De Ja Vu..?

For The First Time

 

Flashback

“I mean, I’m the one who wants it, so it’s the right thing if I accompanied her.. Right?” there’s a few silent seconds when Krystal finally said

“Fine with me”

“Wait, I’ll get my jacket and my wallet first” as soon as A.J left the room..

 “Are you out of your mind?!” Jessica hissed

“Sica..”

“What unnie? We're just going to buy milk at the convenience store near here, what so crazy about it?”

“You know what I mean Krystal!” still hissing in order not to let anyone else but her, Krystal and Yuri about the current conversation they are having.

“You are worrying too much” she casually dismissed her sister concerns

“You..” Jessica is about to say something more when Amber suddenly appears to the kitchen where they are standing now

“Hey, I’m here, lets go?”

End of Flashback

“If you have something to say just say it, its rude staring at someone like that” Krystal said without feeling the need to show her friendly attitude, even though practically, from A.J’s side, they are two strangers related to each other just because A.J is dating Krystal’s cousin.

“Eh.. Yeah.. I was about to ask if the convenience store still far away?”

“See it yourself” Krystal said as she opened the entrance door of the convenience store they were heading earlier, which is few steps beside A.J.

“O..kay..” as she followed behind.

“Eommuniem good evening, how are you today?” Krystal said to the store owner, which makes A.J, a bit confused by the sudden attitude changes Krystal showed her and to the store owner

“Aigoo dear, what are you doing outside of the house at this hour? You know it's very dangerous right? Especially for a pretty girl like you” praised by the store owner, Krystal just smile, while on the other hand, it earns a faint scoffed from A.J, which noticed by Krystal from the corner of her eyes.

“Yeah sure, as if there’s any thugs or bad guys around here who even dare to face that cold expression, glares and sharp tongue” mumbled A.J to no one in particular, or maybe to some stack of snack she’s been eyeing on.

Good thing Krystal didn’t hear it because she’s currently busy being amiable with the store owner “Its okay eommuniem, I’m with..” she look hesitated before saying “A friend..”

And A.J missed that statement made by Krystal, because she’s too busy staring at the content of the store’s ice cream fridge. She was about to call Krystal, to ask her if they could buy an ice cream when suddenly an old lady standing in front of her, looking at her sharply. To greet the old lady properly is the first thing that runs into A.J’s head, but before she could do it, the old lady talked first.

“You look familiar”

With that, A.J can only stunned, hesitated on what or how to answer the old lady remark. After contemplating for a few seconds, she finally decide to say “I.. Am not really sure, halmeoni.. Because I just arrived here, from abroad, yesterday..?” and hoped that the answer she gave will make the old lady not to misunderstand her or others which according to the old lady, she ever met before.

“No no no, I know you” as the old lady suddenly grabbed A.J’s face and examined it closely “I might be old, shortsighted and have a hearing problems, but I still have a good memory, and I'll never forget a face that I've seen before, and you, look familiar”

“N..No no halmeoni, you might be mistaken me with someone else” A.J desperately said, confused on how to release herself from the old lady’s hand.

“Eomma! What are you doing?” shout the owner of the store, from behind the counter.

“What do you think I’m doing?! I’m trying to remember this boy! I’m sure I’ve seen him before, I just can’t be sure where and when..” the old lady snapped back

“Aish, its maybe because that kid has never been here before!” as the store owner helps A.J to released herself from the old lady hand “Chunhee-ah! Get your lazy bum down here and take your halmeoni upstair! She could scare the customer and.. eomma! Did you just drink soju?!”

“I did not..” said the old lady, unconvincingly..

“Aigoo.. Chunhee-ah!”

“Okay okay, I’m here, come on now halmeoni, lets go upstairs” said a young man, that seems like the store owner son, while guiding the old lady to the other side of the store, which is more private, for the store owner family.

“I’m sorry for that, she has a problem with her memories, old people stuff” the store owner said

“Not really..” A.J silently mumbled which caught by Krystal, who only looked at her, rather sadly, but A.J doesn’t realized it.

“Eommuniem, I’m buying” said a customer from the cashier counter calling for the store owner

“Okay okay be right there” she said to the customer “You kids go get what you want fast, then go home already, you kids roaming around the neighborhood this late made me worried instead” so she left Krystal and A.J next to each other in front of the ice cream fridge.

Being awkward, once again.

“You want ice cream?” Krystal suddenly asked as she open the ice cream fridge, and handed A.J “Chocolate mint?” made A.J a little bit startled because if Krystal just making a wild guess, she really does guess well, because chocolate mint is A.J’s favorite ice cream flavor of all time.

“T..Thanks..” said A.J, still a little bit surprised.

“Could you pick one for me?” Another moment of surprised for A.J when Krystal asked her that.

“M..Me?” she looked at Krystal, hardly to believe that the person who treated her coldly since the beginning of their meetings, actually initiating a friendly act such as, asking for her opinion to pick an ice cream.

“Yeah, who else?” maybe not so friendly..

“W..what flavors you like?” A.J innocently asked.

“Guess” Krystal said shortly, looking at A.J intently. There’s a hope, in her eyes.

“Vanilla?” A.J innocently picked the first flavor that runs through her mind.

With that, Krystal disappointedly sighed “This is crazy” she faintly mumbled then walked away from A.J to the counter, leaving her in confusion.

--

“Hey wait up, Krys, wait up” A.J said while trying to catch up Krystal who walked so fast since they leave the store minutes ago “Seriously Krystal, wait up, aren’t you going to eat the ice cream first? Its going to get melt”

“Then eat it by yourself!” She snapped which caught A.J off guard.

“Hey chill Krys, if you don’t want it, fine, I’ll eat it, I like ice creams, but you are the one who told me to pick one for you, if I was wrong, you could have just picked it by yourself, why being so moody about it?”

“Stupid stupid stupid stupid” is what Krystal’s constantly mumbled slowly while A.J being talkative behind her.

“You were saying something Krystal?” asked A.J, feeling like Krystal was saying something

“Stop calling me that..” she faintly mumbled once again while continually walking fast in front of A.J.

“Krystal wait!” once again A.J tried to slow her down

Krystal stopped, instantly turned around then shouted “Stop calling me that!” to A.J who looked at her in a total confusion.

And then, without any one of them aware of what was going to happen next, suddenly they are in a situation that was unexpected, even by someone who took the first initiative to start the unexpected action.

Krystal and A.J, two person who according to A.J’s knowledge, supposed to be strangers, acquaintance, modestly said, where A.J is Krystal’s cousin girlfriend, who was just introduced to each other not more than a day ago, with not so many word have been said between them yet, suddenly find themselves kissing, or being kissed, under the dimness of a street light, in the middle of a night. With a lot of tears running from one of them, and a lots of confusion inside the mind of the other one.

She looked at her with her eyes, filled with tears “I’m sorry.. I’m sorry, I’m sorry.. I’m sorry” and that is the last thing Krystal said to A.J, before she runs away, leaving A.J behind, standing stiffly, absolutely have no idea about what she should do.

First thing that runs through A.J's mind right now..

Is Nicole..

Second thing..

De ja vu?

---

a/n: some things to notice, Amber still not having her memories back, and do you by any chance remember what Krystal's favorite ice cream flavor in this story? ^___^ maybe then you know why suddenly she became a "spoiled brat" and, do you know what is the color, of vanilla ice cream? is it white or yellow? and who is obsessed with white color in this story? ^___^ i'll leave the hint for you to guess and make own scenarios until i find something to write again O___O

so, pardon for any grammar mistake, which i am sure there's a lot, thank you for reading, leaving comments and subscribing ^___^

i guess i update too much and too fast this week .___. maybe i should take a break, i can feel some workload starting to creeping behind my back T___T until then, LDW out!