Chapter Eight

We're Still Married

 

Chapter 8

JunHyung pov

 

I walked into the dark empty house and headed to my room. I called mom and she told me they were spending the night with dad over at the hospital. I lay down and before I knew it I was dreaming. It was the same stupid dream. I’m running after her but I can’t catch up to her. But something’s different tonight. I’m getting closer to her. I’m actually getting closer to her.

 

“JiYoon!”

 

I scream out her name and was about to grab her but then I woke up. I sat up in bed and leaned against the wall trying to catch my breath. Sweats were running down my body as if I just got back from running and my throat was so dry.

 

“Stupid dream” I curse at myself.

 

I got out of bed to go grab a glass of water but on the walk down I stop in front of JiYoon’s door. I haven’t been in there since she left. I always get nightmares when I sleep in there. I see her in my sleep all the time. That stupid dream it use to come only when I sleep in that room but soon it came every night it didn’t matter where I was. I open the door and walked in. Everything was dusty. My eyes wonder around the room and landed on the dead bouquet of flowers on the night stand.

 

“Why didn’t mom throw that out?” I asked myself.

 

 I walked over and grab the bouquet. The papers under the bouquet slip off the table. I sigh and wasn’t going to pick it back up but one piece caught my eye. I look through it.

 

“You got to be kidding me…we’re still married?”

 

JiYoon pov

 

“So you two are still married?” IU asks.

“SHHHH” I hush her. “Stop talking about it.” I looked around there was no one else in the room but us.

IU shook her head “I can’t. Think how his fans will react! Omo what if you get anti-fan café’s? Or get scary fan girls following you every where you go? What if they try to break into our house?” Her breathing had rapidly risen.

“Calm down, I won’t let that happen.”

“How?”

“I have to get him to sign the papers.”

“How?”

I put my head down on my desk “I don’t know.”

 

Teachers started to come into the teacher office. IU walked back to her desk calmly and I went back to trying to grade papers. JunHyung was done with his community service early since the principal let him go. At least I didn’t have to worry about him showing up at school today. Or at least I thought I didn’t have to worry about seeing him but when I walked into the class, there he was. He was playing with the kids and laughing. Part of me smiled since usually he’s not fond of kids and the other part was scared to face him.

 

He saw me and stood up to smile at me. Should I smile back? I tried to but I think I look more like I was constipated. The principal walked in behind me with another lady.

 

“Mrs. JiYoon what are you still doing here?”

“What do you mean? I work here.”

“But I thought you and JunHyung were going to-”

I cut him off “Am I fired?”

“No, JunHyung asked me if you had any vacation days and since you never take a day off you have plenty.” He whispers something into the lady’s ear and escorted us to the hall.

“Teachers have vacation days?” I ask.

He thought about it for a moment “See you in one month.” The principal waves and started walking away.

“ONE MONTH? That will be summer vacation already.”

“Well see you when school resumes then.” He yells to me from beind.

I turn to JunHyung “What did you do?”

“Nothing, I just asked for a favor.”

“What kind of favor? Did you get me fired?”

“No, you’re just taking a vacation didn’t you hear him?”

“I don’t need a vacation.”

“Remember what we talked about yesterday? One month is all I’m asking for. I’m not asking for a life time just one month.”

“I don’t understand why I couldn’t continue working though?”

“I like stay at home wives.”

“I don’t want to be a stay at home wife.”

“It’s just for a month.” He nod his head towards the entrance door as a sign to exit.

I followed him out. “What are we going to do for a month? What if your fans finds out? What if I get anti-fan cafes?”

“Don’t worry I got everything under control.”

“How?”

“You’ll see.” He opens the car door for me.

“Where are we going?”

“You ask too much questions. Get in.”

“No, where are we going first?”

“Somewhere where no one will find us. You’re worried about my fans finding out right?”

“But-” He cut me off.

JunHyung push me into the car. “You are making this very hard on me you know. I don’t like to force you to do things.” He pulls the seat belt across my body and clicks it in.

 

After an hour drive we stop in front of a house in the middle of nowhere. There were no houses near there were only trees and more trees.

 

“Where are we?” I ask.

“Our new house.”

“House? Our?”

“You like it?”

“We’re in the middle of nowhere.”

“So no one can find us duh.”

 

We got out of the car and stare at the house.

 

“What about my stuff?” I ask.

He smiles at me. “Don’t worry I asked IU to help me out with that. Everything should be in your room.”

“What when did that happen? Why are you touching my stuff?”

“I didn’t touch your stuff, didn’t you just hear me I said I got IU to help me. IU touched your stuff not me.”

“Still why did you tell her to touch my stuff?”

“Can we please go in? You can pick a fight with me inside okay.” JunHyung started walking towards the house.

“I’m not picking a fight. I just hate it when people touch my stuff.” I follow him in.

---------------------------------

just a little update since i have time today ^^