1/12 Independent.

Adventures In The Fanxing Family

 

1/12 Independent.

 

Why. Why is it the first day of school. Why am I not in the same class as Baekhyun. Why are my brothers one floor above me. Tao thought to himself as he sat down in his class.

 

He’s now in his class alone after his three brothers walked him in. They knew he didn’t know the way and since they didn’t want to trouble Lay mama, they brought him there instead. After walking pass the field in front of the school building, they paced towards the classroom with a big “1H” sign hanged on the door. The four peeked into the empty classroom before entering, realizing that Tao was the first one to reach there. As they navigated him to one of the seats, they told him a bit about the timetable and what he’s supposed to do, including being friendly and not run out of class even if he didn’t like the teacher.

 

“And lastly, if you need any help, you can find me at “3M”, Xiao Lu and Baozi in “2B” and Baekhyun in “1B”. See you at the canteen after school!” Chen informed him before walking back to his class at the upper floor with the troublemakers.

 

What should I do now? There is nobody in class and I don’t know where Baekhyun’s class is… he murmured while looking around. He sat at the last row’s right corner –cause he’s less obvious over there- and stared into empty space for who knows how long. He never knew that so many people studies in the same room at the same time. The classroom he’s in was wide with seats enough to fill 45 students and there was also a computer in front, right beside the teacher’s desk.

 

Tao stared curiously from his seat, wondering how will 45 students use it at the same time.  At home, the four of them already fight for one computer, so how can 45 of them use one in peace? As he continued to wonder, suddenly a girl of his age entered the class.

 

And he automatically tensed up.

 

The girl, who was wearing a bright pink hairband and a similar uniform with Tao, strolled along the class trying to pick a seat before ending up right beside Tao. She had bright doe eyes like Xiao Lu, he realize, and also milky white skin like Sehun. As he continued to stare in shock and fear, the girl started to busy herself by taking her pink pencil case with pink pencils out of her pink bag.

 

“Wh-why are you sitting here?” Tao managed to mumble out.

 

“Because you’re the only person here. I don’t like being alone.” She answered as she continued with her organizing business.

 

“But you don’t even know me!”

 

“That is not a problem! I am Hwang Mi Young, you can also call me Tiffany. You are?”

 

“Er-Zi Tao. You can just call me Tao.” He mumbled.

 

“Well then Tao, I hope we can be great friends!” She smiled back, making Tao relieved.

 

They both started to chat, awkwardly at first, but better as soon as the other students start to pour in. They talked about all sorts of things, like for example: what is your favorite toy, what is your favorite color, do you have a pet dog (cause she has one) and etc. Tao looked very happy since he made a friend on the first day of school without the help of anyone. He felt comfortable around Tiffany, not needing to worry about whether he accidently upset her or not, and happily passed through the morning before the teacher came in.

 

“Hello everyone! I am Ms. Yap and I’ll be your class teacher for this year! Now since I don’t know anyone here yet, I would like each of you guys to stand in front of the class and give a brief introduction, okay? Let’s start at the way right corner. Yes you, boy.”

 

Everybody’s gaze shifted over to Tao once the teacher pointed at him. He looked back at everyone before trembling. Out of everyone, why did he have to start? As he looked at Tiffany, she gave him a re-assuring smile before pushing him out of his seat. He then took small steps out to the front before finally facing the whole class.

 

“He-hello. My name is Tao and I-“ Tao spoke softly before some yelled at the back.

 

“Why is your skin so dark?!” A boy two seats beside of his screamed before laughing with the other boy beside him.

 

Tao slowly looked down in embarrassment after hearing the other boy. Does my skin look that dark? Why did I come in the first place? I should have just stayed in my seat just now, he thought as the rest of the class started to giggle softly too. The teacher was too in shock to say something but then Tiffany suddenly stood up and walked to the boy’s seat before yelling at him.

 

“Hey you! I don’t like it when my friend is bullied! His skin is not very dark! Your skin is even darker!” She exploded before pulling Tao back to his seat.

 

As the boy’s voice was stuck in his throat over embarrassment, Tao was in a daze. He couldn’t believe that someone just stood up for him, a mere no one. 

He believed that she would have just laugh like the rest, but she didn’t, she helped him.  And Tao couldn’t felt any more touched.

 

“Tha-thank you…uwahhh” he muttered before a few streaks of tears slid off his cheeks.

 

 “Don’t need to cry! You are a boy, you know. Anyways, if anyone bullies you, tell me and I’ll protect you cause that’s what friends are for!” She replied with a confident smile on her face.

 

And that’s how Tao’s good and bad first day of school ended.

 

*

 

“So how’s your class?” Baekhyun asked while munching on a piece of bread in the canteen.

 

“It was nice and I think I found a good friend.” Tao replied with a smile on his face as he saw his brothers running towards their table.

 

 

 

A/N: I'M SO SORRYYYYYYYYYY. no I will not put any excuse up for my delay and this chapter is literally......ish QAQ I am so sorry and I'll do better next time okay? I will also try to update a bit more often mmhhmm? //flops on bed for being so tired 

 

main pic:wufla