Everything happens for a reason...

A brand new life

Everything happens for a reason….

 

Author’s POV

 

 

It was that time again for school to begin; everyone arrived at the elementary school happily

Parents smiled at their children as they ran across the front of the building with their friends, though there were two kids that walked hand and hand into the building then parted at the door.

“Brother, wait up!!” a small child yells to another, “Kevin!!”

“What?” the said boy stopped and turned to the younger, watching him run to him

“I said wait! You know that this is our first day!”

“Sorry, I just wanna see our teacher! I heard she is really nice!!”

“Still it’s mean to leave your only twin behind!” the older twin, Kevin hugged the smaller child

“Don’t worry; I won’t leave you, no matter what!”

“Promise?” the smaller looked up and held out a pinky, causing Kevin to smile

“Promise” he whispers before linking their pinkies together and held hands towards their new class room.

After their first day of school the twins ran home since both their parents worked late that night.

Stopping in front of their house they knock and soon pout “Deanna isn’t home yet Aiden….” Kevin said, the younger twin, Aiden pouted even more, if possible.

“When will she be home?”

“Soon, I know it” Aiden nodded; they sat on the porch and waited.

After waiting ten minutes their sister come up the drive way on her pink bike and waves at them “Why are you guys waiting out here? Didn’t Mom or dad pick you guys up?”

“No…” Kevin answered, “Mommy and Daddy are working late today…” the sister nodded

“You guys hungry? Want sissy to make some cookies?”

“Yay!!” the twins said and ran into the house after Deanna unlocked the door

“So how was your first day?”

“It was okay…brother left me in the crowded hall…but he promises to never leave me!” Aiden yelled while sitting at the dinner table, watching Deanna

“Oh really?”

“Yeah, he pinky promised!” the oldest laughed at her childish sibling, “Kevin how about you?”

“It was awesome, I love all my teachers!”

“Do you guys have all your classes together?”

“Yes~”

“That’s good; you two will have a great time”

“Deanna”

“Yes Aiden”

“We’ll all be together forever right? Families stay together no matter what right?”

“That’s right Aiden, when mommy and daddy come home we’ll all promise, okay?”

“Okay~”

“So cute~” she pinches the toddlers cheeks, “Such chubby cheeks~”

“Deanna I’ll help you make cookies!”

“No your mot quite old enough to help out yet”

“How old?”

“Ten, when you turn ten you can help me cook”

“Okay…” Kevin said with a slight pout.

The three siblings play games and in the back yard until their parents came home and called them in

“Mommy, Kevin and Deanna are really good at hiding! I couldn’t find them!”

“Is that so hun?” the toddler nodded, causing the mother to smile, “We brought home pizza, you alright with that”

“PIZZA!!!!” the twins shouted and ran into the dining room and greeted their father.

 

“Mom, dad; Aiden has something to say”

“What is it honey?”

“Mommy and daddy promise to always be here for us right? Our family won’t fall apart right?”

“Heavens child! Where did you hear this?”

“Everyone in class, their parents break apart or they end up disappearing….you won’t right?” Aiden asked with tears falling.

The parents shared a look and smiled, looking at Aiden “Honey, nothing will break us apart; we promise”

“Pinky promise?” the adults laughed but nodded,

“We pinky promise” they said and gave their pinky to their child

“Yay! Mommy and Daddy promise, sissy you promise?”

“I promise” and lastly the toddler turned to Kevin

“Brother, you promise…right?”

“I promise” the two smile and hugged each other.

The family then ate happily, knowing they would be one family, together forever….

 

7 Years later

 

“Kevin Woo, please report to the principal’s office, I repeat; Kevin Woo, please report to the principal’s office. Thank you”

“Kevin, you may be excused” the math teacher said as everyone in the room set their eyes on him

“Wonder what’s up…” he whispers, picking up his back and left the room.

“Come in” a deep voice came from behind the door, Kevin hesitated at first but opened the door

“You wanted to see me sir?”

“Ah yes, I won’t make this long because you have to leave in a few minutes…”

“Sir what’s going on?” the elderly man sighed deeply,

“Have a seat son…” the teen did and looked at his principal worried, “I’m sorry to report, that your family has been in a terrible accident…and have been sent to the hospitable…”

“W-What?” Kevin whispered, feeling his heart increase,

“I know…I didn’t believe it at first…but it is…”

“Aiden…Deanna…Mom, Dad….” He whispered to himself

“I have a car outside waiting for you, hurry and see if they are alright”

“Thank you sir” Kevin said, rushing out of the office

“Please let them live, please god….” The man prayed, hoping the family is still alive.

 

Kevin’s POV

 

As soon as I stepped into the car the driver took off, I didn’t need to tell him where; I looked out the window “Aiden…Deanna…please stay strong. Mom….dad…please don’t leave us here….” I whispered.

Arriving at the hospitable the driver turned to me with a sad but hopeful expression, “I hope your family is alright”

“Thank you” I said and got out.

I go to the front office window and the woman smiles at me “Hello, how may I help you?”

“I’m here to see my family…family name is ‘Woo’”

“Let me see….ah ha Woo family; has been brought in a while ago. Four members of the family were involved with a three car accident…”

My heart stopped, three way accident?!

Oh god please let them be alright!

“They are on the fifth floor, please take the elevator to your right, they are in room 520”

“Thank you” I ran to the elevator and pressed the button and I was glad that they opened, the way up made me worry more as I thought of the accident.

Two cars including mom and dad’s car

I felt a tear escape from my eye, “Please be alright, please” I whispered, once the doors opened I saw the hall before me, I ran.

“504, 510, 515” I whispered every number I saw and  my heart increased with every step, I round the corner and freeze, my squeezed at the sight of Aiden, arm wrapped, patches on his cheek and torn clothes, “Aiden” I croaked out

He lifted his head and looked at me, “Kevin?” he stood and ran to me and hugged me tightly “KEVIN!!!!” he cried,

“Aiden; mom, dad, Deanna; where are they?” I asked, hoping for a positive answer, he just cried harder and harder.

No…No, no, no! They can’t be gone! They can’t!

“I should have died! I shouldn’t have let Deanna protect me! She deserves to live not me!!” my twin cried

“What?”

“I should have protected them….I don’t deserve to live” he said and repeated over and over.

“Aiden….AIDEN!” I yelled, he looked at me, scared. I could see the fear and shock in his eyes, “Aiden it’s not your fault…Everything happens for a reason, it the way life goes”

“B-But-”

“No buts….are they in there?” he nodded slowly,

“We’re going to go inside and see them okay?” Aiden just looked down; I held him up and knocked on the door.

The doctor opened the door and looked at me “Kevin Woo?”

“Yes Sir”

“I’d like to talk to you in private…” I nodded and looked at my parents and sister laying in their beds, I sat Aiden down

“I will be right back…stay here okay?”

“Okay…” he croaked out.

I stepped out with the doctor and closed the door behind me “Mister Woo….it seems that your parents and sister are in very bad conditions…they don’t have a chance…I’m sorry” tears threaten to escape my eyes

“There must be a way doctor, please something, anything!”

“I wish I could do something, but I can’t…also I should warn you about your other sibling….he seems very guilty and assumes it’s his fault. It’s common among families, all he needs is someone to be by his side….also please keep an eye on him. He refused to let me check him for injures…”

I understood why…

“I understand…” I say and the doctor left me alone in the hall.

I walk back into the room to find Aiden crying on the ground, I rush over to him and cradle him in my lap, I his hair softly, “M-m-m-mom…a-a-and d-d-d-dad” he choked out, I held him tightly, feeling my tears stream down my face

“It’s okay, I’m here…I will never leave you, I promise….” I whispered and rocked us back and forth

Aiden seemed to calm down after a while and I heard him calmly breathing, I check his arms and legs and felt nothing “Just a few scratches I assume…” I whispered

“Kevin…” I heard Deanna’s soft voice, I pick up Aiden and set him on a bed and walked over to Deanna’s side

“Deanna….” I her pale cheek

“Don’t cry….”

“How can I not?” I asked “You guys are leaving us…in this cruel world alone…”

“Not true…we’ll always be in yours and Aiden’s hearts….”

“Deanna…” I cried softly, I felt her cold hand on my cheek; I held her hand

“We’ll be watching over you guys….Auntie June will take care of you guys from now on…she’ll be here tomorrow to get you guys…” she looked at me, she smiled weakly

“Kevin…you must take care of Aiden…after all this he may not want to do anything and try to hurt himself because he thinks it’s his fault…no matter what you cannot let him hurt himself…promise me”

“I promise sis…” she held out her pinky and my tears began to flow from my eyes, I took her pinky in mine and tighten my grip slightly

“I will stay for as long as my life allows it, I want to see Aiden before I go…” I nod

“I love you Kevin…”

“I love you too Deanna” she smiled.

 

“D-Deanna?” we turned to see Aiden stand and walk over to us, “Deanna!”

“Shhh, you’re so loud…” she laughed weakly, “I’ll miss that so much”

“Deanna don’t go! Please don’t leave us, please!”

“I wish I could stay, Now that I had Kevin promise me something, you need to promise me something too…”

“Anything, I’ll do anything!”

“Promise to not beat yourself up on this; it’s not your fault. You didn’t cause this to happen, fate did”

“Deanna….”

“Promise me you won’t hurt yourself, physically or emotionally”

“I…I promise….” Deanna did the same thing with me to him, they held pinkies and I saw Aiden crying again,

“I love you….so much Deanna”

“I love you too you little rascal” she whispered, Aiden and I heard the heart monitor and we saw her heart decreasing

“Don’t go Deanna…please” Aiden begged, I hung my head.

Here it comes…

“Deanna!”

The single beep came I felt Aiden hug me, he was trembling, badly

“It’s okay, I’m here” I said, rubbing his back, “I won’t ever leave you, this I promise you…”

We slept side by side since neither of us wanted to be alone at the moment

I won’t leave you Aiden, no matter what.

 

 

I woke up and saw that Aiden wasn’t beside me; I sat up and looked around the room; Aiden was standing beside our parents beds, he leans down and kisses their foreheads “I love you guys…” he whispered.

I get up and stand beside him, “Aiden, go and see if Auntie Jane in here yet”

“Okay…” he whispered and left the room; I look at our parents and kiss their foreheads

“I love you guys, so much…I’ll protect Aiden from now on….I promise” I touched their hands and gave a light squeeze before leaving the room.

 

 

I reach the lobby and see Aiden talking to a middle aged woman, I assume it’s Aunt June “Kevin honey~!” I walk over to Aiden’s side and hold his hand

“Hi Auntie June”

“Hi Kevin, you two look so adorable~!” she said in a thick accent, I smiles while Aiden looked at the ground and shuffled his feet

“Aiden, care to tell Kevin where we are going?”

“S-S-South…..”

“South? Like southern California?”

“No silly, he didn’t finish. Since I will be taking care of you two, you two are going to live with me”

“So South what?”

“South Korea”

What?

South Korea?!

“B-But Auntie June, we are enrolled in junior high”

“Kevin Hun, I can’t stay here; I have a boyfriend. And I told him I was just going to pick you guys up, please” I looked at Aiden, and he looked at me.

We finally faced Aunt June and nodded she hugged us both and kissed our cheeks, “Thank you so much~!”

“No problem…”

“Come, come we must get your things”

“Okay…”

“Also I will home school you guys until you are sixteen…hyung-hwa will help teach your guys Korean culture and the language”

Aiden and I just nodded.

 

When we got to our house Aiden was silent, we walked to our rooms and packed everything, I heard my door shut “What is it Aiden”

“Aunt June….she’s taking us away…”

“It’s because we are minors…we can’t work or anything, so we have to”

“You promised to stay with me, will you keep that promise?”

“I will, even if it means skipping school and following you. No matter what happens” I said, walking over to my desk and pulling out a necklace that has our family name engraved “We will be together” I put the necklace on him and he hugs me “Thank you…”

Soon we exited the house and got into the rental van, Aiden sat next to me, even on the plane he never left my side, he yawned and laid his head on my shoulder, “Keep my secrets….and keep your promises….” He whispered to me before falling asleep,

“I will….” I kissed his head and fell asleep as well.

 

Author’s POV

 

The woo twins were jerked away as the plane landed, Kevin looked out the window and smiled slightly, “This is our new home Aiden” the younger twin rubs his eyes, nodding slightly

“I hope…life gets better after all this…I hope it turns out better”

Kevin smiled and ruffled his hair and stood up as the plane stopped and everyone began to exit the plane,

“Boys stay close okay? Since you don’t know the language yet you will get lost easily” the twins nod and hold hands while dragging along their luggage and carrying their backpacks.

“Hyung-hwa!” June yelled as she ran to her boyfriend and hugged him, “Honey, these are my brother’s twins, Aiden and Kevin Woo”

“Hello there” he says in English, the boys greet him and they all exit out of the airport.

 

The four drive out to a house that is owned y June, the boys stare in awe as they pulled into the drive way “It’s pretty”

“Beautiful”

“Thank you boys” June said and got out and helped the twins “You guys have your own room so go ahead and unpack if you want. It’s seven-thirty in the evening so you can sleep if you want”

“Okay, thank you Auntie June”

“Thank you” June smiles and leaves with her boyfriend

“Brother can I sleep in your room, just for tonight?”

“Sure” Kevin smiled; as eight-fifty comes along the Woo twins lay side by side in bed

“Aiden, don’t worry; everything will be alright. Nothing will happen, nothing will break us apart”

“Okay…” Kevin smiles and closes his eyes

“Good night Kevin”

“Good night Aiden”

Aiden stays awake for a while, he stares out the window in front of him and sees a shooting star he then whispers “Life will get better, I know it. A miracle will happen…” and soon falls asleep, hoping for a brighter future.