Chapter 14, Graduation.

Forever. (My Jongkey fanfic.)

 

Kibum
 
I feel like I'm floating. Or falling... Maybe drifting? I don't even know. Maybe all three. I kind of feel like I'm in the middle of the ocean, where the water is dead still. Maybe I'm dead. I can't see anything and all I hear is- nothing. I feel blind and deff. Hopefully I'm not, but I feel completely awake. But I also feel like I'm dreaming. Then I hear something I feel like I haven't heard in a really long time. Jonghyun's voice.
 
"....wake up........love you......please......Kibum....." is all I can make out from what he's saying. I want to answer him, but I don't even know if I'm dreaming or not. I hope I'm not dead. I really want to be alive for Graduation. And for other reasons...
 
I try to figure everything and try to get out of this fog. That's what it is. I feel like I'm stuck in a deep fog, and I'm lost. I need to follow Jonghyun's voice out of it.
 
 
                                             *****************************************
 
 
After "wandering" around in the fog, I finally hear Jonghyun's voice clearly, but I'm so tired. But I feel like I'm already sleeping... Anyway, I need to take a break and rest while I try to figure out what's going on from what he's saying. He sounds like he's talking to someone else, but he must be talking to me.
 
"So, Graduation is coming up." he says. "I know, it's a big deal. I can't wait to see everyone again... If you wake up by then, w-we can go together and see everyone and talk to Minho- he's  graduating too you know... Taemin will be in the crowd, watching. He graduates maybe next year..."
 
He kind of rambles on after that. Graduation!? Last time I checked, it was TWO YEARS to Graduation!! I couldn't have been out THAT long, right!? But I must have... Because Jonghyun says Graduation is in a week. I can't believe it's been two years. Two whole years since I've been awake. I feel awake now. I try to open my eyes as hard as I can, trying to see Jonghyun's face, trying to see the room, trying to see- period.
 
I try for at least ten minutes, and finally-
 
"Jonghyun." I say, opening my eyes for the first time in two years. "Jonghyun."
 
 
                                            ****************************************
 
Jonghyun
 
"Jonghyun." I hear a beautiful voice say. I must be dreaming again. Dreaming while I'm awake. Having delusions. It happens.
 
"Jonghyun." he says again, clearer now. Okay, that's a little weird... Usually they're fuzzy, like I can't get to him....
 
"Jonghyun-" This time, he says something that convinces me it's real. "- if you're just going to ignore me, I'll go back into my coma." I snap my head up and see Kibum's beautiful face, looking right at me. I've forgotten how he looked with his eyes open. His eyebrows are set, and his lips turned in a frown. It's the best thing in the world.
 
I don't even say anything before my lips are attatched to his. His hair is still perfect, whereas mine is a nightmare.
 
Before I can even hug him, he pushes me off.
 
"BRUSH YOUR TEETH, TAKE A SHOWER, AND SCRUB YOUR FACE. THEN WE'LL TALK." he says, fanning himself. Oh yeah. I'm currently a hot mess. I need a shower and a scrub down. I hop up and look at him. I want to kiss him so bad, but he's right. I smell horrifying. I run to the bathroom and into the chemical shower. Don't ask me why they have these in here. I just turn on the water, not the what-zi-who-zit acid, and start taking a shower. Then I start wondering if using this shower sets off an alarm somewhere, which it might, but I don't care. I want to be clean so I can kiss my Kibum. And hug him and be close to him in general.
 
After I take a good hour long shower, I get out and brush my teeth. A twenty minute long scrub on my face, and I just stay it my towel, becuse my clothes still smell.
 
I go back out to Kibum and see he's gotten up. He's up by the window, gaping at everything.
 
"It looks- different..." he says like a small child at Disneyland. "The world looks different... I feel like that guy in Idiocracy. The one who went into suspended animation for all those years and woke up to find the world got stupid, and he was the smartest guy on earth."
 
"Yeah, that was a good movie..." I say, clearing my throat. It's all dry and scratchy.
 
Everything IS different, but in more ways than one. Kibum can get used to it though.
 
I know he can.
 
 
                                              *****************************************
 
Kibum
 
After three days of recoup, I'm already used to everything. Actually, not much had changed. But something I'm really upset about is the street vendor moved.
 
We don't have rice anymore. I almost cried about that. But I did cry when I saw how big Taemin got... I couldn't help it.
 
Me and Jonghyun have to take TONS of make-up classes, but the school says we should still be able to graduate if we get everything done in time. Taemin will be in the crowd, not graduating yet. Minho will graduate along with me and Jonghyun. We wont be right next to each other, but we're all graduating together. I can't wait for Graduation!
 
 
                                                *****************************************
 
 
It's the day before Graduation, rehearsal day. Jonghyun got me new make up, because he left my other make up in my room. With the window open. And, natually, it MELTED. I was DEVISTATED!! All that money, WASTED ON MELTED MAKE UP!!!
 
But it wasn't his fault... He never left my side in the hospital, so I let him off the hook when he got me new make up.
 
ANYWAY, Taemin despratly wants to see the caps and gowns. But we only get to wear them on the reheasal day and on Graduation Day. We don't even get to take them to our dorms.
 
Minho is really preocupied with a lot of work for the school. He can't even come to the graduation rehearsal. He has lots of paperwork to do. He bearly has time to hang out with Taemin!
 
Well, he is the secritary's son. He must have a whole bunch of things to get ready for for tomorrow. Not just his own graduation, but the whole senior class's graduation.
 
Jonghyun wants to go out for dinner tonight, and I asked why not tomorrow, with everyone.
 
"Because you wont want to tomorrow." was his answer. I don't know what that means, but I just said okay.
 
I can't wait to try on my cap and gown! I really want to see how Jonghyun looks in his. But more importantly, do we get to chose colors? Because I want pink.
 
Jonghyun goes and asks if we get to even wear them today, and they said no! We can only wear them on Graduation Day. UGH!! How frustrating.
 
 
                                               ****************************************
 
 
After the rehearsal, we practice like everone else. We use the stairs to our dorms to remember our steps be have to take in the theatre, and do them in reverse. After a while, my legs get tired and Jonghyun carries me to our dorm. Taemin comes over a little later with Minho and we decide to have a slumber party. It's the day before Graduation.
 
"Hey guys!" Taemin yells, coming in.
 
"Hi guys." Minho says in a quieter tone.
 
"Hi!" I say, jumping up and taking their sleeping bags.
 
"So, I bought marshmellows!" Taemin squeeks.
 
"And chocolate, and grahm crackers." Minho finishes.
 
"YAY SMORES!!" I yell. I drop their bags and pull Taemin to the livingroom and we start talking.
 
"They kind of seem like girls..." I hear Jonghyun whisper. I turn around and glare at him, making him shut up.
 
"I can't wait to see you guys in your caps and gowns!" Taemin squeeks.
 
"I- could wait another week or two..." I say reluctantly. I really wish I had more time to mentally get ready. I've been in a coma for freaking two years, why do they look surprised?
 
"Well, I could wait too." Minho says, breaking the sighlence.
 
"Me three." Jonghyun says sadly.
 
"WHOA." Taemin says loudly. "I JUST FELT THE HAPPY VIBE DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH, HOLY CRAP."
 
We all crack up after that. And soon we're playing games like truth or dare and spin the bottle. Whoever the bottle points to gets a punch in the arm and they have to switch seats. We don't play for kisses. That's not how boys play spin the bottle.
 
After a while, Minho pulls out a book of scary stories to be told in the dark. I turn off all the lights and close the windows. It's pitch black.
 
"NO IT'S TOO DARK!!" Taemin screams, franticly turning his phone on.
 
"Taemin, calm down." Jonghyun says.
 
"Taemin, just stay next to me, you'll be fine in the dark." Minho says, pulling Taemin down and sitting him down. "Just don't run away."
 
"O-okay..." Taemin says quietly, turning his phone off to hide his blush.
 
"Okay, let's hear the stories!" Jonghyun says, keeping me close. I'm scared of the dark too, but not as bad as Taemin.
 
"Okay..." Minho opens the book and Taemin holds his cell phone over it so Minho can read.
 
"It was a dark, cold night... Deep within a forest... Some children were playing in their yard, just about to go inside.... But one of the little girls said, 'I saw something in the forest!'"
 
We all shudder at Minho's high voice, because it's scary.
 
"One of the boys said, 'I saw it too!' so the kids slowly made their way to the edge of the forest. the little boy then said, 'I dare Mary to stand here all night!'. Mary didn't want to, but she said she would anyway. The other kids went back inside, and Mary stayed there... All night...."
 
We all curl up in anticipation.
 
"The next morning, the kids went to get Mary... But she wasn't there. 'Guess she got scared!' the little boy that dared her said. That night, the little boy, James, heard something outside. He got up to see what it was, but when he opened his curtains, Mary was standing there. James lives on the second floor. Mary's face was covered in blood, and her eyes were missing. James let out a scream that could be heard in Africa."
 
Taemin squeeks, but Minho continues.
 
"James fainted then, and the next morning, the two other kids found him dead on his floor. One of his eyes were missing. The other girl, Amber, wanted to find out what happened. So she decided to stay up that night, and see if Mary's ghost would come out. She stayed up untill midnight struck, and then she heard a knock at her door. Amber got up to get it, but her door opened on it's own, showing no one in the hall."
 
Taemin's shaking now, and so am I.
 
"Amber looked into the dark hall and called, 'Mary? Did you kill James? Mary?'. She then proceeded to walk down the hall into the bathroom, where the moonlight shined through... It was there she heard a voice... 'Amber, Amber,' Mary's voice cried out. 'James was a baaad boy, he was mean and cruel!' Amber was frozen in fear, and just before she turned to run, she felt an ice cold hand on her arm. She turned her head, and Mary was in the mirror, screaming. Mary had one eye, and it was James' eye. Mary kept screaming and began to pull Amber into the mirror, scratching at her face."
 
Taemin drops his phone, ruining the moment, but certainly not sorry. He picks up his phone again and holds it with two hands.
 
"The next morning, no one could find Amber. All that the last boy found was one of her eyes on the bathroom floor. The last boy, Adam, was scared out of his mind, thinking he was next. But then his family moved, and he was safe."
 
I let out a sigh of releaf.
 
"But then, a new family moved in, bringing new children as well. Seventeen year old Carly was in James' old room, and twelve year old Georgia was in Mary's room. Every night, before Georgia went to bed, she heard a voice come from the bathroom connected to Mary's room. 'Leave now, it's bad here!' it would whisper. Georgia never told anyone what she heard, because she thought no one would believe her. Then, one day, she told Carly. Carly dared Georgia to go into the bathroom, and sleep in there."
 
"No..." Taemin squeeks.
 
"Georgia accepted the challenge," Minho continues. "and stayed in the bathroom. The next day, Carly found Georgia in the bathtub, completely fine. 'I told you you'd be fine.' Carly said at breakfast. That night, Georgia went into Carly's room and woke her up. 'What?' Carly said, tired. 'MARY WILL COME FOR YOU IN THREE DAYS TIME. IF YOU ARE STILL HERE, ENTER THE SMALL ONE'S ROOM AND PROCEED TO THE BATHROOM TO MEET YOUR DOOM.' Then Georgia ran out and out of the house, to the edge of the woods."
 
"M-Minho, maybe we- should stop..." I say, my voice trembling.
 
"Calm down, it's just a story." Jonghun says, squishing me in a hug.
 
"Carly found her dead there the next day." Minho reads on. "Carly was scared for her life, but in three days, she went into the bathroom of Mary's room. What happened there, we will never know. But no one ever saw Carly again. All that was left... Were her eyes. They sat in the sink, staring back ot you, telling you to leave this horrid house. This is the story of Bloody Mary...."
 
Just then, I hear something in the bathroom, and I scream my head off. Jonghyun slaps his hand over my mouth and Taemin runs for the light switch, turning on the lights. Then he starts crying, and so do I.
 
"Shh, Taemin, calm down." Minho gets up fast and hugs Taemin, petting his hair.
 
"Kibum, please don't cry." Jonghyun pulls me down and keeps my head in his lap, petting my hair. I kind of feel like me and Taemin are the girlfriends and Minho and Jonghyun are the boyfriends. When in reality- no. I'm not saying it. It sounds weird to me.
 
 
                                             ******************************************
 
 
After a while, Taemin gets sleepy and Minho puts him to bed in his sleeping bag. I'm getting tired too, so I say goodnight and go to my room. Taemin moved his sleeping bag in my room and Minho's sleeping bag in Jonghyun's room.
 
"Do you ever wonder what it's like?" Taemin says after a while. I thought he was asleep...
 
"What what's like?" I ask.
 
"Being in a family with someone you love. No- having a family with someone you love."
 
"O-oh... I don't know.... I wonder that sometimes..." Honestly I have. I've thought about it a lot.
 
"But- Minho works for the school, and I'm in college for another year, so it's not really possible, huh?"
 
"... I guess not...." I've never actually wished Jonghyun would prepose though. That'd be silly. He's not that kind of guy, I don't think.
 
"I wish he'd ask anyway..." Taemin sounds like he's about to fall asleep.
 
"Maybe he will." I say, rolling over and turning my nightlight on and the room light off.
 
Soon I hear his small snores, and I'm exsausted. I relax my muscles and fall asleep, dreaming of darkness.
 
 
 


And then it was a three mile long chapter...?

Why did I do that?

Whatever, two chapters going up tomorrow hopefully.