Everything is okay....I think.

Adventures In The Fanxing Family

 

Everything is okay…. I think.

 

Tao kept his eyes fix on the adorable stuffed panda plushie in front of him. The gleaming eyes from the toy has attracted Tao to stand there for who-know-how-long and when Tao finally wanted to show his brother Chen the toy, he’s gone.

 

And Tao is alone.

 

“ Chenchen gege? Where are you? Chenchen gege? Stop playing and answer me!” Tao looked around while speaking a bit louder. Tao’s voice caught some unwanted attention as he looked around seeing the sea of people walking around him, some not caring, some giving him glances, some even tried to push him out of the way.

 

He was scared. Very scared. He never walked around the shopping mall alone even though he knows the way. He squatted outside of the shop and waited, hoping for Chen to come back soon. But after a few minutes, his older brother never appeared. Tears started to well up in his eyes as fear started to swallow him. He used his tiny palms to wipe off the salty water that slowly tricking down his face as he tried to not bawl out loud.

 

“Where is gege… and where is mama and papa…I want them now…I’m scared.” He whispered softly as he continue to glare around hoping he will spot them. The stationary shop is two floors above but he’s too scared to go there alone. And right when he was going to start crying even harder a stranger touched him.

 

“Hey little kid, are you lost? Let me help you find your parents.” The lady in a pink dress asks him. Tao looked at her with scared eyes before backing away.

 

“DON-DON-DON’T TOUCH ME. I DON’T KNOW YOU!” He screamed before dashing off to the opposite direction.


 

“Wait, repeat again… so you were at the first floor. And then you were sure that Tao was behind you. And then when you’re on this floor, you turned back and Tao wasn’t there anymore. Wait… which floor did you lost him again?” Lay mama tried to get the whole situation right but his memory just wasn’t helping him.

 

“Mama…I-I-I repeated three times already. Can we g-g-go look for Tao now?” Chen asked desperately while sobbing. He felt horribly bad already since he lost his younger brother and now his mother can’t even remember what he said a few seconds ago!

 

“Wait a minute…I got it, I got it. So you lost Tao at the second floor right?” Lay mama tried to confirm with him. He was also worried, but this is not the right time for him to panic. If he panics, then the kids will panic and then Kris would panic. And it doesn’t help anything at all.

 

“First floor mama!” Xiumin corrected him on the side. Lay mama stared him with a blank face thinking what did he said wrong again and then he remembers.

 

“Ah…sorry! Okay why not let’s go to the information counter first. He wouldn’t leave the building I guess. Kris, you and the two troublemakers can go try finding Tao at the first floor. I’ll come for you guys in a little while. ” He stood up and said while carrying Chen who’s suddenly stated to cry badly again. He patted his son’s back while speed walking to the information counter where a pretty lady sat there.

 

“Erm…excuse me. I would like to report about my missing son. His name is Tao and he is 5 years old. He’s about….this tall and he has dark circles under his eyes. He’s wearing a blue T-Shirt and jeans with a panda backpack. We’re guessing he got lost at the sec- I mean first floor. Thank you.” Lay mama asked nicely while the lady swiftly picked up the phone after hearing him. She gave him a convincing smile before she hears a voice from the other side.

 

“Yes. This is the information counter at the third floor calling. I would like you guys to make an announcement of a lost child. He’s a child name Tao at the age of five. He’s at an approximation of 70cm and he has dark eye circles. He’s wearing a blue shirt and jeans with a panda backpack. If there is any new information please send it here.” The lady said precisely.

 

“Ah…. Do we have to? I bet the child will come back soon. There’s only me on duty today…” The voice on the other side answered while complaining.

 

Lay mama heard what the person said and he was pretty angry. He can never bear anyone who messes with his child. No one.

 

He slowly put Chen on the counter to sit before asking the lady to pass the phone over. The lady firstly refused but after looking at Lay mama’s enraged eyes, she obliged in fear.

 

“Excuse me, you must be in the department of announcement right? Well listen here. My son is only 5 years old this year and he has no idea where the is he now. Try thinking if you are 5 years old and you have no ing idea where you are without your parents. Scary isn’t it? So you better get your back to work and find my son as soon as possible or else I will see you at your funeral. Have a nice day.” Lay mama said in a clear yet stern voice.

 

The lady and Chen both stared at him in shock after hearing what he just said. The voice at the other side whimpered and apologized before quickly preparing for the announcement. Lay mama sweetly passed the phone back to the scared lady and Chen just stared at his mother. He didn’t know what his mother just said but somehow he felt scared as though as Kris papa just yelled at him. The announcement about Tao can be heard right after the phone call. Lay mama passed his phone number to the lady so she contact him if there’s any new news before carrying Chen to the first floor to join Kris papa.

 

“Wow mama’s scary.” Chen whispered as they traveled down to the first floor.

 


 

“Where am I now?” Tao mumbled to himself as he waddled through the restaurants. Apparently he took the escalator to the Lower Ground floor of the shopping complex where mostly of the restaurants and cafes are placed.

 

He looked around but all he sees are food, food and more food. He touched his tummy and felt it grumbling after so long. He has been lost for more than an hour now but he still can’t see his family members. He looked around and tears started to form again but he shook his head and rubbed it off. He doesn’t want to be a crybaby anymore. He’s a big boy now cause he’s going to school next year! He strolled around and something caught his attention.

 

Cake. Lot’s of it.

 

He quickly dashed over to the cake shop before admiring the cakes at the glass shelf. The shop was in a pretty pastel color with blue and pink flags hanging around the walls. Each table was covered with a white-laced tablecloth and the seats were tied on with a cushion. Tao stared at the variety of cakes on display with envy, as he knows he can’t pay for the cakes. His mama always pay for the cakes he buy but since now mama isn’t here, he could only stare.

 

The shop lady saw Tao staring at the cakes with eyes full of hunger. She walked over there and asked him but somehow Tao just stared at her before backing away. With fear.

 


 

The EXO-K family was out for a family day and D.O mama wanted to dim sum for early brunch. They went to the same shopping complex the Fanxing family went. And right when they reached Lower Ground floor, Chanyeol and Baekhyun dashed out of the elevator. They goofed around while having a competition over who would find the dim sum restaurant first.

 

Suho papa tried to chase after the kids but he couldn’t catch up before stopping while panting half way. D.O mama held the other two kids hands and slowly made his way to the father and gave him the bottle of water he carried everywhere. They both giggled at the kids and gave up on chasing them since they know their way there.

 

The two competitive kids split up in the middle of their competition. Baekhyun took a different route ( by turning at the first left corner) than Chanyeol since he knows that the restaurant was right in the end of the path he’s taking. He mentally praised himself at how smart he was before hastily stopping in his track.

 

“Is that…Tao?” He asked himself as he saw a familiar figure in front of the cake shop. The boy was backing away from the lady in the shop and he looked like he was scared. Baekhyun walked over there to make sure and he was right, it was Tao.

 

“Tao, what are you doing here alone?” He asked while patting his friend’s shoulder. Tao got a little fright and looked over his shoulder to see his friend looking at him worried.

 

“BAEK! YOU ARE HERE! I WAS SO SCARED AND I CAN’T FIND MY PARENTS!” Tao hugged Baekhyun in relief before crying. He finally has someone he knows to company him around after so long. Baekhyun was clearly flustered but he still hugged him back. The shop lady saw how cute they were so she packed a cupcake for Tao to ease his crying. Both of the kids bowed to her before Baekhyun brought Tao to his parents. He exaggerated explained the whole situation to D.O mama before earning laughter from both of his parents. Suho papa then called Kris papa and Lay mama to come to the dim sum restaurant to retrieve their missing child.

 

“TAO MY BABY YOU’RE HERE. THANK GOD YOU’RE OKAY.” Lay mama exclaimed when he entered the restaurant before hugging Tao tightly. Tao nuzzled his nose into Lay mama’s chest as he felt his mom’s embrace. Chen also bear-hugged Tao while apologizing for his carelessness. After the whole “family reunion” thing, they moved to a bigger table for brunch together.

 

“So, Baekhyun is going to school next year too, right?” Lay mama asks while taking a Siew Mai.

 

“Yeah, but they both will be in different classes, since he registered earlier.” D.O mama answers carelessly.

 

And someone started to cry again. Yes, it’s Tao.

 

“But I want to be in the same class as him. I love him. He saved me.” Tao cries while squirming. The two family’s parents almost choked on their after hearing Tao’s words.

 

He loves him?

   

 

 

  

A/N: AHHAHAHAHAHAHHA I UPDATED ISN'T THAT AWESOME slaps self  okay so thank you for all the comeent you lovely people //showers everyone with hearts

remember to "up" and comment (if you guys want to) and see you guys soon!

main pic: http://oshzt.tumblr.com