Epilogue

We're Still Married

 

Epilogue: TIME HEALS EVERYTHING

 It’s been…I’m not sure how many years it’s been but a lot of time had passed by. After I left Korea with JooKun’s help I haven’t come back. There were too many sad memories left behind to go back. I had to get away so I went somewhere where I couldn’t see his face where ever I went. It was hard at first, there was many nights where I couldn’t sleep thinking about him, crying, and regretting my decision but as time went by things got better. I was happy  but still something was missing.

 

In late summer I got an unexpected call from Korea. It was IU. It seems she was getting married. She didn’t have any family so she called me. I was her only family even though we weren’t blood related we were family to each other.

 

“I…I want you to come Unnie.”

“…I”

“Please, I don’t have anyone else.”

“…I would gladly come.”

 

That night we talked and talked until morning catching up on all the things we missed over the years. YoSeob had proposed to her after Beast’s last concert, which was in January. When DongWoon came back from his army training Cube decided to throw a goodbye concert to retire Beast and their idol lives. DooJoon and JiHyun had gotten secretly married two years ago and currently have a two year old girl. HyunSeung got the chance to work alongside Usher in training his new boy group and left for the states. KiKwang is busy training the trainees in Cube, he was looking for the next AJ. DongWoon was offer modeling gigs around the world after completing his training and was currently traveling. JunHyung…JunHyung…I didn’t ask and IU knew not to tell me.

 

August arrived and I was on my flight to Korea. At the airport IU was waiting for me with huge pink balloons along with a huge sign with my name on it. I haven’t seen my name written in Korean in so long it almost made me cry. IU started crying as soon as I was in her arms. In the car she couldn’t stop crying and talking about how happy she was and how bad she missed me and how skinny I was and how she was going to stuff me. I laugh and just listen, I really miss her non stop talking.

 

“OH I forgot to tell you, I need to stop in Cube for a quick moment.”

“IU…”

“It’s okay YoSeob and JunHyung don’t even work on the same floor you won’t see him.”

 

In Cube IU took me to YoSeob’s office and sat me down so she can go find him.

 

“YoSeob…JiYoon?” JooKun came in.

“Um” I bow to him. “How have you been? You don’t look like you’ve aged at all.”

He laughs “Are you serious? I’m so old now. What are you doing here anyways?”

“I came with IU.”

“Ah I see. You should take a look around, things changed since you left. We did a lot of remodeling here.”

“Like?”

“We have new recording studios on the bottom levels now.”

“I was wondering where the underground parking structure had gone. IU parked in the above ground parking structure.”

“Yeah, there were a lot of spies from other companies trying to steal our music so we sound proof the bottom levels and turned them into studios. Usually studios are on the top levels. Come let me show you.” JooKun grab my hand and lead me to the elevators. We went down to the basement level and into a room. “This is…supposed to be filled with our project group who would be debuting in two weeks…where the hell are they?” He turns on all the lights and calls someone. “Where are you guys? Where? Why are you there, stay where you are I’m coming.”

He looks at me “Sorry JiYoon I have to go chase those little punks. You stay here for a bit while I go get them.”


I walk around the small studio and picked up a cd.

 

“Wedding song mix”

 

It must be for IU and YoSeob. I open the disk compartment and place the cd in. Music started playing. It was good but I never heard this song before besides it sounded to sad to be playing at weddings.

 

“What are you doing?”

“Back already?” I turned around and saw JunHyung standing in the door way.

“What?”

“I…Joo…I’m sorry”

JunHyung walks over and stops the music. “You shouldn’t touch other people’s things.”

“Sorry” I side walk away from him towards the door.

He grabs my hand and stops me. “Why are you here?”

“…I…”

“Oh here they are.” IU and YoSeob came in.

JunHyung lets go of my hand and I walked out.

“Did we come in at the wrong time?” YoSeob asks JunHyung.

 

 JunHyung pov

 

“JiYoon meet our project group BFF…where did she go?” JooKun came in with the trainees.

YoSeob points out the door. “She just left with IU.”

“Awww I wanted to show her BFF.”

I slam the notebook I had in my hand down. “Why does everyone know she’s here besides me?”

“Sorry Hyung” YoSeob apologized.

“Why do you care you were the one who pushed her away.” JooKun points and smacks his lips at me.

“But she ran away.”

“So, you still pushed her away FIRST” JooKun argue back.

“But she still ran off into a different country.”

“Okay so you hate her why are you even mad if no one told you she was here? You don’t need to know.” JooKun walks away pouting.

“…I don’t hate her…”

 

JiYoon pov

 

“Are you okay?” IU asks.

“Yeah” I look around and smiled. “I can’t believe you still live here.”

“Of course, I was thinking what if you came back and I moved. You wouldn’t know where to look for me.”

“Thank you”

“For what?”

“I don’t know, just thank you.”

“I should be the one thanking you, you took me in even when you didn’t have money and raised me. You even came back for my wedding.”

“You’re welcome.”

 

The next day IU sent me out to look for last minute things for the wedding while she was at work. She told me JooKun would be helping me since YoSeob ask him to drive me around. I waited outside and happily waited for JooKun to come. He was so much fun to shop with when I was a manger so I was looking forward to this. A red BMW stopped in front of me. I wasn’t expecting a BMW I was expecting a van.

 

I approach the car and the windows slid down. “Hurry in”

“Why are you here?” I step back.

“JooKun ask me to come.”

I step back again. “Aren’t you busy?”

“Just hurry.” JunHyung got out of the car, grab my hand and stuff me into his car.

“But..but what if your…”

“Don’t worry I won’t make you wear a disguise, my fans won’t kill you, I’m in my mid-thirties I’m not an idol anymore I’m a composer.” JunHyung step on the gas and we flew down the street.

 

At the flower shop he waited outside while I went in and confirm that the flowers were going to get deliver on time for the wedding and checked on the design.

 

JunHyung pov

 

“Sir would you like to compete in our singing contest? The winner gets a dozen of our roses.”

“No thanks”

“But we only need one more contender.”

“No thanks.”

JiYoon came out from the shop. “What’s wrong?” She asks the both of us.

“Miss would you like to join our contest?”

“What’s the prize?”

“A dozen of our roses.” The sales girl happily answers.

“The flowers are really beautiful but I can’t sing.” JiYoon pouts.

“Fine” I grab the flyer that the sales girl was holding and walked over to the stage.

JiYoon follows me and stops me from getting on the stage. “What are you doing?”

“Winning you the roses.”

“It’s ok I don’t want them.”

“It’s ok I can win have you forgotten how good of a singer I am?”

“But..”

“Don’t worry no one even know who Beast is anymore. There’s new idols now.”

 

She lets go of me and I continue on to the stage.

 

JiYoon pov

 

“You were right”

“About?”

“Me forgetting how well you can sing.”

“Should I become a solo singer then?”

I laugh “You should. Thanks for the flowers.”

“You’re welcome.”

 

There was a weird silence between us.

 

“…So…what have you been doing?” I asks trying to make the weirdness go away.

“Not much writing songs here and there.”

“That’s good. What about your parents?”

“They’re ok. You should call them. My mom really misses you.”

“I should.”

 

There was a silence again.

 

“Did we get everything from the list?”

“Yeah” I show him the list.

“Are you hungry?”

“No” my stomach thought otherwise and started growling.

He chuckles. “I’ll buy you dinner.”

“You don’t have to.”

“I know but I want to.”

 

JunHyung parked on the side of the street and we got out to go look for a place to sit in. I stole glances at him while he was concentrating hard on what to eat. He looked like the JunHyung who I met years ago during summer. He didn’t look like the idol JunHyung but the normal, layback JunHyung. I really miss him. I look down at his hand and wanted to secretly grab it then run off like he would when we were young.

 

“JiYoon?”

“Hm?” I look away from his hand and up at his face.

“I asked you if you wanted some ice cream.”

“Oh, sure.”

 

I followed into a store and sat across from him.

 

“Are you okay? You seem to be spacing out. Are you sick?” JunHyung places his hand on my fore head and immediately I felt my body starting to burn and blush.

I push his hand way and lower my head. “I’m fine I’m just a little hot.”

“We can sit outside.”

“Good idea.” I got up and literally ran outside trying to hide my face from him.

 

JunHyung pov

 

She kept looking at my hand like she wanted to touch it so I moved them into my pocket. From the corner of my eyes I saw her pout. I wanted to laugh but I didn’t want her to know I knew she been looking at my hand. We approached a crowded street and I took out my hand.

 

“You want to hold onto my hand?”

“WHAT?”

“So I won’t lose you in that crowd.” I pointed to the crowded street.

“Umm it’s okay.” She puts her hands inside her pockets.

“Come on.” I reach out to her and pull out  her hand from her pocket.

 

I picked up my pace and speed walk into the crowd. As we got in deeper into the crowd her hand started squeezing mines to get a more secure hold on me.

 

“JunHyung Hyung?”

 

We turned to the guy calling me and saw two other figures behind him.

 

“OMG. UMMA.” The guy tugs on one of the figures and pointed at us.

“JunHyung?” An older lady called out. She came out of the food tent and we saw a clearer image of her.

“Umma” JiYoon whispers.

“JiYoon?” Umma started running towards us and I let go of her hand. “It is you.” She grabs JiYoon’s shoulders and turn her around. “It is you, my baby.”

“Umma…you must be living well…I don’t see no wrinkles at all.”

She smacks JiYoon’s arm. “Yah! How can I live well when all I think about is you two!” I pull JiYoon away from Umma and put her behind me. “No wrinkles? What are these things on my face then?” Umma started crying. “You two bad kids, do you know how hard it is on me watching you two.” She pulls JiYoon out from behind me and hugs her.

“I’m so sorry Umma.” JiYoon started crying. “I’m so so sorry.”

 

After crying for some time they finally stop and Umma drags us back home along with her, John and his wife Amy. Appa cried some more when we got home and pulled out the alcohol to celebrate. After couple of drinks mom was drunk but she wouldn’t go to sleep. She was afraid when she wakes up JiYoon would be gone again. After a few more bottles Appa was wasted too. John and Amy had to bring them to bed. JiYoon slept on the table with her head down. I walked over and poke her cheek.

 

“Yah, we have to go.”

“ummasjnjfwefjingvkjwelf” She push me away.

I got back up and poke her again. “Yah”

“Ummmmasdkmwjnemfjnlkf I don’t wanna!!!” She pushes me away again.

 

I sigh and stood up with my hands on my hip.

 

JiYoon pov

 

I open my eyes and my head felt my head really heavy. The room was spinning and there was this sweaty smell in the room. I rub my eyes and open them again. The room was still spinning but I saw JunHyung sleeping next to me. I slap myself and look again. He was still there sleeping. I look around, my old room. Everything was cover up with white cloths and it was very dusty.

 

“Ummmonawijgniqurbngqjklmfw” JunHyung started and turns to me. He flung his arm over me and traps me on his chest.

“Yah” I poke his chest.

 

He didn’t move. I poke his cheek…he didn’t respond.

 

“Are you really sleeping?” I quietly ask him. I quietly pull my arm out and brush his bangs away from his fore head. My fingers lightly touch his lips and retreat.

 

What am I thinking? I wanted to move his arm off me but I stop myself and snuggly fit myself into his chest instead…I must be crazy. Just for one moment I want to be hold by him again. I burry my face into his chest and went back to sleep. After about an hour I woke back up and notice we were still in the same position. I poke him and this time his eyes open. He smiles and moves in closer and places his fore head on mines.

 

“I…we can’t. We can’t.”

“Shhhh” He hushes me.

 

I close my eyes and waited. He place a kiss on my lips and his arms tighten around my waist bring us closer to each other. I was so into the moment that I didn’t realize someone was knocking at the door. I open my eyes and push JunHyung off me as the door flew open. Umma was standing there smiling.

 

“Do you guys want breakfast?” Umma asks.

“Umm I ummm I have to go.” I got up and ran down stairs.

“Wait you can’t leave yet.” Umma ran after me.

“I have to. I have to…I was supposed to be home yesterday.”

“But”

“Umma I’ll visit again.”

“But…but…”Umma was about to cry again.

I ran back to her and quickly hug her. “I promise”

 

I grab a taxi and took off.

 

JunHyung pov

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA” YoSeob was going to die of laughter.

“It’s not funny!”

“OMG so she kicked you off the bed and just ran home?”

“For the fourth time YES.”

“I can’t believe it omg HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.”

“Could you stop laughing.”

“I wish I can but JunHyung this is just too funny.”

“I’ve been trying to call her but she’s not picking up either.”

“Don’t worry you will see her at the wedding tomorrow.”

 

JiYoon pov

 

During the wedding I couldn’t face him at all. I was too embarrassed to. How could I have kicked him off the bed without knowing? I just wanted this party to hurry and end so I can hop on my plane and go back. I saw him coming towards me and I started walking towards the exit. Running away didn’t work he caught up to me and pulled me into an empty room.

 

He grabs both of my wrists and pins them to the wall. “Where are you going?” He whispers into my ear.

“…We..we can’t do this here.”

“Why not?”

“JunHyung…”

“I love you” He whispers into my ears.

“…”

“I miss you” He whispers again.

“…I miss you too” I whisper back.

He lets go of my wrists and wraps his arms around my waist. “I won’t ever let go of you again. Please you can’t leave again. I’ll be really mad if you do.” He places his chin on my shoulder and kisses my neck.

“I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry too.” He kisses me on one cheek and then the other then my lips.

I could feel his lips curve into a smile and kiss me again. I push him away just enough to talk. “We can’t do this here.”

“Wae?”

“People might see.”

“Let them.” He kisses me again but a little longer than usual.

“Let me take a picture”

 

We pull away from each other and saw his dad trying to pull his mother out of the room.

 “Continue on.” Umma cheered us on and happily left the room with her camera.

 

I lean back and cover my mouth giggling.

 

JunHyung leans forward and pull my hand away from my mouth. “I want to see my wife when she smiles.”

“What?”

“I like to see your smile.”

“No you said…wife.”

“Oh, I have a confession. I didn’t turn in the divorce papers…we’re still married.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

and this is how the story ends!!!! YAY!!!!!

the ending might seem rush but i didn't feel like pushing this on too long so i ended it ^^

thank you for reading and finishing this story *bows bows*