I warned you.

Adventures In The Fanxing Family

 

I warned you.

 

Kris papa was enjoying the peace and quiet in the room as he lay on the bed. Today, he has no need to wake up and brush his teeth in tiredness. He has no need to wear his suit on while thinking about the annoying project he’s rushing. He has no need to kiss Lay mama goodbye before preparing his mental state for what he’s going to face in the office. No, he doesn’t need to face that today. Today, he can just lie down and rest while enjoying Lay mama’s cooking. He can see how his wife busy himself around the house as he watches. He can see how the kids play at home while he relaxes. But somehow his subordinates voice still lingers around his mind as though as they are calling for him.

 

I’ll just try to secretly call them later. He won’t notice something missing anyway, Kris reminds himself before trying to get some sleep. A smile crept up his face at the thought of how his kids will react when they realize that he’s at home. He thinks that they’ll probably climb up the bed and sleep with him before Lay mama comes to shoo them down. The kids will then whine a little and give him a peck on the face before leaving the room.

 

Hah. What a delusional person.

 

As he closes his eyes, he could hear a small creak before some short shuffling of footsteps in the room. They’re here, he smiles before glancing over. The kids all had a mixed shocked and excited expression on their face to see their father still at home cause normally Kris papa would be out of the house and the room would be empty by then. They actually wanted to come here and have a so-called-serious one on one pillow fight but this was also a pleasant surprise. They looked at each other with a big smile thinking that Kris papa couldn’t wake up in time and they should wake him up instead.

 

The oldest, Chen, quickly climbed up the bed first and flopped right on top of Kris papa with a thud before the rest followed. Chen was also shaking Kris papa’s head with his small palms holding it in attempt to wake him up since his eyes weren’t opening. Kris papa was okay first but once the load got heavier, he couldn’t help it but to let out a very un-manly-awkward-whimper-like-scream for Lay mama’s help. And within a blink of an eye, you could see Lay mama entering with a flabbergasted face before quickly removing the kids away from him.

 

“What on earth were you guys doing?” Lay mama asked desperately as they formed a line in front of him.

 

 “We thought papa was late for work.” Chen answered without a hint of guilt. He thinks his actions were acceptable since his father is going to be late.

 

“So you guys stacked on top of him?” Lay mama asked again, this time while trying to hide his laughter.

 

“Yeah but somehow papa doesn’t look too happy to see us…” Tao murmured while looking back at Kris papa. The others also turned around before realizing Kris papa’s sickly face.

 

Now they wonder if they did the wrong thing.

 

Kris papa slowly lifted his head up upon hearing Tao’s words. He gave them a weak smile while Lay mama was laughing his heart out alone in his world. Lay mama couldn’t believe the kids were so adorably pure when it comes to these things. They’re still to young to grasp the whole situation quickly when they only have on goal in their mind and when things aren’t exactly what they thought it would be. He also then realizes how sensitive they when it comes to emotions. A small frown to a wide smile changes their whole perception on the whole situation.

 

He firmly confirms them that Kris papa is actually just not feeling well and he needed rest. He’s not angry or whatsoever the kids are thinking of, which probably includes of him dying, gotten crazy and some other sort.

 

The kids then shifted another small glance over their shoulder to see Kris papa giving them a thumbs up before nodding. They have never seen Kris papa being so ill till he needs to stay at home. The kids then slowly trotted out the room while saying some get well wishes before Lay mama closed the door.  Kris papa sadly sighed before slumping in the bed. He’s thinking what do he do wrong in life to deserve this “delightful” surprise instead of what he was expecting. It’s not like it’s a very complicated wish, right? Just a warm family picture of his kids sleeping beside him, that’s all! So why, just why can they not fulfill it without him saying it out?

 

As he continued to grumble to himself, Lay mama brought the noodles in for him. Although it was left for a while in the kitchen, it still looks appetizing with steam still hanging over it and the vegetables looking as green as ever. Kris papa’s face lightens up as his wife enters with food. He’s gotten hungry over the period of time and he seriously needs food to fill up. Lay mama swiftly pulls out the foldable table under their bed and placed the food in front of him.

 

“Thanks honey, I really needed it.” Kris papa grinned.

 

“Anything for you, my dear dragon.” Lay mama replied with a forced grin.

 

There goes my wonderful noodles, he sulked while looking at Kris papa slurping it down.

 

*

 

“Chenchen, should we do anything for papa since he’s sick?” Luhan suggested as they were coloring.

 

The kids, knowing that they can’t go in the room, stayed in the living room instead while killing the time with their favorite hobby, coloring.  The rest all raised their head after hearing Luhan’s thoughtful suggestion. They want to put in an effort into helping Kris papa in getting well since Kris papa always keeps their company when anyone of them fall sick.

 

“Xiao Lu and I can sing a song for papa so that he can sleep better!” Chen declared while getting a confirming nod from Luhan.

 

“Then I’ll read a storybook to papa since he always does that when I can’t sleep.” Xiumin continued.

 

“Then I’ll…do wushu to papa? I have nothing to show…” Tao muttered while having an unconfident face. He was never good with talents unlike his brothers. He finds wushu as a very useless talent since it’s not something you can show that gives people comfort.

 

The elder siblings noticed his solemn expression and gave him an approval sign, boosting his confidence before they all start to prepare for their own little part. The singing duo starts first since they are the oldest of them all. They quickly picked the song that Kris papa loves before dashing to his room. As they see Lay mama leaving the room with the empty bowl, they gave him a mischievous smile before entering the room. And Lay mama doesn’t even know why.

 

“Papa! Papa! We’ve prepared something!” Luhan exclaimed while standing beside him. Although his face was written with confusion, he nodded signaling them to show him what did they prepare.

 

“你问我爱你有多深,我爱你有几分?请你想一想,请你看一看,月亮代表我的心。” The two boys sung with their soulful voice.

 

The two boy’s voiced blended each other like a match made in heaven creating a beautiful performance right in front of Kris papa. They poured their hearts out as they sung in front of him and Kris papa couldn’t help it but to swoon over their perfect performance. The boys continued to sing while Kris papa was there grinning ear to ear. As they slowly ended their performance, Kris papa gave them a round of applause before scooping them in for an embrace. He gave both each a kiss and two boys kissed him back on each side of his cheek.

 

“Thank you so much, I loved it!” He exclaimed while looking at them.

 

“And we want papa to get better!”

 

“Yeah! Fight that big baddy sickness!”

 

Kris papa nodded while giving them a “OK” sign before they left. They were clapping to themselves after knowing that Kris papa enjoyed the song. As they enter the living room, Xiumin automatically stood up while holding onto his favorite storybook. They high-fived each other before Xiumin trotted in the room as fast as his short legs can take him.

 

“Papa?”

 

“Yes, Baozi?”

 

“I came to read a storybook for you cause I’m scared you can’t sleep.” He said while throwing the storybook up the empty space on the bed beside Kris papa. He then helped himself up the bed and flipped open the first page of the book.

 

“Johnny the kind rabbit. Johnny is a rabbit. He lives under the oak tree. He likes to help the other animals. One day, he went to the farm to help the dog that was growing vegetables.” Xiumin read while trying not to fumble over the words. He was never good with his words in the first place, but he’ll do anything for his wonderful papa.

 

Kris papa patted his head as he listened to the first few sentence of his story. He could see how much effort he’s putting in just for him to get well even though it’s not really helping. As Xiumin reached chapter two, he slowly closed his eyes while pretending to snore. Soon, Xiumin started to trail off as he sees Kris papa “sleeping”. His mouth was tired but it was worth it now. He softly closed his storybook in delight and quietly slid down the bed before running out of the room.

 

“Papa’s asleep!” Xiumin boasted in front of his other siblings once he reached the living room.

 

The singing duo gave him an overwhelmed look as they hugged him tightly. They were happy that their plan is working well but somehow they forgot that one sibling is still sitting down while holding onto his color pencils. He did not budge from his seat even though his older brother successfully completed his part.

 

“Tao, what’s wrong?” Chen asks, finally noticing his brother still in his place.

 

“If papa is-is sleeping…he can’t see my-my performance…” he whispered with tears streaming down his eyes and his grip tightening on the color pencil.

 

The fact suddenly hit the rest of the siblings as they rush over to console the youngest. They totally forgot about his performance while they sent Xiumin off causing Luhan to face palm himself for not thinking twice. They tried to find a way to compensate their mistake but what else can they do if Kris papa was sleeping? They can’t wake him, which only changes their purpose into disturbing him, they can’t let him sleep on; Tao can’t do wushu after dinner just in case of indigestion.

 

As the two troublemakers sat down and tried to brainstorm a way, Tao stood up and took his mini staff in his room before walking towards Kris papa’s room. He couldn’t care anymore, whether Kris papa will see it or not, he’s still going to show him. The rest of the siblings just watched him enter with an apologetic face hung on their face. They all just stood outside the hall and prayed that Kris papa will suddenly wake up to see his performance.

 

*

 

Kris papa shuffled a bit in his bed. He believed that Xiumin wouldn’t pop in his room anymore as he slowly open his eyes. The room was already dim, indicating that it’s almost close to the evening. He softly rose from his lying position before hearing someone open the door again. He quickly slid back in and closed his eyes hoping it’s someone else than Xiumin just in case he finds out that he’s actually not sleeping.

 

“Pa-pa I’m here to show you what I got rea-ready…it is okay if-if you don’t see it. I don’t bl-blame you…” Tao sobbed while wiping the tears with his small palms.

 

He hated how he’s the forgotten one and how he’s such a crybaby. He wanted to show that it’s not such a big deal whether he performed or not. He doesn’t want to keep crying over such small things. But he just can’t help feeling insecure about his whole position. He wants to show that he did something too. He did not sit around and sloth while his brothers did something. He wants to show that he’s also a child of the Fanxing couple.

 

As he prepared his stance, Kris papa suddenly got up from his lying position before giving him a sincere smile. He urged him to perform before he starts to cry some more as more tears welled up in his eyes. Tao quickly nodded while flashing a wide smile before showing off his moves. His technique was still at a basic level yet he pulled it off smoothly with firmness. He showed that he was no young kid the throws his stick around for fun, but instead a future master in wushu.

 

Once he finished his performance, Kris papa clapped wholeheartedly and rated him with two thumbs up. But Tao had no time to care about that, he’s just happy that Kris papa saw it. He quickly threw his mini staff on the ground and dashed up the bed before hugging his father. He was just so relieved to know that he saw it and he wished nothing more than that. Kris papa hugged back while patting his back (because he started to cry again) as a smile appeared on his face. He knows how insecure Tao always feel since he’s the youngest and he’s always either forgotten or left out. He wished that he could try to give him more attention but sometimes, maybe they just need to stop and cry for a while.

 

After a while, he lay back on the headboard while patting his back before hearing a small snore slipping out of him. Kris papa let out a small chuckle to know that he cried himself to sleep before lightly laying him on his side. And the rest also slowly entered before sleeping beside him. He glanced at them and gave each a small peck on the face before sleeping himself.

 

And Lay mama was left all alone outside with the table set for dinner.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Bonus!

 

“Xiao Lu, help me with something. Can you get my phone on the table?”

 

“But papa, mama said not to give you the phone.”

 

“I’m just going to have a quick call.”

 

“But what if mama finds out?”

 

“It’s okay. He won’t.”

 

Luhan then secretly sneaked to the kitchen table and grabbed Kris papa’s phone before passing it to him on the bed. He then left the room to play with Xiumin while Kris papa softly called them.

 

“Mr. Wu?”

 

“Yes, now tell me how much have you guys done.”

 

“But why are you calling us? Mr. Zhang said that if you called us, he would cancel the whole project himself!”

 

“Don’t worry, he won’t. Now about the project, the- KRIS WU YI FAN ARE YOU ON THE PHONE? I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ANYONE AND YOU MADE OUR SON TO TAKE IT INSTEAD? WELL FINE, NO BED FOR A MONTH-

 

“Hello? Hello? Mr. Wu?”

 

“Du-----Du-----Du-----“

 

 

A/N: hello people~ anyways....sorry if this chapter is awkward ;u; I tried my best =w= and gah I'm so tired from typing it my eyebags are showing  =__,= i know that feel tao aaksjdhfhfk let me hug you my darling panda =w= anyways please please comment so I can improve and I'll see you guys .....next time?

main pic: taengerine