Chapter Six

We're Still Married

 

Chapter Six


IU clings onto my arm as we walk inside the school building. She seems to be very tired these pass days. She leans on me for support and closed her eyes. 

“What have you been doing? Why are you so sleepy?” I ask her as we walk into the teacher’s office.
“Nothing, I’m just tired lately.” IU stood straight and yawns. “I’m fine.” She walks to her desk.

I sat down at my desk and saw a cup on my desk with a stuff dog inside. I picked it up and look around for a note or something to tell me who it was from. I found nothing and place it back down. The other teachers started to arrive and I got up to go into my class room.

Inside JunHyung was sitting in the circle table by himself. What was he doing here so early? Did he give me that cup? 

I walk over to him “You’re here early.”
“Umm” He smiles but his eyes were all red and his hair was a mess.
“Are you okay? You don’t look too good.”
“I’m fine. I just got back from a schedule.”
“I thought you were on a break?”
“Break from appearing on tv and song promotion but I still have to work on the next album and do interview and photo shoots.”
“That doesn’t sound like a break at all.”
“It’s not.” He put his head down. “I just need ten minutes to sleep then I’ll be good.”
“You can go home if you need to. You can slowly finish your hours here.”

He shook his head no and continues too sleep. I look at him, it must be hard being an idol. I stood up and left him alone in the room to go outside. The students were arriving. I kept my class outside for a bit longer so he could get some sleep before the kid’s starts bothering him. They have grown close, he was officially one of them. The students listen to him more than me.

As soon as we came into the class room they ran over to him calling out his name. He got up and smiled at them and joke around with them. 

“Why don’t we just have a free day today?” I suggested seeing how tired he was.
“YAY” the class cheer. They pulled JunHyung over to the play area and started playing doctor. He was the patient while everyone else was the doctor or nurse. One of the girls refused to wash her hands after playing. Her hand had become precious since they touched JunHyung. JunHyung had to make a deal to hold her hands again after she washes them. 

After lunch they continue playing doctor. JunHyung was laying on the floor with his eyes closed while the students ran around him giving him pretend surgery, shots and randomly wrapping him up in bandages. 

JunHyung pov

I open my eyes and saw her standing over me. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

“Are you feeling better?” She ask.
I sat up and nodded. “Umm”
“The kids left already. You should go too.”
I got on my feet. “Are you busy?”
“Why?”
“I feel kind of dizzy, I don’t think I can drive can you drive?”
“What about your manger?”
“He’s busy with the other members.”
She looks at her watch. “Fine.” She stuck out her hand “Hand over the keys.”

I tightly held on to the seat belt and held in my screams. How can she drive like this? I made a mistake asking her to drive, she’s such a dangerous driver! I tightly close my eyes and pray this will be over soon. I felt the car stop and open my eyes. I was ALIVE! JiYoon took out the keys and hand them over to me.

“I will be leaving now.”
I nodded “Okay”
“Feel better”

JiYoon pov

Did I scare him with my driving? HEHEHE. I stood outside of the car for a while beofre leaving. I really wanted to go into the house and see them but I felt like I don’t deserve to see them. I shouldn’t be allowed to be with them again. I cause so much pain for them. I saw the door begin to open and I quickly left. I walked throught the neighborhood and saw a familiar coffee shop. It was Uncle’s publishing and coffee café. I stood out and looked in. I smelled the coffee and instantly remember how good it tasted. I only drink coffee from here once but I still remember the taste. 

I try to resist going in but I can’t help it. I walked in and let the smell of the coffee house hit me. I look around and someone caught my eyes. 

“Appa?” I slowly walk to the counter and took a seat. 
The girl behind the counter came over to me. “Can I get you something?”
“Umm just coffee.”
She smiles at me “Good choice our coffee is really good here.” She place a cup infront of me and pour me a cup. “Enjoy it.”

I took a sip and smiled. This is really good coffee. I look into the back room and saw appa making some coffee. When did he start working down here in the café instead of upstairs in his office? I look around me. All the books that he was publishing was still being sold here, so his publishing company must still be open. What was he doing in the back room? I took another sip and heard a loud crash. I look up and saw Uncle on the floor. My body froze as I watch the workers run towards him. 

Slowly I got up and walked over. “A-a-appa” The workers looked up at me. “Appa!”

JunHyung pov

After secretary Kim called me and told me my father had passed out I ran out to the hospital. He told me a girl was with my dad. She was calling him Appa? Who was that girl? I ran into his room and saw him awake. He didn’t even notice I was in the room. He kept his eyes on the girl sleeping in the chair next to him. She had her head on the bed and her hand on his hand.

“Appa”
He looks up at me “Shhh”

JiYoon pov

It’s weird…why am I not having that dream? It is unusual to not have it…am I dead? Aish stupid dream where are you tonight? Maybe if I open my eyes the dream will come. I open my eyes and saw a blurry figure next to me. I rub my eyes and open them again. So…Is this real or no? I poke his cheek, it felt real. I rub my eyes again and poke him a second time.

This time he open his eyes “It’s real.” We stared at each other for a moment before he grab my hand and poke his cheek with it. “See…real”

I don’t know what happen to me but I just sat there quiet. He pokes my cheek and I just stared at him. He smiled and came closer to me. His face was inches away from mine.

“Are you okay?”

I brought my hand up to touch his cheek. In my mind this felt so unreal. I place my hand on his cheek and he smiled back at me. I didn’t notice but my heart beat was beating so fast I was breathing so hard.

“Are you sick?” He asks me.

He took my hand off his cheek and pulled me towards him. He grab the side of my head and pulled me in to place a kiss on my cold dry lips. *click click FLASH* I push him back and stood up.

“Oh my gosh” I cover my mouth.
“You two make such a good couple even after many years.” I look to the bed and saw appa with his phone. “Don’t worry the pictures came out well.” He showed me the pictures he had just taken.
“Appa” JunHyung stood up from his seat. “Just because mom is away doesn’t mean you should be skipping meals. The doctors said you are not well nourish and dehydrated.”
“Aish since your mother went to her parents I’ve been eating take out only and got tired of it. So I just been skipping.”
I grab his hand “You shouldn’t be doing that. Is there something you want to eat? I will make it for you.”
“Your Umma always makes me rice porridge.”
“Okay, I will go home and make you some.”
“I will be waiting for it.” He looks at JunHyung “You take her.”
“Appa it’s okay I can go by myself.”
“No no no let JunHyung take you. He works at your school too right? Take him with you. He’s more useful to you, I don’t need him.”

JunHyung pov

“Stop starring at me” She threw a piece of rice at me. It landed on my nose and she gave a cute laugh.
“I can’t help it. Stop being cute.”
“Cute? I’m not cute.” She covers her face with her hands “Stop looking at me, it’s freaky.”
“Fine, I won’t look at you anymore, so don’t call me freaky.”

I turn to the tv in the living room and turn back to her. She was tasting the rice porridge. I got out of my stool and walked over to her.

“You got better at cooking. I remember you made that awful egg and those burnt pancake.”
She gave me a quick glare and then turns back to her pot. “Don’t worry, I won’t have to ever cook for you again. You must be happy I’m not your wife any more.” She furiously stir the pot and pour the rice porridge into a container.
“I…I don’t mind having a wife who can’t cook.”
“Good for you. I want someone who appreciates my cooking.”
“YAH! You can keep dreaming. As soon as they taste your cooking they will divorce you.”

She grabs a spoon and grabs the pot. I followed her to the living room. She sat on the couch and ate a spoon full of the rice porridge.

“What about me? I’m hungry too.”
“Go find a wife who can cook for you.” She took another spoon full.
“YAH!” I snatch the pot and spoon from her and took a spoon full. “This is good enough.”