Mama, you're on my side right?

Adventures In The Fanxing Family

 

It was a nice and cool evening at the Fanxing household and everything was calm before war happened between the Fanxing kids again. Sigh, it never stops I guess.

 

“I took it first!”

 

“Liar! I took it first!”

 

“No I did!!”

 

“Stop lying!”

 

“I’m taking Xiao Lu’s side!”

 

“I don’t care I’m taking Chenchen’s side!”

 

This argument didn’t even last long before Luhan and Xiumin ran all the way to Lay mama. Lay mama at that time was cooking dinner for them and Kris papa who’s not back yet. Lay mama braced his heart for what was the tiny matter they argue over this time. It’s really troublesome for Lay mama to take care so many kids especially at such a young age. He’s only 28 yet he has to take care of four kids that are barely even 8 years old. That’s a lot for someone at that age.

 

“Mama, Chenchen took my toy!” Luhan complained with anger before Chen and Tao came.

 

“No! Xiao Lu took MY toy!” Chen exclaimed while pointing cutely to his chest. Tao just stood at the Chen’s side nodding at what he just said.

 

Lay mama sighed while putting down the cooking utensils that was on his hands. It was the sixth “case” he had to deal today and he was kind of frustrated of dealing all these cases. He wiped his hands clean with his apron and squatted down so that he was exactly the same height with the kids.

 

“Why don’t you guys share the toys? Or maybe Chenchen can grab another toy to play with? There’s a lot of toys at home where you can play with right?” He said while patting Luhan and Chen’s head.

 

Luhan looked at Chen with his big doe-like eyes as though as he wanted to call truce since Lay mama asked him to. Luhan didn’t like it when Lay mama gets angry cause then all of them will get a scolding from Kris papa. Kris papa is really scary when he scolds with his bushy eyebrows and loud voice. Tao would actually cry when he starts scolding. Chen on the other side couldn’t accept what Lay mama cause to him, Lay mama is practically asking him to accept that he lost this argument.

 

“Mama’s so unfair! You always take Xiao Lu’s side! I hate you!” Chen screamed.  Somehow, out of everything he could inherit from Lay mama, he inherited his voice. So yeah it was really as in really loud when Chen screamed with his high pitched kiddie voice.

 

He pulled Tao with him before they ran all the way to their parents’ room and closed themselves in. They can’t lock the door since none of them are tall enough to reach the doorknob. They just sat on the bed while thinking what would happen later. They never argued so much until he had to close himself in a room.

 

“What do you think will happen to Lay mama?” Tao, who’s two year younger, asked him with curiosity.

 

“I don’t know! I just don’t want to see mama now….” Chen answered. He didn’t know what he should do. He was so angry with Lay mama for being so biased yet he also wants Lay mama to cuddle him now. When Lay mama gave birth to Luhan, he couldn’t see Lay mama for two whole months and when Lay mama came back, she totally focused on Luhan. Now Luhan is already 7 years old yet he still have to give up what he likes. He hated that fact so much cause Luhan got mama all for himself.

 

On the other side, Lay mama just sat at the kitchen floor with his mind totally blank. He didn’t know what should he do. He can’t go console him since he just said he hated him but he can’t just sit here and do nothing. Right at this time, Kris papa came back. He took of his shoes and loosens his tie while calling for his kids. It’s a habit for him to hug all four of his kids when he comes back home since the kids are his energy pills. But today, only two of them came out and Lay mama came out with a really sad face.

 

“What happened?” he asked with a worrisome voice since he usually see Lay mama with a dorky smile.

 

“Chenchen and Tao ran into the room and closed themselves in because we were arguing who took whose toy first.” Luhan spoke up before Lay mama.

 

“And Chenchen said that he hated mama!” Xiumin exclaimed while tugging on to Kris papa’s tie. It’s Xiumin’s special way to get someone’s attention by tugging something of that persons even though Kris papa always told him not to.

 

“Baozi stop it! And how can Chenchen say that to Lay mama, I must teach hi-“ Kris papa said while standing up before Lay mama stopped him.

 

“I think I should talk to him dear, he should open up to me more.” Lay mama said while kissing him on the cheek. Kris papa gave him a nod before carrying the two kids to their own room to play. Lay mama knocked on the door while asking them whether he could come in. Chen, of course, said no. Lay mama entered anyway.

 

“Tao, why don’t you go play with papa at your room, okay?” Lay mama asked him. Tao gave him a slight nod before running off to the next room. That makes Chen all alone with Lay mama in his room.

 

“Chenchen? Are you okay?” Lay mama asked while touching his cheeks. Chen quickly turned his head the other side not intending to let Lay mama to touch. Lay mama sighed as he sat closer to him.

 

“Mama only takes Xiao Lu’s side. Mama was never on my side. Mama likes Xiao Lu more than me.” Chen said. He doesn’t know why but tears are starting to fall from his eyes. He hates this feeling now. It makes him feel weak. Lay mama picked him up and carried him into his chest while wiping his tears.

 

“Mama likes all of you equally and mama will never take anyone’s side. Mama’s on everyone’s side so don’t cry. And Chenchen you are a big boy, you have to take care of your younger siblings. They rely on a big brother like you to help them, you know?” Lay mama consoled him as he continued to cry. Lay mama sighed in relieve knowing that he finally solved the problem. He carried Chen out of the room and to the kids’ room where everyone’s at.

 

“Chenchen, you can have the toy. I can play with another toy.” Luhan said while giving Chen the seagull plushie.

 

“It’s okay, you can have it.” Chen said as he gave Luhan back.

 

“Well since everyone is happy now, let’s go have dinner!” Kris papa said while carrying Xiumin.

 

“OH MY I FORGOT TO COOK THE RICE!” Lay mama screamed. Kris papa chuckled before kissing Lay mama on the cheek where his dimples are. He knew that Lay mama has this horrible habit of forgetting so he announced that they were going to have dinner outside.

 

“ Then I’m sitting with mama in the car!”

 

“No you sat with mama the last time!”

 

“What about me? I never sat with her before!”

 

The Fanxing couple just giggled at how the kids are arguing again. They never stop do they?

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

and yes the very first adventure! I'm actually the second child among the three sibling so I know how chnechen feels ;A;

and why did I use xiao lu? well its because its common for chinese to add a 小(xiao)  in front of your first name and since 鹿(lu) is luhan's first name so voila! XIAO LU

and did you realize I use seagull? seagull? GULL I CAN'T EXPLAIN WHAT I FEEL? geddit? no? never mind.....

main image:http://pahrockin3.tumblr.com/