"...What?"

Mission Impossible?

A/N: Hey guys...THANK YOU, MY WONDERFUL 14 SUBBIES!!!! *radiates love vigorously* Anyway... I got inspired by a comment (many thanks to StarMagician), and decided to update again tonight <3 Hope you guys enjoy reading this chappie :)...

Daejae-bap-29943152-500-361.jpg

Daejaeeeee <3333...

 

  Youngjae stood blankly in one corner, watching all the chaos. There were the red, blue flashing lights of the police cars, the sound of sirens, signalling the ambulance for the man, and the harsh babble from bystanders that had gathered this late at night. Youngjae checked his watch. 12.30am. He'd better get going, or his hyungs would have his head for staying out so long , and wasting practice time, that was a necessity for Youngjae to get his part right at last, and finally stop being a nuisance to the hyungs.

  Youngjae squinted and scanned the crowd for the reason he had stayed through this mess, risking a scolding. Youngjae looked past the group of busybodies dressed in pyjamas and nightgowns, pointing fingers at the scene, jabbering away as they tried to make sense of it all. Youngjae couldn't see that person anywhere, and was about to throw up his hands in defeat and leave, when he saw someone sneak away in the darkness beyond the commotion. Youngjae brightened up immeadiately. He gave chase, as quietly as possible.

  Daehyun glanced at the scene wih satisfaction, assured that the man would not be able to get away and escape punishment once again. He should leave, before anyone saw him. Getting spotted after a job would be unprofessional, and Daaehyun was anything but unprofessional. Daehyun would just melt into the night, as if he had never done the job, as if he had never been there...

  "Hey! Wait up!"

  Daehyun groaned, and stopped in his tracks. He'd forgotten about the boy. Daehyun swung around to see him jogging towards him with a hude grin plastered across his face. Daehyhun's cheeck muscles almost hurt just looking at the smile.

  "Thanks for what you did back there..." The boy smiled even harder, as if it was even humanly possible. Daehyun wanted to pinch his cheeks, only because it might stop the boy's face from splitting in half.

  The boy's face. Daehyun remembered the graze on the boy's cheek, and glanced at the wound. Daehyun wanted to patch it up before he left. After all, it was partly his fault, since the man was on the run from him, which caused their paths to meet in the first place.

  "Hey, my name's Youngjae, what's y--"

  Daehyun grabbed the Youngjae's chin and tilted his face to meet his eyes, before Youngjae could finish his question as it was something he would not answer. With his free hand, Daehyun tore open the alcohol-swab wrapper.

  "Nice to meet you." Daehyun purred as he dabbed at the wound. Youngjae couldn't agree more, as his smile softened a little, and he lowered his face, peering at Daehyun from under his bangs. Daehyun held onto Youngjae's jaw again, and raised his head for the second time, all the while not breaking eye contact with the younger boy, as if he was trying to hypnotise Youngjae. 

  The smirk had returned to Daehyun's face again, and Youngjae could guess why, feeling his face heat up: the person could probably feel it too, holding onto his jaw like that. Youngjae couldn't be happier that they were standing in the shadows. He didn't want his face to be seen just then, and especially not by the person before him. 

  "You're really good-looking...Do you sing?"

  "...What?" Daehyun raised an eyebrow at the weird question. He decided it was one that didn't really require an answer.

  Daehyun finished up, and tossed away the swab as he carefully stuck a plaster onto the graze, as if he was covering something precious, like bandaging a baby or something, instead of an increasingly embarrassed teenage boy.

  "Youngjae? YOUNGJAE?!!" Youngjae heard familiar voices calling him. His hyungs. How could he forget? Youngjae glanced at the figure before him, and answered his own question.

 "Hyung? I'm over here!" Youngjae turned around and searched for his hyungs in the crowd.

  It wasn't until he had spotted them waving crazily at him, that he realised he was standing alone. The person was gone. Youngjae's heart sank.

  "Damn..."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  As Daehyun threw himself onto his bed to have a well-earned rest for whatever remained of the night after reporting back to his hyung, he saw Youngjae's lowered, grinning, blushing face again, as he asked Daehyun if he sang. Daehyun shook his head to dispell the image, and thought back to his hyun's words a few moments ago...

  "Well done." Daehyun's hyung had looked proud for a moment, and in that instant, Daehyun's heart felt so full, almost like it would burst from the happiness. Daehyun grinned.

  "Anything interesting happen?" His hyung had looked over his mug of steaming coffee. Apparently, he had stayed up to wait for Daehyun to come back. Daehyun smiled at his hyung. He was like the father Daehyun never met.

   Daehyun had smiled, and related the whole story to him, even including that one, random question. It had caught his hyung's attention, and Daehyun had been confused when his hyung suggested that he take auditions to get into some entertainment company.

  Daehyun's thick brows had knitted together.

  "...What?" Daehyun had asked for the second time that night.

  "People are bound to notice that you're missing from school, and when they check up on you, they'd find that you'd never even existed. We can't afford that. Just try out at the auditions anyway. Gives a reason for your disappearance--idols don't get out much. If it actually works out, you'd have something else to fall back on if our agency falls to pieces. Think about it, Daehyun-ah..."

  Hyung's eyes had looked so caring, so sincere, that Daehyun knew it was no point arguing: Daehyun couldn't bring himself to. So, Daehyun had just nodded, and headed off to bed.

  Truth be told however, Daehyun had felt insulted. Here he was, a fully, and not to mention highly-trained agent, and his hyung had  suggested he try his hand at singing? And worse, dancing? Absurd. It was absurd.

  Daehyun groaned, rolled over, and tried to get some much-needed rest. He would deal with the unjust world tomorrow.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks guys again for reading this fanfic, and please do comment and give some suggestions for this story? Niteeeee!! :)