Chapter 2, What Will Become Of This?

Forever. (My Jongkey fanfic.)

 

Jonghyun
 
I run home and pull out my keys. I drop them and cuss out loud. I bend over and pick them up, shoving the wrong key into the lock. Hearing the lock groan in protest to open the door, I flip to the right key and kick the damn door open.
 
"JONGHYUNNIE!!!" Sekyung screams from the livingroom.
 
"OW, WHAT!?" I yell, walking in.
 
"Oh thank God, I thought you were a burgler."
 
"A burgler with a key?" I shake my head and hand her the chocolate milk.
 
"JONGHYUNNIE!!" she yells. "THIS IS THE WRONG KIND!!!"
 
"What!?" I scream, grabbing it back. "I COULD'VE SWORN I HAD THE RIGHT-" Sekyung cuts me off.
 
"JONGHYUN, MUST I DO EVERYTHING MYSELF!?"
 
"I guess so." I flop down on the couch and turn on the tv. "If you want to, I mean. I never was one for doing stuff right..."
 
"WELL, THAT'S OBVIOUS. YOU CAN'T EVEN GET THE MILK BRAND RIGHT!!!"
 
"It's not like you need the extra fat..." I mutter.
 
"WHAT!?" she screaches. "DID YOU JUST CALL ME FAT!?"
 
"No!" I say, pretending to be shocked. "WHY WOULD I CALL A STICK FIGURE LIKE YOU, FAT!?"
 
"...." She just stares at me for a while. Then she crawls onto the couch next to me and whines like a sick puppy. "I still want chocolate milk..."
 
"I can make some?" I say, petting her hair. "I have chocolate syrup, you know..."
 
"No, I want store baught." She pokes my face. I sigh.
 
"Alright." I get up, letting her fall where I was, and walk to the kitchen. I always have to do what she wants. Don't ask me why. I pull out the milk and chocolate
syrup. I grab a cup and pour in some milk, and, squeezing the chocolate syrup bottel as hard as I can, I fill the glass halfway with chocolate. Just how she likes it. I stir it nicely, and come back out.
 
"I forgot I already had some that I baught yesterday." I say, handing it to her.
 
"JONGHYUNNIE!!" she squeales, gulping down as much chocolate milk as she can in two seconds - Which is about half the tall glass.
 
"Yep," I say, sitting back down. "I know, I'm awesome."
 
"Hmm..." she says, looking at the glass. "It's not chocolatey enough."
 
"Oh, really?" I say, starting to sweat. I know what's about to happen, and I can't run this time. She jumps off the couch and grabs a pillow, giving my face a firm WHACK!
 
"DON'T LIE TO ME!!!" she screams, hitting me again and again. Why do I go through this? Because- well, I have no idea.
 
"SEKYUNG!" I scream. "MY COLLAGE APPLICATION!!" I remember that I signed up for some collage at some point... I don't remember which one, but it was in Korea for sure...
 
"OMG!!!" she screams, running to the mail slot. "I TOTALLY FORGOT!!" She runs back with a packet and a letter from the same place. Oh, that's right! The Seoul Institute of the Arts! I've wated to go there since grade school... The packet is asigned to me, and the letter to Sekyung. She applied just because I did.
 
"I want to open mine first." I say, taking the packet and ripping it open and reading aloud.
 
"Dear, Kim Jonghyun," it says in Korean.
 
"We are happy to inform you that your qualifications meet the S.I.A. standards."
Sekyung hugs me and I keep reading, my voice trembling.
 
"We are also happy to inform you that your ticket is paid in full, and should be inclosed in this packet. Along with your school schedual, and a map of the campus."
 
"JONGHYUNNIE, YOU GOT IIINN!!!" Sekyung says, hugging and kissing me.
 
"Yep. Now open yours." I say, pointing to hers.
 
"Okay!" She rips the letter open and reads it sighlently. Then she bursts into tears. "I DIDN'T GET IN JONGHYUNNIE!!! THEY SAID I DIDN'T MEET THE
STANDARDS!!!!" She throws herself onto me, and I rub her back.
 
"Shh it's okay." I say soothingly. "I'll write you every day."
 
"WHAT!?" She pulls back and stares at me in disbelief. "YOU'RE ACTUALLY GOING!?"
 
"Well, yeah. One, I got accepted, and two, it's in Korea, and the ticket is paid for."
 
"JONGHYUNNIE-"
 
"I'm going, and I'll write you every day." I cover and start to sing quietly. I can't explain it, but I feel better knowing Sekyung wont be there...