Chapter 12

The Name's Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol

 

You come closer and closer to the house and call out, “Hello? Is anyone in there? Do you know where I am? I’m kind of lost.” When no one replies, you walk a little further until someone appears behind you and clasps a cloth over your mouth, "*sniff* Wh...why does this smell so much like..." *Faint* 
 
     The person who assaults you finishes your sentence, "Anesthesia. I'm sorry Robyn, it's for your own good." He holds your unconscious figure in his arms and takes you away with him.
 
----------------------------------------
 
You slowly wake up on a soft bed, in an unknown dark room to a massive headache. Trying to sit up straight, the headache takes action and extreme pain engulfs you, “Ah!” You grab your head wincing but bring yourself to look up again. “Where am I?” you move around and feel different fabric draped around your body, “and who’s clothes am I wearing?”
 
You become very suspicious and begin to get up from the comfortable bed. You begin to guide yourself around the room using the walls, looking for a light switch.
 
Once successfully finding and switching it on, you observe your surroundings, but nothing. Nothing surrounds the room. Strange. The first thing you do is look for your phone carefully or any belongings. You shove your hands in all pockets, “Oh no, why aren't any of my things here? I even had my phone in my pocket last time I checked..."
 
     Beginning to panic a little, you move towards the exit and turn the knob, only to find that its locked, “Oh . No no no this seriously cannot be happening to me right now.” You fiercely pace back and forth, “What am I going to do? Aish!”
 
     Just as you're about to give up, something on the carpet catches your eye. “What’s this?” You lean down and pick up the object, “Huh. A paperclip.” 
 
Suddenly a lightbulb goes off on top of your head as an idea pops in mind. You run to the locked door and reshape the paperclip, fitting it into the keyhole. *Thank you, Mom and Dad* You think gratefully as you pick the lock. Your parents used to teach you little things like this when you were little, before they “divorced”. 
 
“Come on, almost got it Robyn, almost ther-” *click* “Yes!” You quickly swing the door open and run out. Looking around, you notice you’re on the beach you first arrived at, trapped in the same mysterious house you first saw. “So I’ve been stuck in this house all this time?” 
 
     Not caring anymore that you were in there, you turn to make a run for it when, “I hope she’s okay.” You hear a man’s voice coming closer to your area. 
 
     On instinct, you run back into the room and close the door. Fear spreading throughout, you jump back into bed and pull the covers over. The conversation isn't very audible, but you manage to make some things out.
 
“Do you think she’s still knocked out?”
 
“I don't know...anesthesia...not that strong.”
 
“Man...feel bad...doing this..." He takes out his key, ready to unlock the door, only to find that it’s open, "But...can’t risk...finding out-” he paused for a moment.
 
“What?”
 
“The door’s open.”
 
By now you’re mentally smacking yourself *Damn it! Robyn you can’t even get yourself to close the door all the way!* You hold in your breath not daring to make a single noise as the two figures walk into the room.
 
You look for a weapon to protect yourself but remember nothing’s in the room and end up grabbing the pillow your head is resting on. *Yep. I’m screwed.* You inwardly think, mentally smacking yourself again. 
 
“Oh no, don’t tell me someone came in here earlier,” the owner of the second voice speaks, panicking a little. He goes running towards the bed to see if you’re still lying there. You close your eyes tight as you feel the figure approaching your side. 
 
Heart racing, you begin counting down *3...2...1...* You spring up, eyes still closed tight, and begin whacking the figure like there’s no tomorrow, “GET. AWAY. FROM. ME. WHOEVER. THE. HELL. YOU. ARE. AHHH!!” 
 
“Ah! Rob- *whack* Rob-! *whack* Stop it! *whack* ROBYN STOP.” That voice. That familiar, deep voice. The man surprises you by picking you up and throwing you over his shoulder. “YAH! LET GO!” You thrash, trying to escape the man’s grip on your body, but your headache isn’t helping at all. You start to pound the man’s back and even try kicking his stomach, but he gets a hold of your legs as the other man rushes over. 
 
“Robby, hey it’s okay, it’s just us,” another familiar voice. You jerk your head up to see the owner of the soothing voice, Baekhyun. *Damn, she’s up* “Wh-what? Baek what are you doing here,” you snap your head back to see who’s been holding you, a faint blush forming, “and with Yeol?” Chanyeol puts you back down on the bed and eyes Baekhyun, signaling him not to spill anything. 
 
 
----------------
 
 
“Gege.”
Lu Han hears someone calling him and opens his eyes, finding the task difficult to do. He sees his partner with cat-like eyes and jet black hair staring at him with worry on his face, “Gege wake up.”
 
He tries his best not to shake Lu Han too much, afraid he’ll hurt him from all the wounds and cuts that still litter his body. “T-Tao.” Lu Han tries to move, but his body refuses, “Tao I can’t move.” Shock runs through Tao like electricity, “W-what do you mean you can’t move?” 
 
“I mean, I can’t move. My body is refusing to correspond with me.” Lu Han tries to move again, but his body continuously rejects him.
 
Tao covers his mouth, “What has Kris ge done to you?!” 
 
Lu Han, looking away replies, "I got whipped, Tao. If you haven't heard yet, he knows I told Robyn about her parents."
 
    Tao, even more shocked, doesn't know what to say. "...You....you told her? But ge, why? Why would you do that?"
 
Luhan tries not to make eye contact with the innocent maknae of Exo-M, "I couldn't stop myself from telling her...She deserves to know that they're gone." Tao feels 
betrayed, "But ge..." Luhan turns bitter at the thought of containing secrets from you, the girl of his dreams, and spits, "At least I didn't go into detail of telling her how they were killed. That bastard, I swear I'll kill him for making me keep secrets."
 
Tao can’t believe what is coming out of his friend’s mouth, “I know Robyn's suffering but Gege, don't forget. Kris ge took both of us in when we had no place to stay after we came here from China. You know how much I miss her, too, but we have to keep our word to Kris ge. He's done a lot for us.”
 
       Luhan  becomes  disappointment at Tao's statement, "You know, I know he took us in, but Tao, he isn't doing the right thing! He tortured her parents for so long jus to find the gem and ended up finishing them off! Think about it Tao," at this point his blood is boiling, "we're just his little puppets. He's using us to get to the gem, especially me, since I'm the closest to Exo-K out of all of us. For God's sake, He's using me the most to get to Robyn! He's going to kill her off, Tao. And then he'll probably throw us out, or even kill us too, all because of that stupid gem he wants. That selfish bastard."
 
Tao doesn't know what to do. He knows Luhan is right, but at the same time, he still has his respect for Kris because of him taking them in. "You're making this hard for me ge-" He is abruptly cut off, "This shouldn't be hard, Tao. Open your eyes, we're useful to him now, but we're worth nothing to him. Don't you want to see Robyn again? Don't you miss that sweet scent, that ridiculous personality that just makes you laugh nonstop, that fills up that emptiness in you? Look at me and tell me you don't miss that."
 
      Now it's Tao's turn to look away. He yearns to see you again, he indeed misses every single thing about you. "I...I-"
 
         At that moment Kris comes into the room. His figure screams murder, with the evidence of blood stained on the sleeves of his suit that don't seem to have been made too long ago. He walks further into the room, a knife also painted with blood in hand, towards Tao and Lu Han. “Tao, what are you doing with Lu Han?” 
 
-------------------
 
 
Baekhyun looks down, not daring to look at you in the eyes, “We were walking around when this door happened to be open, so we came in.” He tries to cover yet another lie. "What were you guys doing here?"
 
"Same question to you, what are you doing here in this room?"
 
"I don't know, I came to this beach and was walking around to see if there was anyone to tell me where I was. Then I came upon this house because maybe someone was in here, and then BOOM. I passed out and woke up in here. Now answer me, why are you guys here?"
 
"What was your reason for even coming here in the first place?"
 
Not wanting to give yourself away, you yell at them for their answer first, which backfires, "Answer my question! Why are you guys here? What up with these ‘meetings’ of yours being held here, at this abandoned looking beach?” Both of them look at you in surprise. Baekhyun finds this as an opportunity to make you falter. "Oh, so you followed us here to spy on us?"
 
 And indeed you do. "No- I uh- I...don't try changing the subject!"
 
Chanyeol decides to join in on the fun in teasing you, "So you did follow to spy!" He wriggles his brows at you, "Why else would you have come?" 
 
You groan, "Well at least give me an answer, why would you have a meeting here in the middle of no where?"
 
"Our boss happens to be the type to like meetings in weird locations, remember, Travel Agency. We travel," Baekhyun tries to sound funny at the end, but completely fails and earns a snort from you. You roll your eyes at him, "Really Baek, really?" All he does is give you a cheesy smile. "So you see? There's completely nothing to worry about, we just have an," he pauses, trying to look for the right word, "interesting boss, you could say." You laugh at the comment he makes, "I can tell." 
 
After the laughter dies out, Chanyeol then asks, "So now that we've answered your question, it's time to answer ours." He and Baekhyun look at you while you cross your arms, "Well I'm concerned for you guys, okay? I mean, suddenly all these meetings come up and come on, what on Earth does your boss need to even talk about that is so important that you stay for a long time? And not to mention, you guys have at least four meetings a week! That's insane!"
 
Chanyeol begins, "Well, being travel agents aren't all that easy. We have to make sure all of our customers are satisfied."
 
Baekhyun adds on, "Yeah, and our boss wants to make sure that nothing goes wrong, he cares about all of those people you know? It's just that business has been hectic lately. Not to mention someone lost their money," *More like their lives...We all miss you Jonghyun Sunbae...* He flinches but makes sure you don't notice and continues on, "so you can see that business isn't all that easy." 
 
You completely buy the act Chanyeol and Baekhyun display and nod your head. "That's one unlucky customer," you innocently blurt out with a snort at the end, causing the other two pairs of eyes to darken. Baekhyun gives a fake smile. "What can you do? Business is business, am I right?" "You're absolutely correct." You smile at him and get up, "Well, let's head back now, shall we?"
 
As you pass by, Chanyeol and Baekhyun give each other knowing looks. *Thank the heavens she doesn't have a clue about any of this* they both think. Chanyeol also notices the baggy sweatshirt you're wearing, not familiar to him. He shrugs it off though, thinking you probably bought it while you went out shopping the previous week. 
 
On the way to your car, our stomachs growls loudly. Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol laugh while you flush with embarrassment. "Yah. It's not my fault I haven't had to chance to eat anything while I was stuck in there, " you say, while jabbing your finger towards the little house, "let's go get some tofu soup, I'm famished!" 
 
They both agree with your choice and are right about to get into the car when suddenly they drop to the ground. "What the?!" you immediately drop to the ground and search their bodies, to find two sleeping darts injected into their necks. "S-sleeping darts? What's going on?" 
 
You rise to your feet, more confused than ever. A familiar tall slim figure stands in front of you.
 
"Black spy?"
 
 
 
 
A/N: long time no see