Chapter 1 ~First Encounter~

L.A I'm in Love

 

It had decided that there would be a K-Pop concert in Los Angeles which was involved many artist from South Korea and SNSD was on the list. It wasn’t their first time to perform in other country. They did it alot in SMTOWN’s concert but still, it was exciting for these beautifull nine girls.

“Waa!! L.A i’m coming!!” Said Sooyoung happily while packing her things.

“Yeah! I’m really excited!” Said Sunny.

“Ah~ i wish i could go together with you, but i have a test at university” Said Seohyun. The maknae who diligently study on her book.

“It’s alright, Maknae! You’ll still arive in L.A at last” Said Taeyeon.

“Hng~ but i want to go together with you~” She whined.

“You’re not going to skip your test right?” Asked Hyoyeon.

“Of course no!”

“So stop whinning and just study.”

Seohyun pouted to Hyoyeon but she did what she suggested, she continued to read her book.

 

***

 

“Hyung~ we’ll fly to L.A!! It feels surreal!” Shouted Jungshin excitedly.

“Daebak, isn’t it? We make you high! I’m ready for this!” Said Yonghwa, smiled and hummed their song.

“I believe we can go international!” Said Minhyuk.

“Hope so! Although we still have a long way to go!” Added Jonghyun, “Hyung why you haven’t packed your things yet? We’ll go tomorrow.”

“Ah! I forget to tell you. I have some individual schedule tomorrow.” Said Yonghwa

“Oh. So you’ll go alone? When?” Asked Jonghyun.

“The day after tomorrow.”

“But you still have to pack and prepare, Hyung.” Said Minhyuk.

“Ah~ i’ll do it tomorrow.” Said Yonghwa lazily and laid on the couch while watching his dongsaeng packed their luggage.

 

***

 

Yonghwa headed to Incheon international airport to catch up other CNBLUE members who already arrived in L.A. He checked his ticket and sighed, having trip alone was really boring. There was no other members even his manager. He was totally alone. It takes more than ten hours to get L.A and he had no friend.

“Okay. At least i bring my iPod. Music is the best friend when you’re alone.” He shrugged and headed to his plane.

He sat on his seat which was empty. He was definetly alone, even he didn’t have seatmate. He checked his phone to make sure it had already in flight mode. He got his iPod and plugged the earphone. Jason Mraz’s song started to play and ready to accompany him in this lonely journey.

“Excuse me.” Someone tapped his shoulder.

He looked at the person and couldn’t help to feel surprised.

“I am sorry, but could you move a bit so i can sit here?”

“Oh! Yes, yes. I am sorry”

He moved closer to the window and let his seatmate sat beside him. That person sat and took off the shade which covered her eyes then she put it neatly in her hand bag which was laid on her lap.

Yonghwa took a glance at her. His mouth opened then closed, tried to asked something but he little hesitate. “I am sorry,” Finally Yonghwa spoke, “are you Seohyun-ssi from SNSD?”

“Ne?” She turned to face Yonghwa, “Yes, I am.” She Said politely.

“Ah~ it’s a pleasure to sit beside you.”

“Kamsahamnida” She slightly bowed.

Yonghwa dumbfounded. He tilted his head and scratched his neck. Didn’t she recognize him? They were an idol after all. Did she doesn’t know him? For God sake! He was a charismatic leader of CNBLUE!!

She took a glance at him and pouted . She hummed and seemed like she was thinking of something. Yonghwa smiled at the gesture she made. She was just too cute with that expression and with a strange ‘ngg~’ sound from .

“Can i help you?” Finally Yonghwa asked. He knew that she wanted to say something but he felt like she was shy to initiate a conversation.

“No, thank you.” She answered shyly.

She was shy and she blushed. Yonghwa couldn’t help to feel curious. She was the member of the famous girl band SNSD. He had watched their performance and found them performed confidently. But what happened know? One of their member blushed shyly, couldn’t say anything and avoided his gaze.

She said no when he asked if there was something he could help. Normally, he would let it go and he could simply ignore her. But somehow he felt something to this girl, he had a feeling to nudged her and made her talk to him comfortably.

“I don’t know but i feel that you want to say something to me.” He started confidently.

She snapped her head and faced him, “Honestly, yes” She said with his soft voice.

“So, what is it?” He smiled at her widely, showing his toothy smile and his high cheek bone.

“Hmm, you are member of CNBLUE, right?” She said hesitately.

Finally she realized. He nodded.

“Oh! I am afraid if you are the wrong person, it will be embarrassing . Bangawoyo~” She bowed.

“Bangawoyo. Maybe i should appear more on TV” He chuckled, “I bet you don’t know my name, right?”

She nodded shyly. He should be hurt because of this, for God sake CNBLUE had been debuted for more than two years! but strangely he found it cute. How could he be angry to this adorable lady in front of him with sparkling eyes and innocent smile plastered on her face?

“Okay. Let me introduce myself. Anyeong haseyo, Jung Yonghwa imnida. I’am a leader of CNBLUE and in charge of vocal and guitar.”

“Anyeong haseyo. SNSD maknae Seohyun imnida. Bangawoyo~” She smiled and clapped her hand unknowingly.

“Why you clap your hand?” He chuckled.

“Ah~ right. I just don’t know.”

“I am sorry if i am rude but i’m just curious, Seohyun is your stage name right?”

“Maja yo~ My real name is Seo Joohyun.” She answered politely.

“And you’re a maknae right? How old are you?” He just couldn’t help to talk to her. The more he talk to her, the more he wanted to know her.

“I am 22 years old”

“Ah you have same age with Minhyuk and Jungshin.”

“Your bandmates?”

“Yes”

“Ah, I see. And how about you?” She started to active and put out her shyness.

“I am two years older than you”

“Hmm, you have a same age with my eonnies.”

“Oh, is that so?”

She nodded, “By the way, i am sorry for not recognise you earlier.”

“It’s okay.” He really mean it. It was really okay with him.

“I listen some of CNBLUE’s song but i don’t really know the member.”

“Ah really? I listen to SNSD’s song too. To be honest, i am a SONE” He winked playfully.

“Jeongmalyo?” She laughed. Her laughed was just sweet and strangely he really loved to hear it.

 

The boring trip which Yonghwa imagine turned to an exciting trip. He couldn’t believe his luck and it felt like a dream. He never imagined that he would sat beside SNSD Seohyun. They both knew that they would perform in the same music programme and exchanged their reason why they went alone without their bandmates. After had a little chit chat, he found that she was an interesting person and different. She said that she like read a self-improvement book and she looked for Ban Ki Moon UN Secretary General as her mentor. It was strange. Normally, idol took senior musician as their mentor but not in her case. And the most surprising thing was, she talked about goguma out of nowhere. She said she really loved goguma and asked him whether he liked it too or not. It was a bit awkward but it was okay for both of them.

 

***

 

“We’re here! Los Angeles here i come!” Said Yonghwa with english accent.

Seohyun found it funny and chuckled.

“Wae?” He asked.

“Aniyo.” She shook her head and smiled.

Yonghwa just smiled, “Ah! Hyung!” He greeted someone who waited him infront of the airport. He was his manager.

“Yonghwa-yah!” He waved, “Omo~ You’re SNSD Seohyun, right? Anyeong Haseyo” He greeted her and bowed.

“Anyeong Haseyo” She bowed.

“How could you arrived together?” Asked Manager Hyung.

“We just met in plane” Said Yonghwa.

“Oh, i see. But where are your manager?” Asked Manager Hyung to Seohyun.

“He said that he will be late and, ah!” Seohyun looked at her phone which was ringing, “Chamshimanyo. Yeoboseyo, Oppa? Ne? Ah~ algesseumnida” Then she hung up the phone with sad expression.

“Wae?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Manager oppa can’t pick me up because he get a little accident. I should get taxi by myself.”

“Ah! How about you come with me? We’ll drop you to your hotel.” He said to Seohyun, “It’s okay right, Hyung?” He asked to his manager.

“No problem.”

“But, but..” She didn’t sure.

“It’s okay Seohyun-ssi. Kajja!” Said Yonghwa and opened the door’s car for her.  Seohyun got in and sat awkwardly then Yonghwa followed her and sat next to her.

“Where’s your hotel?” Asked Yonghwa’s manager to Seohyun.

“Ah wait, i’ve writen it on my diary.” She rummaged her bag and pulled a white covered book. She flipped it open and handed it to Yonghwa’s manager so he could type the address on GPS.

“We’ll reach your hotel for about thirty minutes” Said Yonghwa’s Manager.

“Ne. Kamsahamnida” Said Seohyun gratefully.

She and Yonghwa had just met but he treated her nicely. She didn’t understand why stranger could do such this nice thing, but the strangest thing was she could believe him. Normally, she always felt cautious with someone she didn’t know, especially man, but Yonghwa was different.

“Have you called your manager and tell him that you’ll go to the hotel with us?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Ah yes! Thank you for reminding me.” She smiled then she dialed her manager’s number.

 

***

 

“Seohyun-ah!” Her manager welcomed her infront of the Hotel.

“Oppa!” She hopped out from the car and greeted her manager happily.

“Anyeong Haseyo” Yonghwa bowed to her manager.

“Aigo~ thank you for bringing Seohyun here. It must be trouble you and your manager” Said Seohyun’s manager.

“Ah, no problem” Said Yonghwa.

“Seohyun-ah, let’s go!” Said her manager.

“Ne, oppa!” Said Seohyun to her manager, “Yonghwa-ssi, kamsahamnida. Please say to your manager too than i’m very gratefull.”

“Yes. You’re welcome.”

“I’ll pay it back someday” She said.

“Pay back what?”

“Your kindness today.” She smiled sincerely.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to. Well, see you around Seohyun-ssi” Said Yonghwa and got in to his car and left.

 

***

 

It was late and other SNSD member had already in deep sleep. Seohyun’s manager told her the room’s number and handed her the key. He also said that she shared the same room with Hyoyeon. After said good night to her manager, she headed to her room and ready to get a quality sleep after a long long trip.

She opened the room quitely, afraid that she would wake her eonni up. She walked slowly to her bed and laid on it. She sighed delightfully, bed was the thing she really want right know.

“Hmm~ is that you Joohyun-ah?” Hyoyeon mumbled in her sleep.

“Ah! Did i wake you? Sorry, Eonni~ just go to sleep” Seohyun whispered.

“Since i already wake up, let’s talk for a while” She got up and sat on her bed, “how was your trip? It must be lonely without us right?”

“Not really.”

“Oh yeah? It’s more than ten hours to get here. It really amazing that you don’t feel bored.”

“Yes” Seohyun’s mind flew high to the person who accompanied her. The one who had an adorable toothy smile. She smiled softly.

“Eyy! Maknae! There must be something happen right?” Hyoyeon grinned.

“Aniyo!”

“You can’t lie to your eonni, Joohyun-ah! I can see your face blushed. Just tell me! Palli!”

Seohyun knew that she couldn’t lie and also she really trusted Hyoyeon. It must be okay if she told her what happen in the plane.

“Eonni, i met someone in the plane.” She said.

“Then?”

“He was really nice and..”

“Wait! Did you say ‘he’? The person you met was a man?” Hyoyeon shouted.

“Ssttt!! Eonni!” She said anxiously.

“Sorry~” Hyoyeon whispered, “but why Joohyun-ah? I know you so well. You’re not a type who can get along with boys easily.”

“I know, Eonni, But he is different. We had just met but he could make me comfortable. Awkward but still comfortable. He is so kind and playfull, just like an oppa.”

“Ah~ uri maknae has found her love! Tell me, are you in love with him?” Asked Hyoyeon excitedly.

“I don’t know. I don’t even understand what love is.”

“Hah~ it’s too early to say that you have fallen in love. Well, you’ll discover it sooner or later. So what happen next?” Asked Hyoyeon who became more curious.

“ Well, he was the one who dropped me here, you know, manager oppa can’t pick me up in the airport for some reason and he kindly asked his manager to bring me here. It’s amazing.”

“His manager? He is an idol or something?” Asked Hyoyeon in surprise.

Seohyun nodded.

“Who?” Hyoyeon’s eyes went bigger. The shocked expression clearly showed on her face.

“He is Jung Yonghwa. The leader of CNBLUE.”

 

***

 

Yonghwa couldn’t hold his smile. The memory of Seohyun keep nudging his mind. She remember her politeness, her unique way to talk, her sparkling eyes and her innocent image. She had a different personality and it was rare. He didn’t know but he found her attractive and he really wanted to meet her again.

“Just stop smilling like that. You look like a fool.” Said Manager hyung.

“Ah, really?” Yonghwa didn’t realized that the smile really formed on his face.

“Do you like her?” Asked Manager hyung.

“Who?”

“Of course Seohyun-ssi.” Manager hyung looked at him intently.

“Ah, hyung. What are you talking about?” He pretended to don’t care but the smile didn’t leave his face. He avoided his manager sight and looked away then he found something under his seat. He picked it up and discovered a familiar white covered book. His smile became wider, it seem like lady luck smiled at him right now.

 

To Be Continued~