You're My Only Oppa

You're My Only Oppa

  It’s been a week and so far, there was no improvement in our relationship. Every day, we only look at each other as if we wanted to say words, but neither of us had the courage to talk. Once, I did, but I didn’t see him at the end of the day. I could have called him, but it felt weird calling him and asking him to come back to me. I think it’s more proper to do it in person.

  I look at my phone and skim through the contacts. I see Jonghyun’s number, but I skip it and call up Jongup. I want to talk to him and ask him about his opinion on how I should approach Jonghyun. I wait for a while until the phone stops ringing.

  “Hello?” Jongup greets on the other line.

  I smile. “Hey Jongup. Do you want to meet at the park real quick?” He’s still at school, doing his club activities.

  “Sure. I’ll meet you once I’m done.”

  “Is Jonghyun there?” I ask before he could hang up.

  There was a long silence on the other line. Until, “No. He left early. I don’t know why, but he was gone thirty minutes ago. I can call him up and ask him if he wants to meet up there later.”

  “No, it’s okay. I’ll talk to him later. I want to ask you something.”

  “Okay, I’ll see you there then. Bye.”

  “Bye.” I hang up and head out the door towards the park. As I’m walking down the streets, I reminisce the times I spent with Jonghyun. Some I want to repeat, some I just want to happen once. I just hope he would listen to me now that we have cooled down. However, every time we see each other, we never talk. I guess it’s because I don’t know what to say.

  Once at the park, I sit at a bench and close my eyes, thinking. I’m thinking of ways to confront him. Should I be calm? Should I be sad? Should I come out serious? Calm? I don’t know, but I will once I talk about it to Jongup. He always has given me nice advice.

  “Hey, In Young,” Jongup says.

  I open my eyes and smile. “Hey, Jongup.”

  He sits next to me and asks, “What do you want to talk about?”

  “I want to talk about Jonghyun. I want your advice on an approach. I want to say sorry to him, but I don’t know what to say and I don’t know how to approach him. And I don’t want him to ignore me like last week. It hurts, you know? I just don’t want to be ignored. It feels like he doesn’t care about me when he does it.” I notice his hands are in his pocket the whole time I talk. I’m waiting patiently for his response, but what came out was a scoff.

  Jongup smiles. “You two are so alike. Even Jonghyun was asking for advice from you. You want to know why he was angry?”

  I nod.

  His smile fades. “It’s because he was afraid of hurting you. He didn’t want to yell at you since he might hit you like he did with me when we had our argument and when you wanted to break up with him, his whole world shattered. He was basically dead.” His eyes shift. “In the classroom, he barely spoke to me and his friends! You really have an effect on him.”

  I start to cry as I hear those words. It’s all my fault. If I didn’t run my mouth, then I wouldn’t have said those words. If I was able to stop, then I could save him from being hurt like what happened to me when I found out he liked Unnie.

  “In Young… What do you want, truly?”

  I sniffle. “I-I want… I want Jonghyun by my side. I-I miss him.” I bite my lip as I try to stop myself from crying, but the tears wouldn’t stop and I start to hiccup.

  Jongup smiles softly at me and takes out his hands from his pocket, revealing his phone. There, on the screen, I notice he was calling Jonghyun the whole time and he must have heard the whole thing.

  He looks at his phone’s clock before turning it off. “I think he’s going to be here in a couple of minutes,” he says to himself.

  “You planned this?” I ask, stunned by his plan.

  He smiles his idiot smile while nodding his head. “Of course I did with the help of Himchan… But he doesn’t matter right now. What matters is Jonghyun. It was hard to convince his to go with my plan, but I told him, ‘If you really want to get back with In Young, you have to do this. You’re going to lose her forever if you keep this up!’” He makes a face as if he was remembering the events. “He’s so stubborn, but he gave in after a while. Oh, look, here he comes.”

  I turn around and find him panting while holding his phone tightly in his hand. He’s standing in front of me, eyes serious but soft at the same time.

  “Jonghyun,” I mutter.

  Suddenly he takes me in a tight hug, burying his head into my neck. “I’m sorry, In Young,” he whispers.

  I just break down and cry all over again, but this time because of happiness. “Jonghyun, I missed you so much.”

  “I did, too,” he says back and gives me a squeeze before letting me go.

  “You’re my only Oppa.” I confess. That’s the truth. I will never love anyone else except for Jonghyun. He’s my one and only. No matter how many fights we get into, I’m always going to go back to him.

  He pats my head and pecks me on the lips. Then, he turns to Jongup. “Thanks, Jongup.”

  “Huh?” Jongup laughs while rubbing the back of his head. “Ah, it’s nothing. I’m just helping a friend, but Jonghyun, I have something to say. Something about the past. I-”

  Jonghyun cuts him off with a raise of his hand. “It’s okay. I don’t need to remember what happened in the past because what’s more important is the future.”

  Jongup retreats while gulping. “Yeah, I guess, but-”

  “Just tell my later then.”

  He nods his head.

  I hold Jonghyun’s hand tightly. “Next time, don’t ignore me when I’m talking to you!” I pout my lips while swinging our arms around. “Because I don’t want to get into another fight like that, okay?”

  “Okay, In Youngie.” He pecks me on the lips once more.

  Aish! He truly knows how to make my heart flutter no matter how many times we’re mad at each other. He’s definitely going to be my one and only Oppa no matter what.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  Monday.

  “I knew you guys can’t stay away from each other for a long time!” Ricky exclaims while coming up to us when we were holding each other’s hand. “Aish! I don’t even know why you said you two broke up in the first place! I didn’t even believe it until I noticed you stopped talking to each other for a week! But now look at you two, you’re back together.”

  Da Ni hits him on the head. “You’re talking too much!” She smiles at me. “I’m glad you two are back together at least. I mean, everything felt strange when you’re not by each other’s side. It’s so awkward when I see you two as separate people! Anyways, now I’m talking a lot. What happened?”

  We exchange glances.

  “We made up.” Jonghyun  states.

  “Yeah, it’s because Jongup helped us,” I add.

  “Where is he anyways?” Jonghyun asks.

  “Right here!” Jongup exclaims while coming up behind us. He was out of breath because he was running. “Sorry, I overslept and I thought I was going to be late for school so I ran all the way here.”

  Jonghyun lets me go and takes Jongup in a head lock. “Aish! I thought something happened to you since we tried calling your phone, but you didn’t answer. We even door belled, but no one was there! You had us worried.”

  “Heh. My parents were at work that’s why, but I’m here right?”

  “Yeah.”

  Suddenly the bell rings.

  “Oh! Time to go!” Da Ni exclaims and kisses Ricky on the cheek. “Bye, Ricky!”

  “Bye Da Ni!” Ricky kisses her back before turning to the guys. “Hurry up!”

  Jongup waves me a good bye and follows Ricky. Jonghyun on the other hand, hugs me while whispering, “Do you remember the bunnies I gave you at the amusement park?”

  “Yeah.”

  “I still have my blue one. What about you?”

  I smile. “Of course.” I take out my house keys and there, hanging on the key chain was the pink bunny. “I kept it as a symbol that we’re together. As long as we have it, we know we still love each other.”

  “Ah, you’re so cheesy!”

  I scrunch up my nose. “There’s nothing wrong with that!”

  He shakes his head. “Anyways, let’s go or else we’re late. I’ll see you during break, okay?”

  “Okay.” I give him one last hug before leaving him. Jonghyun, I’ll never forget you. You’ll always be my dumpling Oppa.

---------------------

  *Sorry if it seems rushed, but I kind of lost my inspiration to write it. I still continued, but I'm not sure if it would be as good as it could have been. But I hoped you enjoyed! I'm glad there are some people reading this even though it's terrible!!!! >.< Well, bye~ Please check out my other stories. They may be better than this one XP