You're going to- what?!

Adventures In The Fanxing Family

You’re going to- what?

 

Oh how kids love to make stuff up.

 

It was recess when the boys met up, with their lunch bags and all. Tao and Baekhyun obviously sat together while the rest just randomly picked seats. The eight kids filled the two benches before opening their lunch bags, amazed with the food their mothers packed. Lay mama packed his boys some bite-sized sandwiches and a carton of milk; Kyungsoo mama packed his boys an egg roll and a bottle of fruit juice.  They all shared the food while chatting about their classes, ranging from the dumbest teacher to the funniest kid. The boys were all excited, since it was the only time they could all meet up in school. It was all fun and jokes between them until suddenly Chenchen mentions an interesting topic.

 

“Hey, did you know that when someone likes another person very much, they get married?”

 

“Of course we know! That’s why our parents married each other!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

 

“But what do you mean by like?” The youngest Tao asked.

 

Xiao Lu sighed. “You know, when someone plays with you and you like playing with them. Or when they always lend you their things.”

 

“Or when they give you food.”

 

“Or when they read books with you.”

 

“That means we can all marry each other!” Baozi exclaimed, making everyone excited.

 

“Yeah and then we’ll be together forever!”

 

Kai heard what Baozi said before cocking his head. “But my friend says that only one person can marry the other person in the family.”

 

Everyone immediately stopped talking after hearing what Kai said. What does he mean by only one person can marry the other person in the family? Is he stating that only one person from the EXO-M side can marry the EXO-K side? That can’t be fair! Everyone exchanged glances before eating silently, mind busying with that one statement. If it is true, who will be the one that will marry each other? All of them wants to stay with each other, but only of them can marry the other side. Tao looked at Baekhyun with a hopeful glance, probably asking him to marry him. Xiao Lu also peeked at Sehun, who was busy his lips, a habit when he gets nervous.

 

“So…who will be the one?” Chanyeol asks.

 

The whole gang stayed quiet as Chanyeol asked the million-dollar question. They didn’t want to fight between each other so they kept the silent atmosphere for quite a while before the bell rang, indicating that they have to go back to class. Chenchen was the first to get up before running back to class, successfully escaping from the situation. The rest then got up too before walking back to class, brain fumbling around the question.

 

Tao entered the noisy class before sitting on his seat and Tiffany came back to her seat too. Tiffany, with her pink fluffy jacket on, popped into her seat like a big ball of fluff, startling the boy. She looked at him before murmuring a small sorry, only to realize Tao’s face was a bit scrunched up.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

 

“Er… do you know how do people get married?”

 

Tiffany eyes widened in excitement.” You’re getting married! Wow! I always wanted to get married in a big pink dress and-“

 

“No…I want to get married.”

 

“Oh! You just have to sleep on the same bed with that person. That is what my parents do.”

 

Tao’s eyes gleamed in happiness after hearing what she said. He didn’t it was that easy to get married! All he needs to do is to ask Baekhyun to come over and they can sleep on the bed, making them the first to get married. Tao showered Tiffany with a bunch of thanks and compliments before preparing for the next class.

 

Oh and don’t worry, the other boys also came up with ideas on how to get married first.

 


 

Lay mama was preparing dinner for the boys as they are coming back from school soon. He rushed around washing the vegetables and marinating the meat for their favorite dish, minced pork in dark sauce.  The chopping sounds echoed around the whole kitchen as the clock ticked away, indicating that the boys would be back very soon. As Lay mama finished frying the dish, he could hear the school bus dropping them in front of the house. He dashed out to the living room to open the door for them, only to see them slowly walking in like zombies.

 

What is with the boys today? , Lay mama questioned himself.

 

As dinner proceeded in an extremely slow pace (Kris papa was still at work), the boys finally swallowed the last bite before trailing off to the living room. Lay mama kept the dishes while staring at them, wondering what has happened at school today. Did they fight with each other or did the teacher yell at them? Even so, they wouldn’t look that dead, would they? The older male left the dishes in the sink before walking into the living room, wanting to question about the current situation. The boys all looked at their mother’s worried face before dashing towards him.

 

“Lay mama I want to-“ Chenchen yelled before getting cut off by Baozi.

 

“No me first! Lay mama I want to-“

 

Xiao Lu pushed him away before standing in front him. “No way! Lay mama I want to-“

 

“Lay mama! Lay mama! I want to-“ Tao yelled at the back while jumping.

 

“Hey no! The youngest should let the oldest talk first!”

 

“The oldest should let the youngest talk first!”

 

“I agree on Xiao Lu!”

 

“Lay mama…”

 

Lay mama’s eyes travelled around everyone as the kids kept calling him at the same time. Which one should he answer? Why are they all calling him? What was the urgent news? The kids shoved around while trying to catch the older male’s attention, wanting to explain their situation first so that they can get the upper hand. As the situation continued for another few minutes and Tao looked like he was going to cry any minute soon, Lay mama finally spoke.

 

“Stop! Now everyone stand in a line.” He ordered.

 

The boys shuffled to their positions immediately, with the order of the oldest to the youngest. They all looked a bit impatient, as if they would explode soon if they don’t speak.

 

 “Tao you first, what do you want?” Lay mama asked.

 

“ I want to get married! Can Baekhyun sleep over so that we get married?”

 

“What on earth-“

 

Xiao Lu then spoke up. “ I want to get married first! I gave Sehun a paper with our names on!”

 

“Why did you-“

 

Baozi then spoke up too. “No way! I am getting married first! Chanyeol said that he likes to play with me the most!”

 

“What does playing has to do-“

 

“NO! I KISSED KAI ON THE FACE SO I AM GOING TO GET MARRIED FIRST!” Chenchen screamed with his powerful voice.

 

Lay mama’s mind went blank. He has no idea what is the whole situation about and their love confessions are pretty ridiculous. He wonders where did they get the information that getting married was by doing random stuff like that. The kids all waited for his answer but instead, he asked why did they want to get married.

 

And so they explained.

 

Their interpretation of marriage is that they like this friend a lot and they would like to have this friend forever. And then each of them took turns explaining their “proposal” and where did they get those unbearably mad ideas. Apparently, some of them are from same-aged friends, one from a teacher and one from the school’s security guard. They also mentioned that Kai told them that if one person in a family married the other family, the family couldn’t marry that family anymore. Lay mama exploded in laughter after knowing the chaos and why they were acting that way. He had no idea how did they get the inkling that marriage was like that or why was there a need to marry a person to stay as friends forever. He then sat them down and explained to them what was marriage was really about and there was no such thing as needing to marry them to stay as friends forever.

 

The kids all blink in amazement at the truth before laughing at each other, realizing that they almost fought for a stupid mistake. After hugging each sibling as an apology, they all took light steps to the bathroom for a shower. Lay mama shook his head in amusement before hearing the phone ring, wondering who is it from.

 

 

 

“Hello, Lay?  Kyungsoo here. Are your children acting weird? Because mine has been screaming about marriage for the past two hours.” 

 

 

 

A/N: okay I'm so sorry for my bb subscribers for not updating for almost one year QAQ I'll try to update more update more often from now on so LOOK WHO'S BACK IN THE HOUSE and for the grammar I'll fix it soon

main pic:daimeretdetreaime gdi im so lazy to even find a normal pic