Time Away

Only Fate

Key P.O.V

I couldn't go back to sleep. Not having Tae Ri in my arms was not a blast. I tried to drift off for about half an hour. I decided to go see what Tae was doing, so I got off the bed and went outside. "Don't try to deny it. You feel something for me, too. And they're strong feelings 'cause you never push me away until you kiss back." I was confused and peeked into the kitchen. Jonghyun and Tae. They were inches away from each other. Tae's hands on his chest.  'What is going on here?!' Tae didn't respond to that. They've kissed before? Mwoya?! Then she said, "Why can't you just leave me alone? Don't you understand that I love Kibum?" I almost smiled when she continued, raising her voice, "I'm just really attracted to you. Haven't you thought about that?"  "You don't remember when you told me to not give up on you?" He backed away a couple steps, Tae's hands falling to her sides. Tears started to form, but I was so mad. I moved so they could see me. "What is this about?" They both turned their heads and looked at me. Tae started to walk up to me, "Key, I can-" I cut her off. "I'll talk to you about this later." I turned to look at Jonghyun. "Jonghyun, how could you? You have f-feelings for her?...You're my best friend," my bottom lip started quivering. "I'm sorry, Kibum. But I'm in love with her. And you hurt her, twice. Do you know how hard it was to watch her talk to you, when you were in a coma, crying? She was crying every single day. She would always blame herself for everything you've done wrong. I will never hurt her like that," he looked back at her. She was still looking straight at me. 

Tae P.O.V

Key caught my gaze and our eyes locked. I shook my head and I started to replace the sadness with anger. 'I'm sorry Jonghyun.' I turned towards Jonghyun and took two steps forward. *THWACK* I slapped him. I saw Key flinch in the corner of my eye and the others gasped. 'When did they wake up?' Jonghyun's hand flew to his cheek, his mouth open. "Just stop it. Consider our friendship done. I liked you better when you poured coffee all over me." I turned towards the others. "I'll be leaving now. Sorry, Taemin. I'll get you some milk another time." I walked over to Key. "Can we talk?" He looked away from me. "I don't want to see you right now," he mumbled and went into their room. "Just give him some time. He'll talk to you. I'll make sure of it," Minho smiled comfortingly at me. I nodded, "Thank you." Onew patted my back and Taemin gave me a hug. Jonghyun was still standing there, holding his cheek. I put on my shoes and left. 

"Did you and Kibum do anything," the first thing my oppa asked when I got home. "Aniyo! We're not like that," I went straight to my room and slammed the door. I changed into some sweats and an oversized sweatshirt and laid on my bed. *knock knock knock* The door opened and closed. "Kwenchenayo? Did something happen?" Daehyun sat on the edge of my bed. I sniffled, "It's a long story." He ushered me to scoot over, so he can lay down. "I've got time." I nodded and hugged a pillow to my chest. I told him everything. Beginning from the start of the problem. How our parents made us move, led to keeping why we moved from me. How that led to be friends with Onew, our parents approved of him and made a deal to keep me away from Kibum. How that led to me meeting Jonghyun and we became close friends. How that led to meeting the other members, meeting Key, which turned out that he was actually the Kibum I knew. How that led to us keeping our relationship a secret, the others got suspicious. How that led to meeting Jonghyun to explain why we were keeping it, Onew overheard our conversation, and we argued. That day that Jonghyun met me at the cafe for an explanation, led to him develop feelings for me. And all the details up until now. I couldn't believe it was because of the day we moved, that all of this happened. "If we had never moved, all of this would never have happened. Kibum would've never thought about speeding up and got into that accident," I sobbed. Daehyun wrapped an arm around my shoulder, "Sshh. It's okay. It'll be okay. He'll talk to you. It's not your fault." I shook my head, "It is my fault. All those times, I should've *hiccup* pushed Jonghyun away." "Let's not worry about that right now, okay? For your own health, I want you to spend some time away from them. Spend more time with Seunghyun and the others. They probably miss you." He slowly got off the bed and laid me down, pulling the covers over me. I just nodded and closed my eyes, hoping I can fall asleep. 

~Next Day~

I groaned as I woke up from someone poking my cheek repeatedly. "Ireona Ri Ri!" I opened my eyes, eyebrows furrowing. "Jiyong," I said as I sat up slowly. "What are you doing here?" He smiled cheekily at me, "WE came to cheer you up. Your oppas' orders. They're all out there, except for Daehyun. He had to meet a friend somewhere. I think Seunghyun hyung said that the person was a chick." I nodded and ran my fingers through my hair. "Oh. I'll be out in a bit. Now shoo!" I got up and pushed him out of my room. I showered and put on a black tank, with a gray cardigan, and dark skinnies. I went downstairs and was greeted by everyone, "Anyeong Ri RI." I smiled weakly in return. TOP oppa drew out his arms and I ran up to him and hugged him. "It's okay. We all heard." He rubbed the back of my head. "You didn't have to come. Gomowoyo, oppa." We sat down on the couch. I was seated in between Daesung and Taeyang oppa, while Seungri and Jiyong oppa sat on the floor by our feet. TOP oppa was next to Daesung oppa. Apparently, they were staying overnight for a couple nights. They wanted to spend their time with me, before leaving for the US tour.  

For the past couple of days, Big Bang was driving our house with their craziness! Every once in a while, I would check my phone to see if Key had contacted me. None. After so many times, Daehyun confiscated my phone. >.< *sigh* Now I just have my laptop. I've been getting more photoshoots lately, but none were from SMENT. Daehyun requested that to my manager. I had more from Cube Ent., Jelly Fish Ent., Loen Ent., etc. I got to know more and more groups/solo artists. I was starting to forget about the problems, until one day Key paid me a visit. 

"Can we talk?" I looked back at Daehyun and he nodded. I looked back at Key and nodded, letting him in. "I'll let you two talk things out. I'm meeting a friend." He closed the door and we sat on the couch. He had changed his hair. It was shorter and back to brown. I wanted to avoid eye contact, but I haven't seen him in a while. It was nice to see him again. I heard him take a deep breath and I braced myself for what was to come. "Tae.....I think we should take a b-bre," his voice cracking. "Break?" I finished his sentence, my voice failed to say normally.  He looked at me sadly and nodded. "I just need some time to think about things. And going on tour would be enough time for me to think." Tears started to form, for the first time in weeks. "You're going on tour?" I let out a breathy sigh. "Yeah, for three months. We leave early *sniffle* tomorrow morning," he said as he too, tried to hold back his tears. My whole body started to feel numb. Three whole months without him? He got up and sniffled, "We'll be back before you know it. I nodded and pursed my lips, and stood up too. "SHINee, HWAITING!" We walked to the door and I opened it for him. He stepped outside and turned back to face me. "Take care, Tae Ri." "Nado. You too, Kibum." We both stood there for a while, wanting to just hug each other right then. "One last hug?" I nodded and we embraced each other tightly. 

-----------------------------

A/N I know I said I wouldn't post a sad chapter/chapters on his birthday, but technically it's not his birthday anymore. <3 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAR ALMIGHTY DIVA, KIM (KEY) KIBUM! <3