生病 Sick

Adventures In The Fanxing Family

 

生病 Sick

 

“Kris?”

 

Kris?

 

“mhhm?”

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“I’m feeling fine-“

 

Kris papa couldn’t even finish his sentence before falling back on his pillow. His head was somehow killing him and the muscles on his arm couldn’t even push him up before loosening. His head was covered with sweat beads and his back was also sticky with sweat. Kris papa was pretty sure that he felt cold when he was going to sleep with Lay mama tucking him with extra blankets, so how on earth did this happen?

 

Lay mama, who sat up in the early dim-lighted room, actually wanting to wake his husband up for work, ended up worrying about his physical state. He looked like as though as he ran a 10km marathon with sweat trickling from his face. When Lay mama tried to wake him up, his eyes scrunched up as he struggled to sit up before falling back on his pillow. Lay mama quickly crawled closer before using his long sleek fingers to caress his cheek with care. And without doubt, Kris papa’s face loosened down as the creases on his face disappear. He looked like he was in immense pain as Lay mama carefully wiped some sweat off his forehead with his sleeve.

 

“Kris, do you want to go the clinic? The kids aren’t awake yet. I can bring you there now.”

 

“Lay, it’s fine, what’s there to worry? If I’ve survived a car accident before, this is a mere nothing right? Just give me a pain reliever and I will be able off for work.”

 

Kris papa tried to get up again but somehow, it’s really not working. He couldn’t even walk one step to the bathroom before flailing around like a dead leaf. Lay mama immediately dashed over and guided him back on the bed and tucked him in again. Lay mama knows too well that he can’t force his advice through that 29-year-old who acts like a seven-year-old dragon’s thick skull but what he can do, is forcing him to take a day rest.

 

“You know what, at this state, why not take a rest? I’ll leave a note so that your co-workers know. They won’t die if you’re not there for a day right?”

 

“But I can do my work here, just give me my laptop.”

 

“No. I said rest.”

 

“But the project.”

 

“No.”

 

“Please Lay I can’t trust those kids yet. They might ruin it.”

 

“No.”

 

“Please.”

 

“If you continue, don’t expect me to let you sleep on the bed for the rest of the month.”

 

“But I’m sick!”

 

“And that’s why I want you to take a rest.”

 

“Touché.”

 

“Good, now take a good sleep and I’ll go prepare some food for you.”

 

Lay mama then swiftly confiscated all telecommunications around him and gently closed the door before leaving them on the kitchen table. His laptop, netbook, Blackberry and tablet were arranged perfectly on the table like a tower before one of them started ringing. Lay mama, who’s going to the kitchen, snapped his head back before dashing out to pick the call just in case it wakes Kris papa up.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Mr. Wu why are you not here yet! The deadline is Wednesday and we’re still half way through! If we don’t finish it by tomorrow, we’re dead meat! And-“

 

“Halt for a second, I’m not Mr. Wu, I’m Mr. Zhang. And Mr. Wu is calling sick for today so please do not disturb him resting. If you do, you won’t see him tomorrow or next week, because I will personally cancel that whole project for you.”

 

“I-I-I-I understand. Please tell him to get well soon. ASAP. We really need him.”

 

“I will.”

 

Lay mama ended the call before putting it on silent mood. Well isn’t his husband a busy person? He trailed back to the kitchen with his slippers slapping the floor and he decides what should he cook.

 

Fish porridge? Or oatmeal? But wouldn’t it be a bit too hard to swallow? 米粉*is not a bad idea since that’s what my parents always feed me when I’m sick. Lay mama mentally agreed on his decision as he reached for the first wooden rack on his left for the rice noodles he bought at the market. He actually saved it for himself since it’s such an expensive brand but what choice does he have anyway.

 

He turned to his left and the stove before boiling some water. He then took the frozen pork from the fridge and left it to thaw in the sink. And once the water was boiling, he took a handful of anchovies and threw them into the pot. The soup base was taught by his mother since anchovies has a lot of health benefits and clear to taste. And after 10 minutes, he threw a handful of rice noodles, pork and vegetable into the pot. Lay mama looked around wondered what he should do for the time being since it’s going to take another 5 minutes to boil. The kitchen was still clean and there isn’t any simple cleaning needed to be done so he just strolled around the kitchen humming a simple song before he hear a soft click outside.

 

Is the bathroom door again? Well one day I really need to fix that door cause it’s pissing me off already- Lay mama grumbled before the annoying whistle of the pot snapped him out of his thought. He slowly poured the whole thing into a bowl before looking at it sadly. His favorite dish gone, just like that, and worst of all, the dragon won’t even enjoy the taste as he inhales it down. As he got over his sadness, he hears a very disgusting manly scream from his room. And then he realizes that he forgot something again.

 

“Oh god I totally forgot that the kids are awake.”

 

A/N : FINALLY~ OHOHOHOHOHO yes this dumb author is finally back. Looks like I've included some unfamiliar words here eh? The first one is "shen bing" which mean being sick and the second is "mi fen"  some kind of rice noodles? I don't know what do you call it in English OTL . anyway please give this chapter lots~~of love and I'll see you guys soon ;u; kris you dumb dragon ohohohohohoh

main pic: http://jongine.tumblr.com