Chapter 11, Wonderwall.

Forever. (My Jongkey fanfic.)

 

Jonghyun
 
On the ride home, Kibum fell asleep on the bus and layed his head in my lap. Once we got to the dorms, I had to drag him inside and lay him in his bed.
 
He's still sound asleep, so I decide to go to the livingroom and watch some tv. I turn the tv on and the first thing I see is the news.
 
"And here we have the scene of the crash-" the news announcer says.
 
Crash?
 
"The two students from the Seoul Institute of the Arts have been rushed to the hospital, one in critical condition-"
 
The school- is it someone we know?
 
"We have been given clearance to give the name of the boy in critical condition. Lee Taemin-"
 
"Oh no-" I jump up and run out the door, grabbing my car keys and bolting for my car. Not Taemin, why did it have to be Taemin!?
 
 
                                                     ******************************
 
 
I make it to the hospital at three AM, because it was a long drive, plus the trafic from the accident. I run to the desk and franticly ask for Taemin, and the lady says he's in sergery. Oh . is all I can think. I don't want to think about how Kibum would feel if he found out. I sit in the chair and wait for the lady at the desk to tell me he's been moved to a room.
 
"Kim Jonghyun?" the desk lady calls. I shoot up, super worried. "Lee Taemin has been moved to a room, you can go see him now."
 
I dash down the hall to Taemin's room, but the nurse wont let me in untill he's asleep, so I spend another half hour sitting in the hallway. After he's asleep, I go in and see the damages. His face is all scratched and bandaged up. There's a bandage around his head, meaning he must have hit it on something, and his left hand is bandaged too. His face is tearstained like he's been crying, and his neck has a bandage on it too. The poor boy. In an accident and this banged up- it's horrible.
 
I sit in a chair next to his bed, trying not to cry. I can only hope that Kibum doesn't have a nightmare tonight, because if he did, he'd see I'm gone and freak out.
 
 
                                               ************************************
 
 
The next morning, my back is stiff and my neck hurts. I notice Taemin hasn't moved an ince, which means he's hurt so bad, they needed to use the strong drugs to keep him still so he could heal. I check my phone for Kibum's calls. As soon as I hit the button to wake up my phone, it says I have twenty-four missed calls. I call back right away.
 
"JONGHYUN OPPA!!" Kibum yells, sounding releaved. "I WAS SO CLOSE TO CALLING THE POLICE!!!"
 
"Don't. I'm at the hospital-" As soon as I said it, I knew I should've lied.
 
"THE HOSPITAL!?"
 
"N-no- not for me!" I have to tell him now. "T-Taemin- was in an accident..."
 
"TAEMIN!?" I can hear him slamming the door behind him.
 
"I'll come pick you up, don't try to walk all the way here." I get up and go to the door.
 
"J-Jong-hyun-" I hear a broken voice behind me. I turn around and see that Taemin has woken up.
 
"Taemin!" I run back to his side.
 
"M-my- head- hurts-" he croaks out.
 
"Okay, I'll get a nurse, and I need to go pick up Kibum. We'll be back as soon as possible."
 
"O-okay..." He gets teary eyed, and I know I have to hurry. I run out and tell a nurse about his head and run outside to my car. I drive back to the dorm, only to find Kibum trying to walk onto a freeway. I pick him up and start driving back.
 
"Is he okay!?" Kibum keeps asking me that question.
 
"The doctor said he'll be fine. He just has to recover." I answer again.
 
"... Who else was in the car?" he asks after a pause.
 
"I don't know." I drive into the parking lot and park fairly close to the entrence. We get out and go to Taemin's room.
 
When we get there, Kibum bursts into tears.
 
"T-Taemin-" he stutters. I help him sit down in a chair and tell him to be quiet because Taemin's still asleep.
 
After a while, Taemin wakes up, and we ask him who else was in the car with him.
 
"I-I think it was Minho, but I'm not sure..." he answers.
 
"Minho!?" Kibum yells.
 
"O-ow-" Taemin tears up at Kibum's loud squeek.
 
"Kibum, quiet down." I say, putting a hand on his shoulder.
 
"Sorry..." he says, shifting in his seat.
 
"He was driving and- there was this guy in another car and- h-he sped through a light and-" Taemin starts crying from just remembering it.
 
"Shh!" Kibum says, taking Taemin's hand. "Don't think about it."
 
Then a doctor comes in and tells us we have to leave, saying Taemin has to rest and that his heart rate needs to stay the same. Kibum knows that means that with his diva outbreaks, Taemin's heart rate will only get faster. We leave and start driving back to the dorms.
 
Once we get there, Kibum goes to his room, saying he needs more sleep. I sit on the windowsil and look out at the water, like usual. But this time when I look out, I don't see any boats. I don't see anything in the water at all. It's an erie feeling that doesn't go away for the rest of the day. I go out and buy dinner and still don't see anything in the water, so I try not to think about it. When I get back, Kibum is watching the news.
 
"...and the suspissions have been confirmed. There was indeed a body found at the bottom of the-"
 
"A body!?" I say, shocked. I grab my phone and call Taemin, just because I have a terrible feeling.
 
"Hello?" he answers. I don't know why I thought it was Taemin, but I'm glad it's not.
 
"Yeah," Kibum says, sighing. "they found a girl tied to a brick under the water out there. That's why there's no one in the water today."
 
"U-uhm- nevermind Taemin. How are you feeling?"
 
"Better."
 
"Good. I'll call later okay?"
 
"Okay. Bye~!" Taemin hangs up and I turn my attention to the tv.
 
"...police have given us permission to release her name. Her name is Park Hana-" Kubum turns the tv off, huffing.
 
"No one we know." he says, getting up.
 
"But- a girl's still dead-"
 
"But it's not our problem." Kibum takes his food and goes to his room, slamming the door.
 
What's with him?
 
 
                                                 **************************************
 
 
The next morning, Kibum is gone. I call to see where he went, but he doesn't answer. I call again, wondering if he just didn't get to his phone in time. But he still doesn't answer. I try not to think about it, getting up to go to the livingroom. I look out at the water with an unsettled feeling in my heart. I can't ignore this. I have to find Kibum. Whether he wants me to or not.
 
 
 
 


 

Kibum's gonna be an idiot in the next chapter, and it's gonna cost himm~~

Just sayin'

Anyway, yeah, next chapter going up when I finish the editssss

Stay tuneddd

 

Love you all to pieces~!! <3