Still very much Alive

Mission Impossible?

  Hey readers!! As usual, welcome to the new subscribers, and thanks to all of you guys who have bothered to read my fanfic all the way up till here!! <33333 hope you guys have enjoyed the story so far, and like this chappie too :))

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpdgGn3b3JQrv9G6GrdGu

Sorry this pic's a little blur...You get the basic idea though ;))

 

  Daehyun rushed into his hyung's study without knocking, because he just wanted to see his hyung as quickly as possible.

  "HYUUUUNG!!!" Daehyun barrelled straight into his hyung's waiting arms, and held the man tight for a while. Daehyun could hear his hyung's chest rumble and feel it shake a little, as he gave a surprised laugh.

  "Daehyun ah! Why are you back here? Did they find out? Didn't you enjoy life there?" His hyung leaned back and held Daehyun's shoulders at arm's length, inspecting him.

  Daehyun laughed.

  "Hyung~who do you think I am? Of course I didn't get found out!" Daehyun lowered his voice as he thought of B.A.P. "I enjoyed it, hyung, I really did. I just came back here for a while, because I wanted to see you..." Daehyun lied. He couldn't tell his hyung that he'd created a mess for himself. It would be equivalent to letting his beloved mentor down. In actual fact, Daehyun had just wanted to see his hyung to clear his mind of his troubles for a little while, and enjoy his company as he cleared his head, and looked for ways to solve the problem.

  I'm glad you're happy there..." His hyung trailed off, eyes warm and smiling. His hyung really meant it, Daehyun realised, and smiled affectionately back. Daehyun had to be one of the luckiest people in the world. Sure, he didn't have a blood-related family, but Daehyun had his hyung, who more than made up for the loss. His hyung was a brother, best friend, father, and teacher, all rolled into one. Daehyun couldn't imagine life without hyung.

  "How's the mission going?" His hyung asked, still smiling.

  "Mmmm..." Daehyun averted his eyes, and thankfully, his hyung didn't really notice.

  "I've got my big mission of the year too, Daehyun ah!" His hyung's arms waved about as he talked about his new assignment, which was going undercover as a Black Wolf gang member, to smoke out one of the nation's biggest (and not to menion the most dangerous) illegal weapons dealer. His hyung's eyes shone, and he couldn't stop talking about it, making him look just like an excited child.

  Daehyun had to admit, as he trudged back to the dorm, that his hyung's mission sounded so risky, so adrenaline-filled, so thrilling: every agent's dream job. Daehyun sighed. He'd almost wanted to suggest that he switch places with his hyung, but deep down, he knew he wouldn't have meant it, because it would make Daehyun unable to be with B.A.P again,  and Daehyun wanted to remain there, for as long as possible.  

  Daehyun leaned against the wall outside his dorm, and dialed his client's number.

  "Yes? What else have you found out?" Daehyun's hand gripped the phone harder as he organised his thoughts into sentences to say to the man. His agency had a no-questions-asked policy, but Daehyun had to find out why the man needed the information. He didn't want to screw up B.A.P's debut again.

  "Why do you need to keep track of them?" Daehyun's voice came out calm, steady, and emotionlessly professional. Daehyun was pleased with himself, being able to restrain his curious tone.

  The man chuckled, and Daehyun relaxed a little. The client didn't really seem that hostile when Daehyun wanted to know what was going on. Maybe it wasn't such dirty, underhanded work after all...

  "Competition." Daehyun could hear the smirk in the client's words. "My company has a group that is thinking of debuting around the same time as B.A.P, so as rivals, it's best to get a headstart, gain a few more fans first, so we can win easier." Satisfied that he had answered the agent's question, the line went dead.

  Daehyun cursed under his breath. It was underhanded afterall. If they wanted to win in terms of popularity, they should have worked harder than his teammates, and not cheated.

  Daehyun realised that he had been the one that'd allowed them to cheat in the first place, and cringed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    When Daehyun entered the dorm, he was greeted with a strange sight. All of his teammates were huddled together glumly on the floor of their living room. Yongguk hunched down and looked completely miserable, Youngjae looked like he'd finally lost it, sprawled out on the floor sobbing uncontrollably, and even Himchan shed a tear that slowly rolled down his face. Zelo had buried his face into a red-eyed and pink-nosed Jongup's shoulder.

  Daehyun had a bad feeling in his stomach when he looked at his teammates. They looked like they were mourning someone. Daehyun counted the number of members on the ground. They were all here, alive.

  Daehyun's eyes widened.

  "Oh my god. Manager hyung died?" Daehyun stood in the living room's doorway, frozen, and ready to rush out to buy white carnations or something. He could see his teammates were out of breath, sweaty, and not in the condition to do anything of use.

  B.A.P's heads snapped up at Daehyun's voice, and they stared at him, disbelieving. Youngjae sprang up from the floor, and flew towards Daehyun, wrapping his arms around the stunned boy and squeezing as hard as possible. Youngjae reached up and landed small kisses on Daehyun's face.

  On instinct, Daehyun's arms rubbed and patted Youngjae's heaving back, while he cast curious looks at the rest of B.A.P. His teammates had just gotten out of their shocked state, and were standing up and crowding around him, flinging their arms around his shoulders, burying their fingers in his hair, as if to check that he was really there. Himchan hyung even gave him a small peck on the cheek. Daehyun numbly stared at them.

  "Shh...Don't cry..." Daehyun brushed Youngjae's sweaty bangs off his face, and gently wiped away the tears that kept flowing.

  A very relieved looking managaer hyung stepped out of the bathroom, into the chaos of five sobbing teenage boys clinging onto their teammate. Daehyun stared at him, like he was seeing a ghost. But Daehyun didn't believe in ghosts...

  "You!" Daehyun pointed a shaking finger at the manager. "You're alive!" The manager gave him a very strange look, and nodded slowly. "But, but, but..."

  "Pabo! We thought that you--" Yongguk tried to explain the situation to Daehyun.

  "You thought that I died?!" Daehyun looked incredulously at his teammates, mouth hanging slightly agape. His teammates rolled their eyes at him, and wiped their eyes with the backs of their hands.

  "Yah! Don't talk nonsense, Daehyun! We just thought that you'd left B.A.P for good...and--" Daehyun cut off Himchan too.

  "I wouldn't do that!" Daehyun raised his hands for emphasis. " Whatever gave you that idea...?"

  Youngjae froze when he felt his teammates' glares on him. He gave a nervous chuckle, and ducked behind Daehyun for protection.

  Daehyun looked at Youngjae and laughed. So the person following him was Youngjae?! And to think Daehyun had been worried that someone was hot on his trail...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    Youngjae sat on his bed hugging his squashy bolster, and glared at Daehyun, pouting at him.

  "What?" Daehyun grinned up at Youngjae. "I'm not leaving..." Yet.

  Youngjae's eyes still followed Daehyun's every move, as he was getting ready for bed. "I'm never taking my eyes off you again." Youngjae swore, balling his hand up in a fist and pumping it in the air for emphasis.

  "What? Even in the shower?" Daehyun tilted his head cheekily, and winked at the boy, smirking.

  Daehyun skillfully dodged the bolster that was flung towards his face, and burst out laughing at Youngjae's embarrassed face. Without him realising it, teasing Youngjae had become his favourite pass time.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  Hey guyss, sorry if this chappie was a bit short and uninteresting, compared to the previous oneee... The next few chappies will also be a bit shorter (?) because I need to study for exammsssss *sobs*... Please subscribeee and comennnnttttttt <33333