Game Over

Mission Impossible?

A/N: HEY ALL!! 12 subbies?! Ohmygoodnessgraciousme, thanksssss guyzzz!! ^^ I'll make it up to you all by posting three chapters tomorrow, because it's teachers' day celebrations, and we get released from school early. Any ideas on what I can give my teachers as (inexpensive) presents?? ><

tumblr_m8zj6aB6FG1qapw9y.jpg

   Daehyun leaned in to check if the boy sitting on the ground was injured. Daehyun spotted a graze on his face that was still bleeding, and he peered even closer to inspect it.

  Youngjae looked up. He wondered who it was that stopped the man's hands. He found the person's face barely inches away from his, brown eyes staring intently at his face. Youngjae closed his eyes, shocked.

  Youngjae opened his eyes again, to watch those two intense ones. Youngjae stared into the two dark, round orbs and almost lost himself in them. Although he couldn't see the rest of the person's face, because it was pushed right in his, Youngjae knew that those eyes were beautiful. Youngjae couldn't help but stare, enraptured.

  Daehyun saw that there was no gravel, or (visible) foreign bodies trapped in the cut, and leaned back, satisfied. It wouldn't take much washing to clean the cut out. It would heal quite nicely by itself. Daehyun felt relieved. He hated scars, and all that they reminded him of. He shook himself mentally to rid himself of mental images of the past.

  Youngjae still hadn't looked away from the person before him. He could see now that it wasn't only the stranger's eyes that were beautiful. The person looked amazing, light brown hair sticking up at crazy angles, as if he had just been in a whirlwind, face slightly gleaming as his sweat caught the light. He was handsome, in a easy, thoughtless way. Youngjae could smell him--slightly leathery, and a bit sweaty, which was confusingly good. The stranger leaned towards Youngjae again, and buried his hands in the hair at the back of his head, almost cheek to cheek with Youngjae. Youngjae forgot how to breathe.

  Daehyun hummed softly to himelf in concentration as he slowly rubbed his fingers in small circles on the boy's scalp, holding him still, looking for injuruies, for broken skin--a wound that his prey might have made on the boy.

  "You okay?"

  Youngjae felt the person's warm breath ghosting over his ear, heard the husky voice so close to his face. Youngjae shivered and looked down, and almost forgot that the person had wanted an answer. Youngjae nodded.

  "You sure? What did he do?"

  Youngjae simply nodded, as he heard the voice again, low and steady. Youngjae was tired and found it hard to concentrate.

  The person pulled back again, and looked at him quizzically, as if assessing something.

  Daehyun wondered if he was really alright if all the boy could do was nod. However, he could not afford to spend too much time on this boy just now. He could come back and patch up that graze on his cheek later. Daehyun had his assignment to complete.

  Daehyun's eyes flicked back to the man, and he closed the distance between them, one step at a time, painfully slow, menacing. The man backed up against the wall, eyes wide open, darting here, there, looking for a way out. The man couldn't run anymore, path cut off by Daehyun. Daehyun smirked, right side of his mouth lifting up, full lips parting in a victorious, nearly animalistic smile.

  The predator had found his prey.

  Youngjae looked at the scene before him. He looked at the person's back, which was tense--as if crouched and ready to spring. He looked at the man, who had so much desperate strength: the man who was now cowering against the wall, quaking. Youngjae wondered who the person was, to cause such a change.

  The man's wrist flicked, and in the nervous, jerky movement, Youngjae could see a dull glint. Youngjae gasped, and sprang upright. A knife.

  Daehyun almost laughed, as he saw the last, despairing struggle of his prey. A knife. Against him? Daehyun almost smiled, but forced his mouth to keep it's smirk. This man, who had destroyed so many lives, wasn't worth his smile.

  Something hurled itself between Daehyun and the man.

  Daehyun stopped and stared. It was the boy. He growled--a frustrated sound at the back of his throat. Daehyun hadn't stopped the man from hurting the boy just so the boy could get stabbed by the man using a rusty knife...

  The man saw that his hunter was distracted, and lunged, past the outstretched arms of his former victim, and aimed at the throat of the hunter.

  Daehyun hadn't expected the lunge, and could not get away in time. As he ducked, the knife slipped past his face, and painted a small nick on the left cheek.

  Daehyun's hand came up to his face, and wiped away some of the sticky red liquid that adorned his face like a tatoo.

  Daehyun shoved the boy out of the way as the man lunged again, and this time, he was ready. Daehyun caught the man's wrist and flicked his hand.

  Youngjae could hear a sickening crack sound of something snapping as he staggered away. The knife clattered to the ground.The man had fallen to the ground, cradling his broken arm, beaten.

  "Game Over." Daehyun smiled.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hey guys, chapter two finished!! Sorry it's so much shorter than the first one...It was so torturing me during school today...couldn't reach home early enough to type this up. Hope you all enjoyed it! Apologies if anyone found the constant change of the (sort of)POV was confusing. ><