Chapter 9

The Name's Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol

 

     Panicking, you quickly hide the note in your pocket and put everything back into place.
 
     "Y-yeah I'm fine! I just got something in my eye and it really hurts. I'm just washing it out!" you try sounding as normal as possible.
 
     You hear a sigh coming from the other side of the door, "Robyn you've been in there for nearly 10 minutes, I'm pretty sure it doesn't take that long to wash out your eyes. C'mon open up."
 
     You open the door hesitantly and see he has a worried expression written on his face. He ruffled your hair, "I don't think you're okay, for God's sake even I know no one spends that much time just washing their eyes! You wanna talk about it?" You look up at him sheepishly, "Nah, I'm fine, really..." *Oh god what am I gonna tell him!?* "...I just feel sick, that's all." *What the heck Robyn? What kind of lame excuse was that!*
 
     Chanyeol smiles,"Well then let's go ask Kyungsoo to make you some soup!" *Silly Robyn, you don't need to pretend.*
 
     You enter the kitchen and are greeted by everyone with "good morning" and "did you sleep well?"
 
     "I'm good thanks," you mumble back. 
 
     "Kyungsoo, can you make some soup for Robyn? She's not feeling well." Chanyeol says, glaring at Lu Han while speaking. 
 
     "Aigoo are you feeling alright? Do you feel like you're about to die?! Go rest! You can't get any sicker!" Kyungsoo's motherly instincts acts up and begins to bombard you with questions. "UMMA CALM DOWN. I'm not too sick. Thank you for your concern, but you're going to explode any minute! Take a chill pill." You chuckle. "Arasso, arasso. I'll go make your soup." he smiles and  turns around then disappears into the kitchen. 
 
     You clear your throat and give Baekhyun a worried glance, "Um..Baek, can I talk to you for a sec?" He immediately stops what he's doing and walks to you, "Of course, what's wrong Sweetie?"
 
     You grab his hand and pull him behind you to your room and close the door. You nervously pace back and forth until Baekhyun stops you, "Hey, come here." He hugs you and seats you down beside him, "What's wrong?" 
 
     Your eyes begin to tear up. *Dang it, I told myself I won't cry!* "Lu Han told me last night that my parents died..." Baekhyun holds you tighter hiding his anger, "I'm so sorry Robyn. I'm here okay? Did he say anything about how they died?" You shake your head, "He told me he's made me suffer enough." *Well at least he covered that up* Baekhyun thought. "Baek?" you call out while quietly sobbing.
 
     "Hmm?"
 
     "Promise me you'll never leave me as long as we live?"
 
     He chuckles at your proposal and brings out his pinky, linking it to yours, "I pinky promise."
 
     "Thanks Baek, you're the best."
 
----Meanwhile----
 
     "Move over I can't hear!" 
     "Shhh! They're gonna hear us!" 
     "Ughh hyung you're so unfair." 
     "Yeah well life is unfair."
     "Hyunggggggg"
     "Shh!" Whispers the one trying to listen to your conversation, flicking the other's forehead. He stumbles back with a thud, "Ouch...yah hyung!"
 
 
      Both you and Baekhyun hear a loud thump an your heads up, "Baek? Did you hear that?"
 
     "Yeah....here I'll go check what it was." You wipe your tears away while waiting to see what's going on.
 
     He opens your door to see a certain dancing machine looking up at him with his ear cupped with his hand and dongsaeng fallen back on the floor rubbing his head. 
*Busted* Baekhyun thought.
 
     Kai looks up sheepishly, "Oh, hey there hyung...heh heh, don't mind us at all! We were just..."
 
     You come into view amused, "Yes, Kai, what exactly were you two doing outside my door?"
 
     "IT WAS ALL HYUNG'S IDEA!" Sehun suddenly blurts and makes a run for it, abandoning Kai. "Aish this dongsaeng!" Kai quickly stands up and turns on his heels about to escape, when you get a grip on his wrist, "Not so fast, Kai. Care to explain?" 
 
     Kai lowers his head in shame, "I just wanted to see what was going on...you looked so sad Noona!" You hold back a laugh at his concern and try sounding serious, "Well it doesn't mean you should eavesdrop on us!" Kai gives you his best pout, "Noona I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to—" 
 
     Baekhyun rolls his eyes and cuts off Kai, "Yeah, yeah. Man I'm too used to seeing you pout. Robyn trust me on this one. DON'T fall for it." You burst into laughter, "It's fine, we can let him off this time, BUT, If we do catch you again, you're in DEEP trouble. Got it?"
 
    "I understand Noona!" With that Kai runs off, and to his luck, Rex begins to chase him. The two of you hear him scream from a distance, "Aw come on! WHY REX, WHY!!" *Karma~* you thought. *Grumble* your stomach growls. *Dang. I just realized I still haven't eaten!* Baekhyun hears your stomach and erupts in laughter. "Yahhh Baek!" "Let's just go get your poor stomach some food before it stops on its poor owner." You yell at him once again and chase him to the kitchen.
 
-------
 
     Yet again, a mysterious man stands outside your house well hidden from view, just getting off the phone with someone, "Huh. So it's true, I heard right. Lu Han told her." He picks up his phone again and calls someone else, "Sir it's confirmed, Lu Han told her about her parents." 
 
    "Looks like we need to teach him a lesson." says the voice on the other line.
 
     "Yes sir."