Bucketful Of Red.

Adventures In The Fanxing Family

 

Redness Spilling.

 

Everything’s red. It’s as if someone accidentally spilled red paint all over the Chinese household. Their clothes, decoration, packets, even some of their hair are red. The reason? It’s Lunar New Year!

 

It was the second day, so the Fanxing family decided to visit the EXO-K family. They all wore clothes that had a dash of red in it like for example Kris was wearing red boxers and the kids were pretty excited, judging by how they were jumping around in the car. They all fooled around while yelling what should they do there since they rarely go there (cause it’s so far away). Luhan was going to show Sehun the drawing he drew that day while Chen decided to create new jokes with Kai, logical or not. Xiumin chose planning new tricks with Chanyeol for future uses in school and Tao just wants to sit with Baekhyun and see what he’s doing. The Fanxing couple smiled sweetly, hearing how excited their children are as they reached their house.

 

The kids literally jumped off the car and pulled their parents along before the doorbell. As expected, the EXO-K kids were the first to run out and welcome them in while opening the front gate. Suho papa and D.O mama came out right when they entered the house, holding onto a tray of biscuits and cookies that they’re going to serve. They were wearing bright red just like them but just a wincy bit brighter (making our Lay mama jealous again).  Once everyone was at their right position, the kids all said “恭喜发财*” and received their red packets from each side’s parents before running off into the EXO-K kids’ room. Xiumin and Chanyeol also sneaked some biscuits in the room, as expected from the typical troublemakers.

 

“So how was the New Years?” D.O mama asked as he sat on a stool beside Suho.

 

“The usual. The kids are getting more hyper by the year since some of their friends came during the New Years. “ Lay mama answered while drinking the packet drink they served.

 

“Ours too. They kept running around wanting to go here and there since so many friends invited them until we couldn’t even keep up with their schedule!” Suho papa exclaimed before causing laughter.

 

“But at least they wanted to go somewhere. I was even more worried that they might want to stay at home and use the computer the whole day.” Kris papa feared as they also nodded.

 

They soon pulled up many topics like how’s your kids coping school, the increasing price of tuition fees and also how the vegetables at the first store is even more pricey than the second one. The kids were also enjoying their time in the room. The played tons of games and talked a lot of stuff before settling down to what they planned just now. Everyone was enjoying with their thing until Xiumin and Chanyeol got up with a devilish grin.

 

“We’re planning to take the glass bottle filled with stars on the top of the shelf.”

 

“But we need some more help.”

 

The rest of the kids stared at them, wondering what help do they need. They told the plan and everyone was kind of…shocked. They want to stack the few boxes in their room and Chanyeol will stand on top of it to take it down. And apparently they need the rest of them to help keep the box stable for Chanyeol to stand on it. The rest was neutral so they agreed to help. They all helped to pass the boxes to Xiumin as he stacked them up. After a while, they got an appropriate amount of boxes as Chanyeol started to climb up.

 

Everything was fine, from the climbing to taking. The problem was how’s he going to get down. His hands were too full with the glass bottle for him to climb down, so he ended up passing the bottle to Sehun, which somehow slipped before falling onto the ground, cutting Sehun’s knee.

 

Sehun actually wondered what should he do now but once the blood dripped out from his cut, he started crying out loud, scaring all the kids. Luhan quickly went over with a tissue and wiped the blood making Sehun cry even louder since it stung.

 

The adults were on the topic about the kid’s curiosity before they heard the loud crash. They all looked towards the kids’ room as a loud crying can be heard following the crash. Crying was never a good sign in any of their family.

 

“Wait…isn’t that Sehun?” Suho papa felt more alarmed after recognizing that cry.

 

“I THINK IT IS. OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED?” D.O mama screamed as he quickly ran into the kids’ room.

 

The adults all rushed in to see Sehun crying, Luhan attending his cut and the rest of the kids with a scared expression. They can kind of guessed what happened with the whole setting and the broken glass bottle with all the paper stars were scattered on the floor.

 

“What on earth were you guys doing and- Sehun are you okay? Come, let me clean that cut for you.” D.O mama asked before carrying Sehun to the toilet to clean the cut.

 

“Kids. Explain.” Kris demanded as Lay mama went to take a broom to sweep the glass pieces.

 

“We just wanted to take the glass bottle filled with stars to see, that’s all. We didn’t know that it’ll end up falling and worse of all, cutting Sehunnie…” Chanyeol explained while looking at the floor. Tears were streaming down his cheeks, as he felt immensely bad for his brother.

 

“Why didn’t you ask for our help? We could have taken it down for you.” Suho questioned.

 

“We thought we could do it ourselves but…” Xiumin tried to give a more reasonable answer but everything sounds dumb now.

 

“…Never mind. Just promise me not to do this anymore, okay? Next time, ask if you aren’t sure with anything.” Suho reassured them as Lay mama came back to clean the mess up.

 

Looks like there are things redder spilled than what everyone expected.

(Oh yeah, Luhan kissed Sehun's cut to make it better and to also stop Sehun from crying.)

 

 

A/N: I know this chapter and I have dissapointed you all. It's just that I think I'm in a slump now so bear with me okay? ;_; I'll try to do better next time and god I am soooo sorry for such a ish chapter 

main pic: http://asparkofmoonlight.wordpress.com