Moving In

You're My Only Oppa

  After school, I walk home and found Jeongmin’s car parked in our driveway. Yay! He’s here today! I wonder why because I don’t recall Unnie saying he’ll visit. I guess it was a last minute thing or something.

  I step inside and found a suitcase near the doorway. What’s this? I walk to the living room and found Jeongmin sitting on the couch, watching T.V while Unnie was reading a book. It was silent other than the T.V and the flipping of pages. I decide to break it, “I’m home! And what’s with thte suitcase at the doorway?”

  Jeongmin and Unnie looks at me with a huge grin on their face.

  Unnie stands up. “Jeongmin is moving in with us!”

  My eyes brighten. “Really?!” I was excited about that idea. Like I said, I like Jeongmin and I knew he’ll take care of Unnie and me, of course. Ah! I just want them to get married already! But they’re still young!

  She nods. “Yes and he’ll be taking the room next to yours. You don’t mind, do you?”

  I shake my head. “Nope. Welcome to the family, Jeongmin!”

  Jeongmin walks up to me and takes me into a hug. “I’m glad you’re accepting me into the family, Little Sis.”

  Ah, at least he didn’t call me dongsaeng. But it still has the same meaning… I shake it off and hug him back. When I release him, I ask, “Do you need help unpacking?”

  He shakes his head. “I can do it. It’s not much because I’ve been living in an apartment with one of my friends. I only have clothes, so I can do that by myself.”

  I nod, unsurely. “Are you?”

  “I’m sure.” He pats my head. “Thanks for asking.”

  I smile. “I’ll be in my room if you need me! I have to do homework!” I exclaim, but in fact, I don’t have homework. I just said it to get away from them. They need their alone time even though they weren’t exactly doing anything.

  I still remember the day I caught them making out. It was the time when I didn’t get along with Unnie because I thought she liked Jonghyun and she was using Jeongmin to get her mind off him, but now I know she truly loves Jeongmin. But ever since that day, I wondered what it would be like to be kissed with so much passion. I know it’s inappropriate, but I wanted to know what it feels like to be kissed that way.

  I shake it off, knowing I’m still young. It’s time to think about something else, not about kissing!

  I enter my room and immediately grab my diary where I read a random diary entry. I’m no longer going in order because I don’t need to. I have already read the whole thing and wrote some more. Should I write what happened today first or read a diary entry? Ah… I’ll read. I need to have an idea where to go to to take Jonghyun on Saturday.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

  Diary Entry #26

  August 4

  Dear Diary,

    It’s still summer vacation! WOOHOO! Ah, but I’m so bored! I don’t know what to do today! I’m stuck in my house, doing nothing! Unnie is busy visiting the college she’ll be attending. And you know what happened to my parents…

  Well, I’ll call Jonghyun real quick and get back to you~

 

  OMG! I just got back from visiting Jonghyun! First, I’ll tell you what happened when I called him. So it went something like this:

  I dialed Jonghyun’s number and placed the phone to my ear.

  “Hello?” Jonghyun’s voice came on the other line.

  I felt like squealing when I heard his voice. It was just so Y! I bit my lip from preventing that to happen and said, “Jonghyun! I’m bored! I don’t know what to do today!”

  “Ah…” I knew he was thinking because he stopped talking. “Want to come over?”

  My eyes widened. Did he just offered me to visit him?! What?! I couldn’t believe my ears!  “Uh, sure!”

  “Okay, I’ll see you here. But make sure you tell your Unnie so she won’t be so worried.”

  I nodded, but realized we were on the phone. “Okay! I’ll see you there!” With that, I hung up and told Unnie where I was going.

  I was excited to visit him, so I basically ran all the way to his house. It’s not that far, but it’s still far… If you know what I mean. >.<

  Once there, Jonghyun led me to his room once more.

  “So. Since it’s summer, what do you want to do?” He asked me while placing his hands on his hips. Jonghyun didn’t wait for my answer and shook his head. “Well, let’s start off by playing video games!” With those words, he crawled on the floor as he got the consol ready.

  I stood there, not knowing what to do! I played with him before but I ! I have never played video games before I met Jonghyun! I’m a girl and I have no brothers! Asdgsdfgjklgh!!!! If we play a war game, I’m going to die on the first round! This is not cool!

  I sat next to him as we waited for the game to load. To the side, Jonghyun seemed really excited. He turned to me with a bright smile. “I just got this game. Appa bought it for me but I never had the chance to play it because I heard it’s better when it’s multiplayer.”

  “Ah…” I didn’t know what to say because, like I said, I at video games. As I was waiting for it to load, I looked around the room and sighed. I hoped he wouldn’t get disappointed when I die like every other second!

  It finally loaded and we started playing. It was actually pretty easy and a game for kids but it was SO FUN! OMG! I GOT ADDICTED! You have no idea how I was soooo into it. Sure, it’s a kid game but it’s fun! Want to know what it’s called? Well, it’s called Little Big Planet™! At least I wouldn’t have to worry about dying every second. XP

  Ah… That’s basically what happened the rest of the day until I had to return home. Unnie picked me up because it was late and she didn’t want me to be walking in the streets that late.

  So now I’m here at home, doing nothing. *Sigh* I really need something to do to keep me occupied. I would read but… Nope… I’ll think of something…

  I’m running out of space, so ppyong~ I’ll write in you later!~

-In Young <3

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

  Ah. I remember that day, vaguely. I remember playing that game, too! It was super fun! I hope Jonghyun still has that game because I would like to play it again. Okay, time to write what happened today.

  I take out a pencil and write out the events from this morning to now. When I finished, I set my diary on my desk and look out the window. Right at that moment, I find Jongup walking by our house. My face lit. I wonder if he enjoyed the club.

  I open my window and call out, “Jongup!”

  He jumps, literally and looks around like he was trying to hide.

  I call out again. “Jongup! Up here!”

  Jongup’s eyes went to my house as they slowly glide up to my room. Seeing me, he smiles. “Hey, In Young-ah!”

  I blush. His voice is so cute and innocent like his smile. “How was your club activities?”

  “It was good.” He pauses. “It was really simple because we were learning the basics but because I was new, they told me to show what I got. I did…”

  I brighten. He’s a good dancer. I know it because I’ve seen him. “What did they say?”

  His head bows as he yelled, “They say I was just as good as Jonghyun.” I can see him placing his hands behind his back while digging his toe into the sidewalk. He was embarrassed, but I don’t see why.

  “That’s good! Jonghyun’s a really good dancer.”

  He looks up and smiles. “Yeah.” He mutters something I couldn’t hear. Then out loud, “Uhm. Do you dance?”

  I shake my head vigorously. “I can’t dance worth a darn!” I don’t know why, but when I’m around this guy, I can’t cuss. It feels weird to cuss in front of someone as innocent as him. “I take pictures instead.”

  Jongup’s eyebrows raise. “Oh really?”

  “Yeah!”

  His smile grows faint as he began thinking about something. “What kind of pictures do you take?”

  “Anything.” I especially like taking selcas with friends.

  “Maybe… Maybe you’d like to take some pictures of this place where I want to go.”

  I blink a couple of times. “Where?”

  “It’s not too far! I mean, not a lot of people know where it is. You know how the park is super big! Well, there’s this secret place I always go to and hopefully no one found out about it. I want to take pictures of the scenery but I just can’t get it right.” Jongup explains, blushing with each word. This must be the first time he ever asked a girl a favor or he’s just embarrassed about the fact he doesn’t know how to take decent pictures.

  I grin and nod my head. “Sure, I’ll help you.”

  Jongup brightens. “Really?”

  “Yeah.”

  “Can you do it this Saturday? I’m not available any other day because we’re unpacking and on Sunday we’re going to have a party for our arrival.”

  Saturday? But I was planning to go to Jonghyun’s place and re-enact what I wrote. I still need him to remember things from the past. Even though he might have remembered that day, I would still like to hang out with him.

  “If you can’t do it, we can go next week,” Jongup adds as he notices my silence.

  I guess it wouldn’t hurt missing one day. I could do it on Sunday anyways. “No! I-I’ll do it. There’s no trouble on Saturday.”

  His lips curved into another smile. “Really?! Thanks! I’ll see you tomorrow at school!” He bows and waves before leaving.

  I watch him go. Ah… Time to tell Jonghyun the change of plans.

  I dial his number and wait for him to answer.

  “Hello?” Jonghyun’s voice comes from the other line.

  “Jonghyun Oppa!” I exclaim as cheery as I could.

  “In Young! How are you?”

  “I’m good. How was the club?”

  “It was good. We saw Jongup dance and he was pretty good… But I’m better.”

  “Tch!” Ah cocky Jonghyun is coming. “Whatever! I bet you’re just jealous there’s someone better than you!” I stuck my tongue out at him even though he couldn’t see.

  “I am not! I know I am better than anyone in that club! After all, I’m a senior!”

  “That doesn’t mean anything.”

  “It means a lot.”

  I crinkle my nose. He really likes to argue with me a lot lately. It gets annoying but I can’t bring myself to hate it. “Ah, whatever. I called you to ask if it’s okay if we can change out meeting date to Sunday.”

  There was a long pause. “Why?”

  “I’m going to help out Jongup with something.”

  “Jongup? It’s only been a day and you’re already going to do a favor for him?”

  I was offended. “What do you mean by that?”

  “Nothing.” He grumbled. “Why can’t you do whatever you’re doing with Jongup on Sunday? Why change our date?”

  “Because he’s busy on Sunday.”

  “Well, I am too!”

  “So we can’t meet on Sunday?” I was getting mad. He was getting jealous and I knew it but why? Jongup’s just a friend. He’s nothing more or nothing less. He’s just a friend!

  There was a long pause. “Whatever. Just do whatever you want. I don’t care.” And with those words, he hung up.

  He hung up on me! I stare at my phone as I begin trembling! What the hell? What’s wrong with him? I just asked to change the date and he’s making such a big deal out of it! It’s not like we’re not going to meet at all! Aish! Jonghyun is so confusing! I’m going to talk to him tomorrow!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

  The diary entry numbers are going to be random along with the dates because it's like In Young is flipping through random pages. It's not going to like what I did in the prequel. So if you see a repeat of numbers, I'm sorry >~< I didn't mean to do that~