White

Hello, I'm a stranger in search of a stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"From the moment I first saw you,
There wasn’t a day when my heart was at rest"

-White Love by K.Will, Soyu, Jeongmin

True Ending

***

--(Flashback)

She watches in horror the figure infront of her. Her face has traces of blood sliding down to her chin from a gash on her forehead. It's glistening as it's still a fresh wound. It's not late yet. She is pained too, but she still manages to grip back her senses enough to search for her cellphone in her front pocket. Her sight is blurry and she narrows her eyes to see what she's exactly touching on her cellhpone. Fortunately, her case was enough to not let much water get into its system. She presses the power button to see it coming back to life. She clicks on the 'emergency call' button there's on her screen and with a shaky voice, she manages to blurt out a correct sentence.

"Two bodies... near the shore.... of the dead sea... quick.."

A man's static voice calls out to her but she can't hear anything. Her phone slides from her hand as she looks the unconscious girl's face. She smiles as she closes her eyes.

"I tried to save us both... because it's all my fault... Olppaemi..."

She doesn't see a couple in the distant running towards them.

--(Flashback)

A loud gasp echoes in the empty living room. The owner, suddenly sitting up, shakes her head and closes her eyes tightly. She breathes in and puts her hand on her fast beating heart as if it was going to help slow down its pace. She looks around in the dim lighted room and she sees a brown headed girl laying on the opposite with a goofy smile as she snores loudly. The blond head throws herself back into her couch and looks into her plasma screen to only see her reflection. She puts her hand on her forehead as she searches on her coffee table right in her corner with her left hand for something. She brings it up in the air when she finds it.

"Jupyeon, I promise to get you this as soon as possible just as you made me promise. You'll confess, right? That's if you ever wake up... But you'll wake up because you're the though dorky unnie that loves my friend, and yu would never leave her alone."

She smiles as her eyes shows sadness. She stands up and walks to the snoring girl. She bends to take the thrown blanket off the ground. She places it back onto the girl and goes back into her dark hallway. Her shadow dissapears as she closes her room's door behnd her.

--

It's dark. She's alone in this indefinite space. That's what she thought for four days straight. Until her mind came back to reality.

"Aah... I feel heavy."

The inexpressive body finally started coming back to life. There's a movement of twitching under her eyelids. It's the first life sign. The repetitive beeping of a machine resonates in her mind. Her dark brown fringe tickles her right eye.

"Where am I?"

She asks herself, seeing only white after opening her eyes. Another sound in the distant. This time being footsteps. The cracking noise of a door is heard throughout the room. She shuts back her eyes. There's a weight next to her and a lighter one on her abdomen whch makes her sligthly turn to the right side. The tapping stops and the low hoarse voice of a man speaks up.

"There's nothing wrong, the reports stays the same. Both of their injuries are healing." He sighes. "And this girl is there again."

A feminine voice replies to him. "She's been in coma for four days and she's been crawling next to her everyday. We can't get to move her back into her own bed."

There's a sigh once again. "Leave them be. Le's move onto the next patient."

The footsteps go back distant as the room is left all silent except for the machine's noise. Now she can open them back and understand what's going on by taking all her time. She slowly moves her head, well she tries. She can't really do so with the neck brace. Her right arm brushes a fabric. Under the fabric, there's a constant movement going up and down. She moves those fingers, now that she has full control. She also wants to move her feet but it's only the right she can since there's a weight on the left one as if there was something hugging it down. She also gives up when she feels an electric shock passing into it, understanding it was pointless.

She lifts her arms in the air. They're covered in clean bandages. The left one is only covered on the wrist, with two IV lines connected under it. It must be serum filled with who-knows what, she can't turn her head so she has no idea. She wants to sit up to see what's the weight on her stomach. She tries to move her body but it's too weak to even slide itself upward. So she takes the pillows behind her neck and arranges them straight.

It's her. Her little muffin cheeked owl. She looks lovingly at her sleeping state, how she had missed her. They're both wearing the same clothes. A short-sleeved top that's two sizes bigger and plain capri pants, both of them as white as snow. They're feet, and it seems what was that weight on her left feet was the fact

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter