually puts raisins in her apple pie but I told her to skip the raisins because someone here doesn't like them"

"Raisins are the deviils favorite fruit" KC said. "They are gross"

"Sure, sure" you shook your head at her.

"Well, its been really nice meeting you all" your parents said. "I'm so glad my daughter has friends like you all, and her father and I decided that we will let her stay, we weren't to fond of her wanting to move here just because of a boy, but seeing you all, and how special Kevin is to her, we are going to let her stay"

"We will miss you baby girl, but its so easy to tell how well you fit in here" your father gave you a watery smile.

"I'll miss you both too, but I'm in good hands" you smiled as you looked to Kevin and his family.

"I'll protect her with my life sir" Kevin said. "I love her and you can trust me with her"

"I know that Kevin" he said. "I'm glad she finally met you, I think you'd be the only boy I'd accept for her" he chuckled as Kevin blushed. "Thank you, that means so much" Kevin said.

"We trust her with you" your mom said. "Take good care of her" she smiled.

"Mom, dad why are you saying this now, I thought you were leaving tomorrow, you sound like your leaving soon"

"We actually are" she said. "We got a late flight, we saw something on your calender in the bedroom for this weekend and we changed our ticket so you could get  a head start" she said.

That was in registered they say about it being Kevin's birthday and that you were going away with everyone. "Oh~" you said. "Yeah that was to be a surprise" you told your parents now you'd have to tell your friends later.

-----

You're parents had left and now you were cleaning the dishes and putting any left overs away. 

"You're parents are really nice, embarrassing but nice" Kevin said as he dried the dishes.

"Yeah, I love them, despite how embarrassing they can be" you said. "So what do you have planned this weekend" he asked you a smirk on his face.

"I don't know but there is this adorable guy I know that has a birthday and I was thinking that because it was also a friend of mine's birthday we'd go away for it"

"Hmm.. I think I need to find this guy and let him know you're taken" he teased. "Where did you want to go?" he asked. 

"Oh no, that's a surprise" you told him. "You will not get it out of me" you said washing the last dish and handing it to him.

"No fair" he pouted. "Guys do you know where we are going this weekend"

"Yeah we know, in fact I helped choose since its my birthday too, don't worry you'll love it" KC said.

"I'm ready to go pass out" Eli said. "I ate to much"

"Yeah I'm the same way, but I want to make sure my mom and sister get home first" Kevin said. "I"m going to take them home but I'll be back okay?" he asked kissing your cheek.

"Thats fine, love" you smiled at him. You were so lucky to have him at your side.

"Well we are gonna go, we have some studying to do before tonight" KC rolled her eyes. "We will see you tomorrow afternoon to leave okay?" You nodded. "That works. Everyone pack tonight so you can be here on time tomorrow please?" you said. They all nodded.

"We'll make sure Kevin is up with sun so he can shower, and find clothes to wear and pack by the time he is done it will be time to go" AJ said.

"You are such a girl, Kevin" KC said. "I'm not even that bad" she rolled her eyes.  

After everyone left you kicked your feet up and laid down on the couch. Everything was perfect. You were at ease the next thing you knew there being carried you slowly stirred. "Hmmmm..." you said.

"Just sleep jagiya. I'm just putting you into your bed" Kevin said laying you down and kissing your cheek. 

"Thank you for today" you said groggily. "You are the best boyfriend ever" he chuckled.

"You just sleep and I will see you tomorrow" he said. "You're welcome it was nice to finally meet you're parens" he said kissing your lips once more.

"I love you" you mumbled to him a tired smile on your face.

"Love you too" he smiled. Then he headed back to his pace.

 

The End - Thanksgiving.