Accident

Only Fate

WARNING!!! If you are sensitive, I suggest you get tissues ready. You have been warned. 

Author's P.O.V

~Key~

It's been a week and Key hasn't been able to contact Tae, at all. He's going crazy. He's been practicing too much. He barely gets any sleep. He always refuses to eat. If he gets annoyed by the others nagging at him to eat, he would cook him up some ramen and thats it. And he gave up. He stopped calling and leaving messages. He decided to wait until you contacted him, but which he doesn't know when. He just doesn't have the will to do anything. He's always in his bed, sulking. 'That's it. I'm going out later to get a drink. I'm done being like this,' he thought. He got up and showered. He put on his best outfit he had and put on anything that would make him look his best (make-up, accessories, etc). He went to a popular bar in Seoul and downed a couple shots. He started to get into the rhythm of the music and dragged himself to the middle of the dance floor. He starts to dance, 'This is nice.' He closes his eyes for a little. The music taking away all his troubles. He opens his eyes, feeling free. He sees a pretty girl next to him. He smirks at her and she notices. An upbeat song blew up from the speakers. They started to dance together, the girl feeling up on him. He then saw Tae's face. That made him stop. Tears were threatening to spill over. His legs went weak and he fell to his knees. Tears were rolling down his face by now. The girl didn't even notice. She was too busy dancing with another guy. "Tae.." he says to himself. Tears still rolled down his face. 'I need Tae. I need to see her. I am nothing without her.' He slammed his hand down on the ground and picked himself up off the floor. He needed another drink. One shot, turned into three, and soon he lost count. He couldn't think clearly anymore. After another hour of just sitting there, thinking of her, he decided to leave. He stumbled to his car, but he was okay. When he started to drive, his vision was getting foggy, and his mind wasn't clear. He was angry, crushed, and confused. 'Why are you avoiding me? I didn't mean to hurt you," he kept saying over and over again in his head. He pushed down on the pedal, speeding up. The last thing he saw was a bright light and heard a screech.

~Tae Ri~

She was working normally. Photoshoots here and there. But she hasn't been talking to anyone outside of the house, unless she had to. She barely got out of the house, afraid she'd run into any of the others somewhere. The only people she'd been talking to were her oppas. She told them everything and they listened. Daehyun told her that Taeyeon broke up with him, too. He was heartbroken. They were both there for each other and TOP was there for the both of them. It's like one of those times where they just got together and talked everything out. They rarely had family time anymore. TOP had urged her to at least go out to get coffee or something. She couldn't argue with him, so she did. And guess what, she ran into Onew. She sighed inwardly to herself. Well, sooner or later she had to confront him. She didn't want to hate him forever. She missed her best friend. She ordered and sat down in front of him. He drew his gaze up to her and had a shocked expression. "Yeah, I know. I'm out of the house. I had to get out." He just nodded, feeling awkward. "Jinki, I'm sorry about what we fought about. I kind of got upset over nothing." "It's okay. I had no right to get mad at you...friends?" She shook her head and he got confused. She then smiled," Best friends." He had a look of relief on his face," Oh. Right." Suddenly, his phone rang, scaring the both of us a little. He picked up," Yobeoseyo?" He didn't talk for a long time. She looked at him, trying to read his face. She suddenly got worried," What's wrong?" He tried to talk, but he couldn't spit out the words. She stood up and grabbed the phone," What's going on?!" "It's K-key hyung, n-noona. He got into a *sob* car accident. And it's really se-serious." It was Taemin. Her heart stopped for a second. She dropped the phone and looked over at Onew, who was looking at her in a pained expression. She snapped out of it and put the phone back to her ear. "Which hospital?" "It's the -------- Hospital, noona," he said trying to calm down his crying. She grabbed Onew's arm and they both rushed to the hospital. 

Tae Ri's P.O.V

I was scared to go in. But I needed to know if he was going to be okay. I grabbed Onew's hand. I was shaking now. He Looked at me and I looked at him. He smiled sadly at me, "Come on." We went in slowly. The lady at the desk was on the phone, so we sat down against the wall. Shortly after, the others arrived. They all had looked as though they had been crying already. Jonghyun and Taemin were still crying. :(  I went over to them and hugged them, as we all cried together. I rubbed both of their backs, trying to comfort them. The lady finally got off the phone. "May I help you?" Onew walked to the desk and asked for Key. She told him that he was in surgery. We all looked up, when we heard that. I started to look for the sign that said "surgery room" and when I saw it, I started to run. The others looked my way and started to run after me. "NO TAE RI! WE HAVE TO STAY OUT HERE," Jonghyun yelled, almost catching up to me. I shook my head and turned around the corner. causing me to slow down a bit. He caught me and the others caught up too. He restrained me from going anywhere else. I broke down right then and we both slid down the wall. All I wanted was to see him. Why did I have to ignore him all this time? He was probably so confused and hurt. I only love him. I need to tell him that. 'I'm sorry, Kibum.' We all went to a private waiting room. The media probably already got the news, but it's better for them to get a private room. 

An hour later, the doctor knocked and came in. We call stood up, waiting to hear something. "He's in a private room, so it's okay. The surgery went well, but he's in a coma.  We're not sure when he'll be able to wake up, but it should be soon. His arm is in a cast right now. He has to keep it on for a while. We're also putting some nutrients in his body. He hasn't been eating a lot lately, I see. He's in room 923 and only two people can go in at a time. I'm sorry," he said and walked out of the room. I tried not to cry as we got on the elevator, to go up to his room. I could tell Taemin was, too. When it sounded that we arrived, everyone else got out and I was frozen. I didn't want to see him in such a bad state. Taeminnie came back in and hugged my arm. "Noona, it's okay." I nodded and followed them. As we passed the rooms, his number was close. 919, 920, 921. My heart was starting to race. 922 and 923. We stopped in front of the door and looked at each other. I took a deep breath and reached for the handle, my hand shaking. I finally got a hold of it and twisted the knob. Taemin's grip on my arm tightened and I patted his head with my other hand. Only two people could go in at a time, so they let me go in first with Taemin. We slowly proceeded to his bed, but I turned my head away when we reached it. "Noona, kwenchena," Minnie whispered to me. I turned my head, my eyes closed. I opened them little by little and saw Key. He looked so lifeless. He was pale and looked like he had lost weight. I cringed when I saw tubes and other things attached to him. Taemin let go of my arm and went to the other side of Key, sitting down on a chair. "Hyung," he said as he started to cry all over again. I sat down and his face, lightly. 'Key. Ireona, jebal.' The rest took turns and came in. 

Soon, the visiting hours were over and I decided to stay over night. I told Daehyun and he said it was okay, as long as I came home in the morning. They put an extra bed for me. Jonghyun stayed with me because he didn't have any schedules tomorrow. The others promised they would come visit as soon as they were free. "Tae, take the bed. You won't be comfortable in that chair." "I'm not leaving his side," I said as I held his hand. The one that wasn't in a cast, of course. Jonghyun sighed,"Tae Ri, please. It's okay. You'll still be by his side. I promise nothing will happen to him." I looked at Key, then back at him. "Fine," I mumbled and got on the bed next to Key's. I laid on my side, looking over at Key. 'Please, wake up soon,' I thought to myself, before I fell asleep.

------------------

A/N ;( I tried not to cry, writing this. It was hard to write the descriptions and all that because I can't imagine him like that. <3 His birthday is in one week.