Chapter Seven

We're Still Married

 

Chapter Seven


After sending Appa some food we came back to the house to do some chores. Umma had been gone for two weeks now. She and John were visiting her parents. The dishes were pilling up and the laundry needed to be done. JunHyung and I played rock paper scissors to see who got to do the laundry. 

I sat across from him and watch as he hand washes the delicates. The last load of laundry was in the washer.

“You should feel special, this is a first time anyone had ever see an idol wash clothes with their hands.”
“I don’t feel special…truthfully without your makeup and clothes and hair all done you look…there’s nothing special about you.”
“I still look handsome.”
“Hmmm more like…feminine or maybe even gay with that super low cut v-neck shirt.”
He threw the shirt that he was washing into the tub of water causing water to splash. “AHH I don’t want to do it anymore.” He stood up and left.
“YAH! Where are you going? You’re not done yet.” I followed him out of the laundry room and into the kitchen. “Why are you so easily mad?” 
“I don’t want to do it anymore.”
We were now in the living room. I grab onto his shirt to stop him from sitting. “You have to finish what you started.”
“Make me!”
“Noona?” Both of us looked over to the side and saw John standing in the door way.
JunHyung points at him “Yah, why are you back already?”
Umma push him in. “What’s taking you so long to get in John?” She took off her shoes and look up. “JunHyung…JiYoon?”
I froze there next to JunHyung. He nudges me with his elbow. “H-h-h-hi” I finally mange to say.

She pushes John out of her way and ran over to us. She looks at me from head to toe in disbelief. 

“A-a-auntie”
She starts hitting my arm with her bag. “You bad girl! Where have you been? HUH? Why are you just now showing up?”
JunHyung step in the middle pushing me behind him. “Umma stop.”
She looks at him “You!” She starts hitting him. “Why didn’t you tell me you two are together?”
JunHyung grabs onto her wrist to stop her from hitting him. “UMMA! Stop, we’re…still…we’re not together.”

She sat down on the couch and started crying. We looked at each other. What are we going to do now? I step away from JunHyung and over to her. I sat down next to her and place my hands over hers.

“Umma…”
She instantly hugs me. “I don’t care if you and JunHyung are not together anymore. You shouldn’t have hid yourself away. I was so worried.” She cried some more and wipe her tears. “Enough crying, I’m glad to see you. Should I make you something to eat? What do you want to eat? Tell me, Umma will make it.”
I nodded “I miss your cooking. I’ve been wanting eel.”
“OKAY! Umma will go make it for you.”
John steps over. “What about Dad? Aren’t you going to visit him?”
Umma stood up. “Let’s…go after we eat.” She ran into the kitchen and then came back out. “I need to go to the market. JOHN! Stay here with them to make sure they don’t go anywhere while I’m gone.”
John salutes to her “Yes mommy!” He took a seat across from me.
I look at him and he smiled to me. “You have grown up so handsome.” JunHyung clear his throat and I looked at him. “What?” He was glaring at me. I look back at John. “Hey John want to help me with the laundry?”
“Sure Noona.” He followed me to the laundry room but JunHyung came running and push us out of the way to get in first.

John and I sat next to each other our ice cream as we watch JunHyung finish the last few pieces of clothing in the tub. 

I pat John’s head “You really grew up handsome.”
“Noona since you and hyung aren’t together anymore you should date me.”
JunHyung flick water at us. “Yah” He points to John. “Back off”
John starts laughing “You get jealous so easily.”
“Why aren’t you two helping me?”
“You suggested playing rock paper scissors to see who gets to do the laundry and you lost why are you complaining?” John got up and left.
JunHyung looks at me. “You’re not helping?”
“You’re the one who lost. You can’t even win why even bother suggesting it?”

JunHyung pov

I follow her to her door. Umma and John left to the hospital and I took JiYoon home. She stops walking and turns around.

“You can leave now.”
I look around. “This is your door?”
“Yeah” She grabs the bag that was in my hand. “Tell your mom thanks for the left overs again. Bye.”
“How rude you don’t even invite me in.”
“Why would you want to come in? You want to come in?”
I roll my eyes. “NO! I was just saying, I don’t want to go in. I have better thing to do then go in.”
“Fine”
“Fine”

I turn to go but saw a black figure in the corner of the hall way. I turn back to her and watch as JiYoon grab her keys from her bag and unlock her door. She looks at me.

“Why are you still here?”
“I’m just making sure you get in safely.”

I look at the corner and saw the figure coming closer. JiYoon must have saw me and turn her attention towards the figure. It wave at us. JiYoon step forward and squint her eyes. She suddenly smile and waves back. The person came running and hugged her right in front of me.

“What are you doing here?” JiYoon asks.
“I’m here on business. I miss you.” He looks at me “JunHyung it’s been a while.”
“Joon…it’s been long.”
He smiles “Whoa I can’t believe you are an idol. You guys are very popular in Japan.”
“Thanks”
JiYoon opens her door. “Bye JunHyung, Joon come in IU will be happy to see you too.”
Joon looks at me “Are you busy? Why don’t you come in too? We can catch up.”
“Sure” I push JiYoon out of the door way and walked in.

IU ran out of her room and hug Joon just like JiYoon did earlier. JiYoon was getting drinks for us. I sat down on the floor where the table was. Joon and IU joined me. JiYoon sat the drinks down and sat across from me.

Joon took a sip and looks at us. “Are you two together again?”
“No” JiYoon answers.
“Friends?” Joon asks.
“No” JiYoon answers.
“Oh…how did you two-”
JiYoon cuts him off “He’s volunteering at the preschool.”
“Why did you let me kiss you then?” I shout at her.

IU and Joon gasp.

“When did you kiss me?” JiYoon asks.
“At the hospital. My dad has proof.”
“I-I-I…I didn’t let you.”

IU and Joon started laughing. JiYoon glares at me and secretly kicks me from under the table. Joon’s phone started ringing and he left to go talk outside. He quickly came back in.

“I have to go. It was good seeing all of you guys but my father is looking for me. I’ll see you guys around.”

“I have to go too.” I stood up.
IU waves to us “Bye!”
----
Joon stops in front of me and turns around. “I hope that you and JiYoon resolve what ever that is keeping you two apart. She might look like she is okay on the outside but really she is hurting and really sad that you two couldn’t be together.”
“Don’t worry I’ll get her back.”
“Good.”
I stuck out my hand to offer a hand shake. “It was good seeing you.”
Joon shook my hand. “Same here.”

JiYoon pov

I lay in bed with my eyes open trying to get the image of JunHyung out of my mind. I can’t believe he kissed me. Why did I let him kiss me? I touch my lips. He got better at kissing. I unconsciously smile. I remove my figures from my lips and smack my cheeks with my palms.

“Snap out of it! Why are you smiling?”

I turn to my side and grab my phone from the nightstand. I flip through the pictures and found one of JunHyung sleeping. I secretly took it when we were still married. 

“Do you really regret it? Divorcing and becoming an idol. I know I was the one who suggested the divorce but you should of found me. I was so close to you that day, you could have found me if you just looked across the street.”

I close my phone and lay on my back.

“We should stop regretting the past. We were so young then, we did the right thing. We’re both successful with our goals…”

My phone started ringing.

“Hello?”
“Come out” 
“JunHyung? Why are you breathing so hard? Are you okay?”
“Just come out. I’m outside.”
“Hello? How could you hang up on me?”

I got out of bed and walked out. As soon as I open the door he walked up to me and grab the side of my face. He lifts up my face and kissed me. I close my eyes for a moment and let him kiss me…just for a moment.

I push him away and wipe my lips “YAH! What are you doing? Do you want me to sue you?”
“Go ahead, sue me. Sue your husband.”
“H-h-hu…WHAT?”
“…We’re still married.”
“What?”
“I didn’t sign the papers, so we’re still married.” He shows me the papers.
I snatch the papers from his hand. “You didn’t sign it!”
“NO..and…since…we still have one more month to fulfill our original agreement of one year. Your divorce papers invalid our original agreement.”
“So” I pout “What are you going to do about it?”
He grins at me “Let’s spend the last month together…. If your mind doesn’t change after the one month I’ll sign the divorce papers.”
I push the papers onto his chest. “Why? Why are you doing this? Don’t you know how this could affect your career?”
“I’ve been thinking and I’m willing to let it all go…but I can’t let you go. No matter how hard I try I can’t get over you. That’s the reason why.”
“You…idiot.”