Chapter 5, School's Cool - When No One's There.

Forever. (My Jongkey fanfic.)

 

Jonghyun
 
It's been two weeks since me and Kibum got here in Seoul Korea. We've had a blast the first week, then started school the second. It was everything I wanted and more. Kibum always got up and made coffee, and I always got to use the shower first, because I realized Kibum takes VERY LONG SHOWERS.
Right now, I'm walking down the road to get some rice from a vendor on the street. Yes, that's where we usually eat. Vendors have the best food. I order two to-go bowls of rice and ask to throw in some soy sauce on top. I come here around lunch time every day, and me and Kibum are already regulars there. I pay them and give a bigger tip than usual, and walk back to the dorms, opening the gate with my foot. When I get to the door, I knock with my foot and Kibum answers the door.
 
"Jonghyun!" he yelps. "Hurry, come in!" He seems excited about something, and when I get in, I see why. There's a boy sitting on the couch. With his mushroom hair, and his girly face, I can only assume he's one of Kibum's friends.
 
"Who's this?" I ask, setting the rice bowls down.
 
"Taemin!" Kibum says. "He came all this way, and is staying here with us for a while!!"
 
"Um, Kibum-" I start, but Little Mushroom Boy cuts in.
 
"I'm not staying here here. I'm staying in a hotel across the street." he says. He answered the question I was about to ask.
 
"Oh, okay. Nevermind." I say, turning back to the rice bowls. "You should've told me, so I could get you some rice too."
 
"I'm fine," Taemin says. "I ate already, it's fine."
 
"Oh, good." Kibum says, sitting next to Taemin. "There's so much I've missed! Tell me everything!" He and Taemin start talking about people I've never heard of, and I hear mention of Sekyung, and I almost drop my rice. I've been here for two weeks, and I haven't wrote her one letter. No phone call, no email, no letter, nothing. She must either think I'm dead, or breaking up with her. Which I might be... But it's still bad. I promised to write her, and I never did, not even once.
 
 
                                                            ********************************
 
 
It's already bed time, and I still forgot to write Sekyung a letter. Yeah, I know, great boyfriend. But honestly, I don't really like her anymore... Maybe I'll write her a letter saying we have to break up... But then again, she might burn my house down if I do... But I might be moving here anyway... So I'll do it. If she burns my house down, she'll just be burning a bridge. And I don't really know if that's good or not, but that's the nuttiest bridge I've ever seen, and I don't care to see it in ashes. Sort of sorry Sekyung, but not really.
 
I sit at my desk and write the letter saying me and Sekyung are through. I seal it nicely, with her name on it in cursive, and put it in the box of things I'm sending to her. Little things I found in Seoul that she might like. I seal the box, put her address on it, and go down to the mail area. I leave it there, and walk back to my room- Only to find Kibum waiting for me.
 
"Jonghyun hyung..." he says, his eyes damp.
 
"What's wrong?" I ask, my heart speeding up at the sight of him crying again. I walk over and whipe his eyes before the tears can spill over.
 
"Th-there's a- m-m-monster in my closet!" he says, throwing his arms around my neck and hiding his face in my chest. I blush, then rub his back.
 
"I'll get it." I say in a hushed tone. I walk with him to his room, open the door, and go to the closet.
 
"N-no," Kibum says in protest. "it'll kill me!"
 
"No it wont," I say, flinging the closet door open. "because it's not there."
 
"Oh, thank God!" Kibum hugs me again and starts tearing up again.
 
Something came over me then.
 
I put my fingers under his chin, lift his head, and kiss him. Right there, in his room. His lips are soft, but strong at the same time. I kiss him softly for a while, then I pull back and stare into his eyes, which are filled to the brim with confusion, happiness, fear, and the most important to me right now: Love.
 
 
                                                     ***********************************
 
 
The next morning, we had lots of classes to get to. When I got up and went out of my room, I noticed the coffee machine wasn't on, and the tv was off too.
 
That's weird... Kibum always turns on the tv in the morning... I run to Kibum's door and knock once before opening it. I see Kibum curled up on his bed, eyes completely bloodshot, hadn't slept a wink. I run over and sit him up.
 
"KIBUM!?" I say, super worried. "ARE YOU ALRIGHT!?"
 
"I'm so tired, Jonghyun hyung..." he mumbles. I can feel his heart, and it's too fast. I feel his head, and he's got a fever.
 
"Kibum, you're sick." I pick him up and walk to the couch, setting him down and going to get some tea for him.
 
"No..." Kibum tries to get up, but I sit him back down and hand him a mug with tea in it.
 
"Go to sleep, Kibum, you really really need it." I pet his hair and sit next to him. He scoots father away from me, then lays his head in my lap. Just like on the bus. I sit there petting his hair, eyeing the clock for about five minutes. Then I - finally - hear Kibum's quiet snore, and slowly I get up, putting a pillow under his head. I run and grab my bag and bolt out the door. I have seconds to get across campus to the building I need to be in. It takes five minutes to walk, so it shouldn't take long to run. But then, after I pass the first of four buildings on the way, I hear the warning bell. Three minutes? Impossible... But true apperantly, because when I get to the building, I'm just on time.