Heart Break

You're My Only Oppa

  Even though I was really mad at Jonghyun yesterday, I decide to forgive him and talk to him again if he wanted to. I decide to forget the events that happened yesterday and start anew. I just hope this stubborn Jonghyun knows how to forgive and forget.

  I head downstairs and find Jeongmin and Unnie sharing a quick kiss as a morning greeting. They truly look like a married couple right now: Unnie’s cooking while Jeongmin was greeting her as if he was ready to head to work.

  “Good morning, you two.” I greet. Yes, I caught you.

  They blush for a moment and realize I’m old enough to know what a kiss is.

  “Good morning, In Young,” Unnie greets and returns to her cooking so it wouldn’t get burnt.

  “Good morning, Lil’ Sis’.” Jeongmin greets. He’s been calling me that lately since he does live here now. I really think he’s going to marry Unnie since he’s calling me that. I wouldn’t mind, but I think it’s too early to be thinking about that future.

  “I’m going to grab a toast and go,” I say while grabbing a toast.

  “You need to eat,” Unnie says, pausing from her cooking.”

  “I’m not hungry.”

  “But breakfast is the most important meal of the day!” Jeongmin explains.

  “I know. That’s why I have this toast! Well, bye!” I didn’t wait for them to complain and rush out the door. I really am not hungry because I’m a bit troubled. I really do hope Jonghyun will forgive me.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

  I’m wrong. He didn’t forgive me.

  This was what happened.

  I was heading to school like normal, thinking about how I was going to tell him and ask him if we could start over. I was slightly unprepared when I saw him heading inside the school. I rushed towards him and called out, “Jonghyun!”

  He didn’t turn around.

  This time, I called louder and got closer to him. “Jong~hyun!~” I called again, but he didn’t even stopped. I knew he was ignoring me at that point because I have a pretty loud voice when I want to be.

  I ran up to him and grabbed his arm. “Jonghyun! I-I have some-”

  “Let me go,” he spat bitterly.

  I was about to burst, but I held it in. “Jonghyun, I’m-”

  “I said let me go.”

  I felt hurt by those cold words and drop my head and arm.

  He walked passed me without another word.

  Now that I’m sitting at the my desk, I begin scribbling on a sheet of paper, pressing hard onto the pencil until the led snaps. “ARGH! I hate you Jonghyun!” I scream at the top of my lungs. I feel a pang of guilt immediately after I saw those words and tears start to fall onto the paper.

  I wipe my tears away and sniffle. I take a deep breath and remember the words Jongup told me yesterday. “I have to be strong,” I whisper to myself and raise my head. I force a smile and feel my lips trembling. “AH! I can’t take this!” I scratch my head, take a different pencil and start scribbling again. “Aish! Jonghyun, why do you have to be such an idiot? I’m trying to apologize to you, but you don’t want to listen to me!”

  I look up after my long scribbling and find Jongup standing in front of me. “I see you’re very angry right now.” He was staring at the now nearly black paper.

  I sigh. “Yeah… It’s just, this morning Jonghyun didn’t want to listen to me. I was trying to forgive him, but he just ignored me. And then when I got his attention, he told me to let him go. I don’t know what to do.”

  He bit his lip. “Well, love is full of obstacles. Stay strong, In Young. I have faith in you. I know you can be strong.” He looks at the clock. “I just came here because I was worried about you. I saw what happened this morning, so I was just checking how you’re doing. I’ll see you at lunch, okay? Stay strong.” Jongup pats my head before leaving me.

  I rest my head against the table while looking at the chalkboard. I wonder how long I’ll be able to keep strong.

  During the breaks, I sit at my desk while everyone was walking around, talking to people. Even Da Ni was talking to her boyfriend, Ricky. Of course she offered if I wanted to come with her, but I refused. I want some time alone. I also want Jonghyun to be the one to apologize to me. I tried and now it’s his turn.

  During every break, I wait for him, but he never came and once lunch started, I look for him. I find him with his friends and not once did he turn back to look at me. I just don’t understand him. I just don’t know why he’s acting so childish over something that could be resolved.

  I end up sitting with Jongup since he was sitting alone.

  “I think Jonghyun is angry with me, too.” He pouts while eating his lunch.

  I look down at my lunch. I kind of lost appetite, but I need to eat since I didn’t eat breakfast. I take a bite and eat in silence. When I was done, I ask, “Was Jonghyun like this in the past?”

  “Huh? I thought you know him well.”

  “I do. I just want to make sure. I just want to know if he had a hidden self that he never shown me before.”

  He bites his lip as he remembers a memory. “Well, I don’t remember him being this jealous, but he does have some hidden aspects.”

  “That’s all I need to know,” I say and turn my head to look at Jonghyun. Jonghyun… Why are you acting like this towards me now? Were my actions really that bad? I mean, I didn’t think they are since Jongup is just a friend.

  “I don’t know what to do,” I mutter to myself to where Jongup couldn’t hear me.

  By the end of the day, I was tired of waiting. I was tired of waiting for Jonghyun to confront me, so I decide to go to him first. I catch up to him as he was passing by the gates and pull onto his sleeve.

  He turns for a moment before looking away. “What do you want?”

  Why is he responding like that? “I need to talk to you.”

  Jonghyun bites his lips. “Well, I don’t.”

  “Why not?” I’m trying so hard not to lose my temper.

  “I just don’t feel like talking right now.”

  “When do you want to talk?!” Okay, this time I just can’t stand how childish Jonghyun is being right now. I’m trying to make things better, but he’s making it worse.

  He doesn’t say a word.

  “Jonghyun! Talk to me! I want to make things better, but if you don’t say anything, then how can we?”

  This time, he looks straight into my eyes. They were strict and filled with annoyance. “I said I don’t want to talk right now. Leave me alone.”

  Those words stung me. I just wanted to cry and I’m near it, but I try my best not to cry in front of everyone who’s happening to pass by at this moment. I bit my lip. “Fine. If you want me to leave you alone, I’ll leave.” I stare into his eyes. “I give up. Let’s break up.”

  Again, he doesn’t say a word.

  I roll my eyes and scoff. “So this is how you’re going to handle things? You’re not even trying to stop me. You must really hate me right now, but I’m tired of you getting so jealous over Jongup when we’re just friends. I don’t understand why you’re acting like a baby.” I pause. “I guess I did all this for nothing. I guess what I do for you is not enough. I’m tired. I’m so tired. I’m trying to help you Jonghyun especially since you lost your memories and you have no idea how hard I try to make you happy. I’m done.” I turn around and start walking off.

  He didn’t even call for me nor did he try to stop me. Just by that thought of him not wanting to stop this causes me to cry. I don’t want to leave him like this, but I just can’t understand why he’s acting this way so suddenly. I didn’t do anything with Jongup and he’s all mad at me. Jonghyun, what is wrong with you?