Chapter 6, Kibum, Kibum, Kibum. (I Love You So Much.)

Forever. (My Jongkey fanfic.)

 

Kibum
 
I wake up on the  couch, my left nostril fully plugged. I hate hate hate being sick, but now Jonghyun hyung isn't here to take care of me. I tear up at the thought, and stand up. I stumble to the kitchen and open the fridge, whacking my fingers in between the handle and the wall.
 
"AHH~!!" I scream, letting the handle go and waving my hand around. "JONGHYUN OPPA!!" I cover my mouth, realizing what I just said, and the fact that I sounded like a girl. I grab the milk carton and walk back to the couch, slamming the carton on the coffee table and curling up. I let out a huge coughing fit I'd been holding in, and my face gets all hot. I hate being sick. I turn on the tv, sit on the couch curled into a ball, and cough my heart out. I send Jonghyun hyung a text saying to pick up cough syrup, and start flipping through the channels.
 
"Jonghyun hyung..." I whisper, tearing up. "I miss you..."
 
 
                                                         ********************************
 
 
Later, when Jonghyun hyung comes back, I'm hunched over the toilet, throwing up all the food I ate today.
 
"KIBUM!?" He runs to my side and rubs my back.
 
"H-hi, Jonghyun h-hyung..." I say, throwing up more.
 
"Kibum, my God, I need to get you something..."
 
"I'm f-ine...." I hold back another lurch, because there's nothing left to vomit.
 
"I'm going to the drugstore, I'll be back with-" he starts, but then I whimper at my stomach growling angrily at me for letting it's food escape. "I'll call Taemin."
 
He then picks me up and carries me to my bed, laying me down lightly and turning on the radio. He then pulls out his phone and leaves the room. I lay there for a while, coughing and crying, when finally he comes back in and tells me Taemin will grab some medicine for me on his way over. Then, he sits next to me and pulls me onto his lap, rubbing my back as I hack and cough more.
 
"I'll help you feel better, I promise." he whispers. It's a good thing my cheeks are already red from coughing, because I would've blushed so hard just then.
 
Later, Taemin comes in with medicine for me, and ramen for when I feel better. Jonghyun hyung hands me the medicine, and I take it. Then I freak out.
 
"WHAT IF I HAVE TO EAT SOMETHING FIRST!?" I scream.
 
"You don't!" Taemin says, pointing to the lable. "I checked!"
 
"Oh..." I calm down a bit. "Okay...."
 
"You'll be fine, as long as I'm here." Jonghyun hyung says, petting my hair. He has no idea how right he is. Or- does he!? He might....
 
 
                                                              ******************************
 
 
After a sleepless night, Jonghyun calls us both in sick for school... I'm surprised when I see him in the livingroom, because he's already made coffee, and is standing at the window looking out at the beautiful water.
 
"Good morning, Jonghyun hyung..." I say in my scratchy sick voice.
 
"Good morning, my sweet Kibum...." Jonghyun says. MY SWEET!? Dear Lord, let this please be real, and not a fever dream.
 
I blush and walk up next to him, looking out at the blue water, with hints of gold in it, from the bright sun shining down on it. Out of nowhere, he wraps his arm around my waist, and pulls me into his side, hugging me tight.
 
"Jonghyun hyung..." I say quietly.
 
"Yes Kibummie?" he says, kissing the top of my head. Kibummie...
 
"Uhm..." I mumble, blushing again.
 
"Hm?" He seems to be feeling my hair with his lips. "I love your  hair, Kibum..."
 
"I-I-...." I stutter, not meaning to. He chuckles and kisses my cheek. My face is burning up,and I know he can feel it.
 
"What's wrong?" he asks, looking at my face that's probably brick red.
 
"N-nothing..." I say, looking over at the water again.
 
"You're warm." he says, holding his hand on my forhead. "You feeling okay?"
 
"Just a little..." I start. "Dizzy."
 
"Dizzy?" I can hear his smirk. "Maybe you should sit down." He pulls me to the couch and sits me down, turning on the tv and giving me a box of tissues.
 
"Thank you, Jonghyun hyung..." I say, hugging the tissue box.
 
"Anything," he says, kissing my head again. "for my favorite person."
 
After that, it was hard to focus on the tv. I couldn't think very straigh, and my fever didn't help that at all. I curl up on the couch again after taking a bathroom break, and seeing that Jonghyun is gone. Not in his room either... I cough up something yellow, and almost lose my crackers. (That's all I had for breakfast. You know, "Starve a fever, stuff a cold.") I start watching the tv, and thinkning about Jonghyun... After a couple coughing fits, my fever seems to be proud of it's doings, and settles down a bit. Now I have a throat that feels like sandpaper, and my chest feels tight, like there's a black hole in my lungs, keeping me from breathing. I start to panic a bit, because with Jonghyun gone, I could get hurt. What if he doesn't get back in time, and I suffocate!? Would he be able to do anything anyway!? Then I really start to panic, because I kind of feel like I can't breathe. And next thing I know, I'm literaly slamming my fingers on the phone to call Jonghyun, because I can't breathe at all anymore.
 
"Hello?" Jonghyun answers.
 
I can't say anything. I can't breathe, and my eyes are going blurry.
 
"Hellooo?" he says into the phone, checking to see who it is. "Kibum?"
 
I manage to squeek out a "Help" before passing out.
 
 
                                                       ********************************
 
 
When I wake up again, I'm in the hospital. I look around at everything, and then-
 
"KIBUM!" Jonghyun hyung yells, just entering the room with food for two.
 
I open my mouth to say something, but then I realize there's a tube going down my throat.
 
"No!" Jonghyun says. "Don't do that, just leave it, please!"
 
I realize I was about to yank it out, and let my hand fall on my chest.
 
"How are you feeling?" he asks, sitting next to my bed. "I bet you feel like crap..."
 
I actually feel pretty good right now... One: Jonghyun saved my life. Two: They must've given me antibiodics, because I feel like my fever and cold are gone. All that's left is the stabbing pain in my lungs.
 
"Feel better, okay?" he says, petting my hair. Oh God, I must look like crap. Just because you don't feel like crap, doesn't mean you don't look like crap.
 
I take a deep breath, and feel my lungs painfully expand. Then let it out, and my lungs feel happy to not have the air in them. I take tiny breaths to keep from killing my lungs again.
 
"Please don't hurt yourself..." Jonghyun says, eyeing my chest. It still hurts to breathe, but I can deal. "I want you to be happy, and feel good..."
 
I blush at his caring for me. He feels my cheeks at the suddon color.
 
"Are you too warm? Too cold?" he says, worry in his tone. "I can get you a better blanket, or a fan?"
 
I smile as best I can. (It's a little hard with a tube going down your throat.) I shake my head and hold his hand, wanting so bad to curl up on his lap right now. But I can't, because I'm connected to tons of wires and tubes and an IV.
 
"I'll get you anything you want." Jonghyun says after a long pause. I wonder what's going through his head right now...