So Confused

The Heart Still Beats (For You)

After about a million good-bye hugs and words, I finally shut the door, as Sangmi had left.

‘Phew,’ I mentally released the air that I’d been holding in for the last two and-a-half hours and collapsed on the floor.

“Eun-Gyo Noona?” Chansung’s face popped up near mine.

“Ah…Chansungie!” I put on a bright smile, but I knew he could see through it.

“What’s wrong?” He cocked his head 45 degrees to the left, making him look like an extremely cute dog that wanted attention.

“Nothing. Don’t worry about it.” I maintained the smile and began to his hair. (Giving him the love and affection he wanted) “By the way, what time is it?”

“It’s about 4:30 P.M. now,” Chansung confirmed by reading his watch.

“Oh my goodness!” I shot up and ran down the hallway. “Junsu!!!! Taecyeon!!!! Jaebum!!!! Junho!!!! Wooyoung!!!! Nichkhun!!!! Come!!!!” I yelled.

Almost as soon as I said each of their names, the 2PM members began to pop up from all different directions.

“What?”

“Did something happen Eun-Gyo???”

“What’s wrong?”

“Huh?”

A wave of voices crashed into me and I clutched my forehead.

“Y-y-y-you guys have a-a-a-a schedule i-i-i-in fifteen minutes,” I breathed out.

Jaebum slapped his own forehead.

“That’s right! I’d totally forgotten! We have a photo-shoot and then a variety show filming today!” He brightly said.

All 2PM members turned to him with daggers flying out of their eyes.

“Oopsie, my mistake??” Jaebum waved to the members, and then immediately started running away.

He didn’t get very far; for Taecyeon, with his long and slender legs, caught up all too quickly with Jaebum’s short ones.

He came back holding a squirming Jaebum over his shoulder and threw him on the couch.

All 2PM members crowded around the couch, closing in on Jaebum so that he had nowhere to run.

I felt bad, but I really couldn’t do anything to stop them. However…I could remind them that they have, now, ten minutes before the car and manager would be picking them up.

“PARK Jaebum!!!!!!!!!” Taecyeon yelled.

“YOU, OUR LEADER, FORGOT OUR SCHEDULE?!?!?!?” Junho was prepared to leap on Jaebum.

“H-h-h-hey!” Jaebum shouted in his defense. “Just because I’m the leader, doesn’t mean I always have to know and remind you guys of the schedule! Aren’t you all old enough to be responsible for yourselves? You have the schedule too!”

“Blah, we don’t pay attention to it too much, unless it’s a solo activity! You’re the leader, that’s what the leader is for!” Nichkhun nodded, giving Jaebum a lecture in return.

“…It’s more like the manager’s job…” Jaebum grumbled.

“Hey now!” I interrupted. I couldn’t handle them ganging up on the poor kid. (Yes kid…For he is one!) “You’ve wasted ten minutes fighting about this, than actually getting ready!”

I pointed to Chansung, who’s hair was disheveled, (who did that??!?! Oh right…me…) and Taecyeon’s crooked tie.

“Ah, don’t be silly, Eun-Gyo!” Wooyoung cuddled up against me. “That’s what Coordinator-Noonas are for.”

“Well, seeing that you ARE going to be changing anyways…Whatever.”

“BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!” The dorm-bell rang.

“Yes?” I answered, just making sure it was the crew, and not some crazy fan by chance who had found out where 2PM lived.

“It’s 2PM’s manager! I’m here to pick up 2PM!”

I opened the door and the boys went to put on their shoes.

Thank goodness that Junsu’s leg was finally better! Today is the first day that he officially resumes his activities with 2PM.

I was supposed to leave after Junsu’s leg healed, however, the 2PM boys convinced No-Ah to ask JYP if I could stick around to help clean the place and stuff. JYP, knowing how messy boys can be, gave in after being persuaded.

I waved to the 2PM boys as they filed out in the hallway, and began to make their way to the elevator.

I sighed and sank down in the sofa for a minute.

Peace and quiet.

Not that I didn’t enjoy the company of the boys, but sometimes…I wish I had my alone time again.

It wasn’t more than five or so minutes that I realized I had to clean up after the ‘Sangmi get-together.’


“BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!” Three hours later, I heard the dorm-bell ring.

‘That’s odd…Who would need to see 2PM now? The boys aren’t supposed to be done either? Perhaps Sangmi? Did she forget something?’

I shuffled towards the door.

“Yes?” I asked, wide-eyed.

“It’s just me, Nichkhun.” I heard his soft voice over the speaker.

“Oh, well come in!” I unlocked the door and Nichkhun stepped into the dorm.

“What’s wrong? Shouldn't you be with the other 2PM members filming for the variety show or something? Are you feeling unwell?” Motherly affection starting pouring out.

“Nah,” Nichkhun waved as he shrugged of his coat. “Turns out that they only needed Jaebum, Taecyeon, Wooyoung, an Junsu.”

“Then where are Chansung and Junho?” I asked, looking behind Nichkhun, as if to see the two pop out from behind him, in childish manner.

“Those two went out…their doing some shopping or whatever because of their free time.” He explained.

“You didn’t want to go?”

“Nah. I don’t go shopping whenever. Only when I absolutely need to. Besides…we do need to talk.”

I shut the door as I heard Nichkhun speak. This is what I’d been dreading since I got together with Junsu.

‘It’s going to happen sometime…why not now?’ I thought to myself. I decided that I should be brave and face it.

“Yes…yes we do…” I went to the kitchen and put on the kettle. “Tea?” I offered.

“Yes please. Black, please.” Nichkhun nodded and sat at the counter.

As the water began to boil, Nichkhun and I were silent. It was extremely awkward.

“WHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” The kettle’s high pitched squeal, notified me that the water was ready.

As I set out two cups and began to fill them with the hot water, Nichkhun finally spoke.

“Where you aware that I…you know…liked you?”

“Liked?” I know I was going on the wrong path of the conversation, but he put it in past tense. Did it mean that he gave up his feelings for me?

“…‘Liked’, yes. But ‘like’ now too…”

Oh…so it wasn’t how I thought it was…

“Yes…” I whispered as I pushed Nichkhun a cup of tea.

“Why? Why didn’t you allow me to express them? Why wasn’t I given a chance?”

I know that he was trying to be gentle, but I could tell Nichkhun was struggling not to lose his temper. Anything might make him snap, which wasn’t what I wanted, so I had to be cautious.

“I decided to…” I was going to say ‘ignore’ but that would have been extremely rude. “To…” Darn it, there WAS no word that wouldn’t hurt him.

“You decided to neglect them?” The word ‘neglect’ rang out, however, Nichkhun didn’t seem too off guard.

“Yes…” I whispered again, suddenly feeling my eyes grow moist and tears began to gather. I tried not to blink, as not to make them physically visible to him, but not blinking is impossible.

“You’re crying…” I felt Nichkhun’s hand on my face, and I saw his index finger underneath my eye as he caught a teardrop.

“I didn’t want to hurt you at all. But I didn’t have those feelings for you,” I sobbed.

“I understand, I’m sorry,” Nichkhun tenderly said.

“Sorry?” I sniffed. “Nichkhun, why are you sorry? I should be the one saying ‘sorry’ and begging you to forgive me!”

“I didn’t want to make you cry. I didn’t know that this was such a hard topic for you to discuss. I thought it would have been easier since you…chose him.”

“I did. I chose him. But now I’m so confused!” I could feel a fresh batch of tears making their way to my eyes.

“Confused?” Nichkhun’s eyebrow shot up. “Does this mean…you…are not happy with your decision?”

“NO!” I quickly said. “I’m so happy. I’m so…happy.” That last ‘happy’ was hesitant.

“What’s on your mind? This isn’t like you. You’ve been holding something in.”

“It’s just…” The tears fell, and I found myself in Nichkhun’s embrace. “I’m extremely happy with Junsu when he’s around! It’s like a dream, literally. I’ve been his fan ever since 2PM debuted. But…but…if it’s just you and me…I get confused. Perhaps that’s why I sometimes cling to Junsu more.”

“Do…” Nichkhun spoke. “Do I ever get a chance?”

“A chance?” I looked up.

“A chance to make you happy…instead of confused, instead of sad? Do I have a chance to love you?”