Traitor

Mission Impossible?

A/N: Hey readers!! Once again, a warm welcome to new subbies, and thank youuuuu to all of you who have been reading my fanfic up till here (omg, 8 chapters alr...). Hahas, is it weird that I got my inspiration of the game mentioned in the last episode from the fifth episode of 'Heroes' variety show? What Daehyun said was actually the (almost) exact words of Bongsun, the gag-woman, who didn't really use the sentence to the same effect... My (unfortunately) y mind percieved it otherwise ;)... Hope you guys enjoy this chappie <333

 

  Youngjae leaned forward in exertion, and moaned loudly into Daehyun's ears, body shaking against his will. Youngjae could feel Daehyun's muscles clench, as he moved against Youngjae, grunting a little. Gradually, the gap between Youngjae's shivering thighs widened, and Daehyun smirked, victorious.

  Youngjae panted, and gave up, slumping down on the chair, and draping his hands over Daehyun's shoulders. He looked up and fake-frowned at Daehyun.

  "Once more..." Youngjae pleaded. Daehyun laughed. They'd had eight rounds of the game so far,  and Daehyun had won eight times. Did Youngjae just want to lose again?

  Or did he just enjoy the skinship? Daehyun wiggled his eyebrows and gave Youngjae a crooked smile. "Again?"

  Youngjae nodded, and got into position once more, face scrunching up in intense concentration, that Daehyun noted didn't do much to aid him in the game.

  Suddenly, the door of their room burst open, to reveal a freshly-showered Yongguk and Himchan. Both of them glowered at the two younger boys. "What are both of you doing? At this time of night?! Go to sleep! What if you hurt yourselves before tomorrow's performance?" Himchan nagged as he advanced towards them.

  Daehyun and Yongjae leapt up from their seats guiltily, and dove onto their beds. Still grumbling, Himchan and Yongguk tucked the troublemakers in and turned off the lights, then returned to their own room.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  "Ohmygosh, hyungssss!! WhatifIscrewuphalfway, andcreateadisaster?! Zelo swung about on Jongup's arm in the car on their way to the performance, and spoke as if he was doing his signature high-speed rap. Jongup patted his back, and pretended to understand what he was saying.

  Yongguk was practicing his rap under his breath, but the way he had his hands clenched against nerves, and the steely expression he had on his face made it look as if he was cursing the whole world. Himchan was busy practicing his dance moves in the car, jabbing Daehyun in the ribs, and almost poking Yongguk's eye out. Which, would not be funny. Daehyun tried to stifle his giggle.

  Woah. Wait. What? Daehyun had giggled? Jung Daehyun, aka 177cm of pure.complete.manliness, had freaking giggled?! It seemed like the nerves of being on stage together for the first time spared no one. Daehyun took a deep breath, and tried to stop his hysterical laughing, that was certainly not befitting for his image. Daehyun was glad nobody at the agency (and especially his hyung) could see him now. They'd probably disown him or something...

  Daehyun straightened his face at last.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  When the van full of mentally-breaking-down people arrived at XXX hall, something seemed strange. Daehyun looked out the window. There seemed to be no signs bearing the names of his teammates. Instead, banners with names of strangers could be seen hovering above the crowd of over-excited teenage girls. There were no bunnie mascots around anywhere either.

  B.A.P. exchanged confused looks with each other. What was going on?

  Upon trying to enter backstage, they found that their path was blocked by four burly bouncers, who had been told to keep them out at all costs. The five boys could only wander back to their van, where they could see another group putting up a performance on what was supposed to be their debut stage. When their manager had questioned the bouncers, it seemed that the stage manager had given the time allocation to another company, because they'd promised to pay a significantly greater amount of money for the use of the stage.

  B.A.P was ushered into the waiting van after fourty-five minutes of fruitless waiting, and they had no choice but to slowly make their way home. The air inside the van was filled with almost tangible tension, and beside Daehyun, Yongguk continued to mutter under his breath, but this time, Daehyun was able to make out words such as "scoundrels", and "murder". It seemed Yongguk hyung was really cursing under his breath now. Daehyun found that a little frightening, and looked out the window, still unable to accept the situation.

  A car passed by next to their van, and a familiar face peered out of it. Daehyun recognised his client in the split second when the two cars passed each other, and his client gave him a small nod, as if to say 'good job'.

  A look of realisation crossed Daehyun's features. Daehyun also wanted to murder someone now: himself. Daehyun remembered sending that text message yesterday, to update the client: 'Tomorrow, 4pm, at XXX hall, we will be holding our first performance'.

  Daehyun felt like shooting himself in the foot. Literally. Daehyun had been there to witness first-hand how much effort his teammates had put into the preparation for the performance, how much they looked forward to finally performing as a group, how much they deserved the recognition. And yet, he was the cause for this disaster. He had brought this down on B.A.P.

  Youngjae glanced at Daehyun's face, which had darkened so fast, it was scaring him. Youngjae's brow furrowed too, as he reached over, and gently unclenched the fist that Daehyun had unconsciously balled his hand into, so tightly that his nails dug into his palm.

  "It's okay, they'll arrange for another stage..." Youngjae whispered to Daehyun, trying to comfort him, but Daehyun looked away, and felt his chest get even tighter. He didn't deserve Youngjae's concern...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  Once they got back to their dorm, Daehyun went to his room, took off his stage clothes, flung on his jacket, and left the place after scrubbing his face clean of makeup. He'd left as fast as possible, and didn't talk to anyone. Daehyun hadn't been able to: he shouldn't be receiving their care and warmth, he couldn't bear seeing their disappointed faces. Daehyun was the reason for their misery afterall--he was the bad guy.

  Daehyun thought back to how he hadn't wanted to disappoint yesterday, during the tiring and intense training session. He'd done just that, and amazing well too, today. Daehyun had probably never hated himself as badly as he did now.

  As he walked down that street, where this all began, Daehyun couldn't resist taking a glance back at the dorm, just to torture himself with guilt, because he deserved it.

  "Sorry..." He whispered, and made his way back to the agency. He had a phonecall to make, and a mess to clear up, as neatly and quickly as was humanly possible.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  Youngjae followed Daehyun around the dorm, as he rushed around, preparing to go out again. Youngjae knew he was acting like a lost puppy now, but he didn't care. Something was up with Daehyun. Nobody else seemed to notice, mainly because they were all trying their hardest to remain positive, and nobody paid as much attention to Daehyun as Youngjae did.

  Youngjae could see that Daehyun had been angry, and not disappointed, that they'd lost a chance to perform. Youngjae couldn't really understand that, but when he saw how Daehyun's face had grown pale with rage, glaring at his handphone all the way on the car ride back, Youngjae knew something was up.

  When Daehyun had stormed out afterwards, Youngjae followed, mind in a tumult. What if Daehyun was leaving for good? Youngjae felt a pang of pity for his friend. First had been kicked out of a company, now this. Maybe he had had enough of it all...

  Hiding in the shadow of a building, near where Daehyun had patched up his cheek, Youngjae heard Daehyun's whispered apology, and this cleared any doubts in Youngjae's mind that Daehyun was running away from idol life.

  Youngjae couldn't let that happen, so he continued following the boy, until he disappeared down a street, and Youngjae could see him no more.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  Daehyun realised that he had been too hasty when he'd left the dorm. He looked over his shoulder casually, trying to spot his stalker. He'd realised he was being followed halfway to the agency, and he didn't want to get caught. Picking up his pace, he slipped swiftly through the familiar doorway to his home, the agency, like a shadow melting into the darkness: silently and (hopefully) without trace.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  There!! Chapter 8 finished :)))))... Please subscribe and comment, and let me know what you think of the story so farrrr :)) Thanks again guyssss <3