In your footsteps

Hello, I'm a stranger in search of a stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"This kind of feeling is still on and on and on again
In just one moment, I get a flashback to that time again"

- Flashback by After School

**

Having only slept for a few hours, she wakes up once again. Emotionless, she sits on the bed's edge. She looks behind to see another woman sleeping like a kid. She stands up and tiptoes to the bathroom to take a nice hot shower. It's still the middle night and everyone is probably sleeping in the grand hotel. After standing and letting the water flow on her milky skin, she hops off and starts drying her body with a towel attached to the door's back. She ruffles her hair a few times before feeling it's enough dry. She brushes it and gets back into the room, completely dry. She kneels down near the bed and picks up all the clothes on the floor. She clips back on her bra before slipping back on her hoodie. She pulls back her shorts and her socks before putting on her ankle boots. She goes back into the bathroom to wash that toy to only discard it in its package in the garbage can near the front door. She sits back on bed to neatly fold that woman's clothes and places them near the lamp. She sees the paper she had placed at night and crumbles it. She picks out a new card and taps her pen against her chin. She walks around the bed to stand in front of the room's only window. She draws the curtains away enough to see the light of the shining moon. She looks at it a few seconds before starting to draw on her card. She turns it around and writes a few words.

She pulls the sheets on her, looking at her. She cups her cheek with her left hand. To the cold touch, the older girl flinches but doesn't wakes up. She only turns to give her back to which the younger one sighs. She walks to the door, her bag in hand. She catches a quick glance again before shutting the door.

She doesn't knock and enters with her keys into the house. She directly goes into the kitchen and prepares a coffee to herself. While waiting, she opens the fridge's door and looks inside to whatever her sister might've hidden in it. She takes out three muffins, one triple chocolate, one cinnamon and one caramel.  She puts them in a paper bag and tosses them into her bag. She takes out a thermo cup and pours in her already boiling coffee. She add a spoon of honey and mixes well. She closes it with a lid and places it well in her bag also. She walks down to the garage to take her helmet on her way. She walks her motorcycle outside and stand in the night, feeling the breeze in her hair. She places her bag on her back and puts on her helmet. She drives off to neverland.

**

It's already 8:45am. She messes up the sheets on her with her hand running through them and her legs dancing with the air. One eye opens suddenly, the second follows it. She blinks a few times before putting her arm infront of her eyes. She removes it, her eyes slowly adjusting to the brightness. She slowly sits up with the help of her elbow against the bed. She feels a migraine making its way into her brain. She holds her forehead, looking around. She's in a brown painted room. There's a door with a small crack, revealing a bathroom. A lamp on her left, with her clothes neatly folded just next to it. At her right, a window occupying the whole wall. The red curtain is letting out a thin ray of light inside. She looks down, her messy sheets cove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter