Getting Along

You're My Only Oppa

  After the day of the party, everything went uphill from there. I notice Jongup and Jonghyun’s relationship getting better. I’m glad that’s happening because I didn’t like it when Jonghyun was so mean to the sweet Jongup.

  But I also notice Jonghyun was spending more time with him rather than me. Is it weird to feel jealous because of a guy? I mean, they’re just friends, but wow, their relationship seems like they’re together!

  In the morning, I walk with Jongup to school.

  “So, how are you?” I ask him.

  He grins. “I’m good. I’m also thinking about collaborating with Jonghyun to choreograph a dance for the talent show that’s coming up in three months. I think it’ll be cool and maybe I could ask Zelo to join us. I’m still thinking about it though.”

  That is exactly what I wanted to happen! It’s actually happening! They’re actually going to choreograph together! “You should do it! It’ll be so cool to see you two dancing on the stage, showing off your dance moves! I mean, what I saw at the party was so cool! Everyone should know about your dance moves. It may not be the best in the world, but to me, you guys are great!”

  He chuckles. “I’m glad you like it. I just don’t know what song. I’m going to ask him if he says yes. I kind of want to do Hip-Hop, but then I also want to try something new. Maybe a mash-up again? Well, anything works as long as we know what we’re doing, right?”

  I nod.

  I don’t know how long we were discussing about the collaboration, but before I know it, we were at the front gates of the school.

  Ricky and Da Ni were the first to greet us.

  “Well good morning you two!” Ricky exclaims and takes me into a bear hug. “How’s my little Dongsaeng?”

  I stick my tongue out. “I don’t want to be called that anymore!”

  “Aw! You’re so cute when you’re mad!”

  Da Ni smacks him on the back of his head. “Idiot.” She pulls him away from me and hugs me. “Good morning, In Young. Good morning Jongup.”

  Jongup bows and greets, “Good morning.”

  Ah, he’s back to his shy self again. It makes it seem like he doesn’t like them or something, but I know he’s just not comfortable with them yet.

  “Where’s Jonghyun?” I ask, looking around.

  “Oh, he’s here. He’s right behind you.” Da Ni says.

  I spin around.

  Jonghyun had an annoyed expression. “Da Ni! I was trying to surprise her!” He pouts.

  “Sorry.”

  He takes my arm and takes my into a tight hug. “Good morning, In Young,” he whispers. When he lets me go, he turns to Jongup and immediately talk about dancing. “You know, I think I found this really great song we can dance to.”

  “Really? What is it?” Jongup ask, eyes sparkling with interest.

  I didn’t listen once it came to that and turn to my other two friends. While they have their own conversation, I’ll speak to Da Ni and Ricky.

  The moment I open my mouth, Da Ni says something first, “It seems like you’re going to lose your boyfriend to Jongup.” She nudges me teasingly while giggling.

  “Oh, shut up!” I playfully push her. Even though she says that, I was slightly jealous of that idea.

  Ricky laughs out loud. “It’s true! I mean look at him! Look how happy he is with him! Aw! Are you blushing?”

  “Shut up!” I was giggling at the thought, but at the same time, I didn’t want to think that way.

  “Heh. Don’t worry, he’s not bi. I can tell you that,” Ricky assures.

  “Anyways, let’s go inside. The bell’s going to ring soon.” Da Ni says. She turns to the two boys. “Hey, you lover boys, are you done talking? School’s about to start! It’s time to go inside!”

  They both looked confused when she said that, but shrug it off and went inside.

  Ah… I wonder how this day will go…

  Throughout the day, I notice Jonghyun and Jongup were talking to each other nonstop. Aish! What is with these two boys? It really does make it seem like they’re in some kind of relationship! Ah… Don’t worry, Jonghyun is completely devoted to me. Yes, that’s right…

  By the end of the day, I was ready to head out and walk by myself home since I think Jonghyun and Jongup has a meeting for their club. However, when I step out the door, I hear Jonghyun calling out my name, “In Young! I’ll walk you home today!”

  I find him alone (finally), without Jongup.

  He reaches me and holds my hand. “I didn’t get a chance to be with you today, so I’ll do this at least.”

  I blush and squeeze his hand. “How about we go to the park instead?”

  Jonghyun blinks a bit before answering me with a smile, “Sure.”

  We walk to the park, catching up with what we missed. I ask him about the collaboration and he says he will do it. I’m glad because at least I can see him doing something he loves. I really miss the old Jonghyun, but this new one isn’t as different. There are some aspects I don’t like, but overall, he’s not as different.

  As we near the park, we were recalling the stuff from the past. I especially love talking about when we were little and playing in the playground while Jonghyun likes talking about the snowball fights we would have in winter.

  Slowly, but surely, he’s regaining his memory.

  “Where do you want to go next?” I ask as we walk pass the playground.

  “I want to go to the fountain. I don’t remember much there.”

  “Okay.”

  We head to the fountain and sit on a bench. We look around.

  I didn’t say anything because I wanted him to recall his own memories; not me telling him what happened. I look around for a moment before looking back at him and find his face pale.

  I lean close to him. “What’s wrong?”

-----

*Sorry for the short chapter, but the next one will be like the length of the other chapters >.< For now bear with me and my updates!